Notices

Thread: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
We're gonna make those rules up as we go.

Probably 16-18" as a guess.
Well, I mean the guy that hosted that event kept picking his sons truck up walking and sometimes dragging it threw the gates on a timed course, the tunnel part of the course he actually threw his kids rig threw the tunnel then gave the over all win to his son. What kind of rules is that? It stopped the kid from whining for a minute but screwd everyone else in the class.

I know you'll do a great job with this just dont get mad at me for questioning the rules. I would rather be clear on them before the event than get there and find out the rules have all changed. Been there, done that in racing. Theres a list of set rules everyone's suppose to follow them the wannbe pro's start whining and the rules get changed.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I won't get mad with this deal. Its all fun for me. And its better to ask if you don't know. We want it to be fair and organized, thats why we have the rules, but we don't want it to be uptight with regulation overkill.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
Theres a list of set rules everyone's suppose to follow them the wannbe pro's start whining and the rules get changed.
Then why are you whining about the pitbulls? If they pass for the national scale rules why should we do different. Following what's there already makes it nice and simple. Besides, Pitbulls bring the suck and look like shit anyways.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #24
Nope..

I think the 2.2's look redonkulous. But I'm gonna let the gf rock em anyhow.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
Then why are you whining about the pitbulls? If they pass for the national scale rules why should we do different. Following what's there already makes it nice and simple. Besides, Pitbulls bring the suck and look like shit anyways.
Im not whining, I couldn't give two shits either way. I just dont think it looks like a scale tire and I had dropped the subject till it was brought back up and I was called out on it by Beest. I was just replying to his comments that were made to me.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #26
Nope..

In no way am I bitching or wanting to change anything. Just making a point to why Id never actually enter a non ttc scale comp. So while we're on the subject..

I can't run these..

But I can run these..

And I can run these..

But I can't run these..

And then this is allowed..?!?!

PLEASE tell me what 1:1 tire this looks like.

Like I said, just making a point how stupid the sanctioned rules are.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I understand your point. Personally, I like what they are doing in Michigan and just saying "run what you brung". All we are competing for is bragging rights and to have a good time. There are no sponserships or trophies in this deal, just the chance to play with our toys and have a great time.

I can tell everyone this right now. If you show up to a comp and all you have is a truck with chisels and you cant afford to buy something not on the "ban list", bring it, come play! Lets have some fun. This is the exact reason I am leaving comp crawling alone for a while, too many people concerned with stupid stuff that kills the fun of the day. This series is NOT to going to turn out to be that, if it does, I'll cancel it all tomorrow and do something else.

Last edited by Handicrawler; 03-07-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #28
Nope..

Yesssss. (elbow thrust)
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Amen! We dont need any drama in this thread either. I was jus pokin fun at bill, and he knows that. They are just TOY trucks
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I understand your point. Personally, I like what they are doing in Michigan and just saying "run what you brung". All we are competing for is bragging rights and to have a good time. There are no sponserships or trophies in this deal, just the chance to play with our toys and have a great time.

I can tell everyone this right now. If you show up to a comp and all you have is a truck with chisels and you cant afford to buy something not on the "ban list", bring it, come play! Lets have some fun. This is the exact reason I am leaving comp crawling alone for a while, too many people concerned with stupid stuff that kills the fun of the day. This series is NOT to going to turn out to be that, if it does, I'll cancel it all tomorrow and do something else.
Awesome
Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This is the exact reason I am leaving comp crawling alone for a while, too many people concerned with stupid stuff that kills the fun of the day. This series is NOT to going to turn out to be that, if it does, I'll cancel it all tomorrow and do something else.

Well played, good form sir.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #32
Nope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Amen! We dont need any drama in this thread either. I was jus pokin fun at bill, and he knows that. They are just TOY trucks
Whoa whoa whoa.. TOYS? Next your gonna tell me WOW and D&D is "just a game"..
Old 03-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Cool, I'm in!
tj on 37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

I played D&D too...

Are there any other rules/regulations other than the tires? New to this whole scaler/crawler thing, but loving it so far. Bought the Wraith for a basher/time filler between races, but i'm hooked now. I might have to sell my racing stuff, and get rid of some of the BS associated with that...transambill helped me out some on another forum, but I still have some questions. Right now, I have a Wraith with all RRP gears, 2.2" Pro-line 8-shooters with Flat Irons, Vanquish Links, JR9100T on steering and Timbuk2 Wraith Edition. Bill said something about having a winch and waterproofing. Are both of these necessary? Am I better off with a brushed system for this type of comp? Never done this before, and don't want to show up and look like an ass clown (which will probably be the case anyways...). Just having fun beating on this thing for now, but I know the competition bug will bite and I want to be somewhat ready. Or can I just show up with what i've got, have a good time with you all and not worry about points, bitching and all the crap I dislike about racing??

Last edited by sdtech58; 03-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.
sdtech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtech58 View Post
I played D&D too...

Are there any other rules/regulations other than the tires? New to this whole scaler/crawler thing, but loving it so far. Bought the Wraith for a basher/time filler between races, but i'm hooked now. I might have to sell my racing stuff, and get rid of some of the BS associated with that...transambill helped me out some on another forum, but I still have some questions. Right now, I have a Wraith with all RRP gears, 2.2" Pro-line 8-shooters with Flat Irons, Vanquish Links, JR9100T on steering and Timbuk2 Wraith Edition. Bill said something about having a winch and waterproofing. Are both of these necessary? Am I better off with a brushed system for this type of comp? Never done this before, and don't want to show up and look like an ass clown (which will probably be the case anyways...). Just having fun beating on this thing for now, but I know the competition bug will bite and I want to be somewhat ready. Or can I just show up with what i've got, have a good time with you all and not worry about points, bitching and all the crap I dislike about racing??
You'll have to work harder than me to not look like a clown. I have a wraith also, its nothing special. All I am going to do to mine is get a winch on it, run it brushed, get some MIP driveshafts for it, maybe steel tranny gears. Other than that she will go stock. You will want it waterproof if you want to play in the water. There will be events where you are in water. Its all what you want to do. Other than that, come out, have fun and beat Beest.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture184.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...s/IMG_2165.jpg

seems pretty close to me
lagz2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtech58 View Post
I played D&D too...I'm sorry
Or can I just show up with what i've got, have a good time with you all and not worry about points, bitching and all the crap I dislike about racing??
Yes,yes and yes and dont worry about beest, he usually tears his stuff up rite before the event.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

I'm up here in the far N.W. corner of the state. we got about a dozen wraiths locally and none of us have ever been to a comp. How about coming up here and showing us how it's done. I have three acres of yard and a ditch, some woods behind the house we could tear up. just have no Idea how to get it started up here.
notfastenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambuller84 View Post
In no way am I bitching or wanting to change anything. Just making a point to why Id never actually enter a non ttc scale comp. So while we're on the subject..

I can't run these..

But I can run these..

And I can run these..

But I can't run these..

And then this is allowed..?!?!

PLEASE tell me what 1:1 tire this looks like.

Like I said, just making a point how stupid the sanctioned rules are.
x2
MntnHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #40
Nope..

Just curious. Are you going to have a list of events for each location ahead of time or is it gonna be a surprise each time?

So.. How about some pics of what everyone is bringing?

Last edited by Brainstain; 03-08-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announcing the Indiana Scaler TTC Spring/Summer Series 2012 Handicrawler Indiana 23 04-17-2012 10:10 PM
EPARCC Summer Scale Comp Series **1** Jslick Pennsylvania 1 06-11-2011 10:06 PM
Summer Scale Series Rogue Colorado 268 10-27-2010 07:57 PM
2010 Summer Scale Series? 701 Technique North Dakota 6 04-05-2010 08:23 PM