Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

Thanks for the input guys!

First off, Bob, I was just poking some fun at you. But in this case you are exactly the reason I like the run what you brung. In fact, I added a 2.2 "unlimited" class for that very reason so that anyone could bring whatever they wanted and still participate without thinking they needed a $750 rig to compete. That's the problem with comp crawling now, if you don't have $1500 in your crawler you are behind the curve and it turns out to be Saturday afternoon at the local RC track with guys getting pissy about what you are running or doing. If you win the point series this year (which you may or may not ), cool, have fun with it. Talk the cat up and make us work hard to take that title away from you. No prizes in this series! Why? Because my prizes suck!! (see above post)

Next year I would love to see more unique places to comp and maybe add a class or two. If we could do a 1.9 and 2.2 scale class that requires scale bodies, tires, accessories, etc, and do a run what you brung class, that might be the way to go. It would be a little more work on the part of score keepers and such, but that would allow for scale points and what not. Then your true enthusiests and novices with an AX-10 or Wal-mart crawler will be able to enjoy as well.

With the success that the series has had this year, I am truly convinced that next year would be a bigger success because more people are always finding out about it. Here is a list of things that I feel would need to be dealt with on planning for next year:

1. Locations: some in southern, central, and northern Indiana. We cannot limit the locations to specific parts of the state, that is too exclusive for the series. It makes it hard to get people from NW Indiana excited to come to Indy all the time for events, but also not everyone can go to Gary or Valpo for 4 events either. I do not plan to make every event, but there should be enough within a 3 hour driving radius that I can make.

2. Classes: we need to hammer out what classes and rules we want to follow and enforce for the scalers. We also add a RWYB class to every comp.

3. Events: do we want to run every comp as a TTC or would we be time ahead to announce just a rock crawl, G6, or KOH event? Again...location, location, location!

4. Sponsors: who do we want to contact, what level of commitment are we seeking, and to how many events?

My point system I have feels fair to me. It is based on the number of competitors at each comp and events. That may be one of the few things I leave alone, but I am always open to suggestions.

Is it too early to start talking about next year? I don't think so, I am a planner by nature and like to have my ducks in a row early. I would like to get 2-3 more people to help me put all this together so maybe we can start attracting bigger crowds. What can it hurt to fill Nick's yard with more vehicles next year? So if you are interested to help me out on that, send me a pm on RCC and we'll get together later this fall and start hammering out the details. Thanks guys for everything!!!
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #122
Pebble Pounder

Mark,
I agree with your assesment of the TTC events this year with one exception, keep the money and sponsors out and keep the fun in. It doesn't matter what anyone runs as long as they have a good time. While I have only been able to make a couple I always had fun and that I believe is the purpose of playing with toy trucks.

On a side note for those people that have not been to Arbuckle before follow the following directions to get to the rocks.

Enter the park off of Green St onto Lucas Drive. Go to the first right turn. Go about 100 yards and there will be a road to the right that goes down a hill. Follow this road to the second shelter on the left, this is just past the foot bridge over the creek. The rocks are just past the shelter.
There is also a very good place to run down a drainage valley just before the shelter and there are areas along the creek.

I just be able to make this one since it is only about 15 minutes from my house.
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #123
Pebble Pounder

I ain't mad at ya'!
Just letting you know how i feel about it!
smitty808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

So you guys need any help setting up next weekend or anything?

Not sure if anyone has been there or not. I can show up early if needed. Also remember they ask you to pay for parking.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

The awards banquet for this series will be held at Nick's next month at his event. There will be first place awards and a couple other awards given out. Nothing special. Hope to see everyone there and start thinking about what we want to do for next year's scale series calendar.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out this year and participated.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #126

I had a great time in the series. It's a shame it had to end. I went over to Hamilton Hobbies today and had a great time. There were a lot of 1.9 scale trucks. Only a couple Wraiths showed up and a few 2.2 crawlers. They will having a few more events this year so if someone isnt too far it's worth checking out. See everyone at Nicks hopefully.
CheckMyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #127
Pebble Pounder

Been a great series! Especially since I just came to watch the first time, since I knew my truck couldn't hang! Mark talked me into running, and it seemed to do ok!
Pics from FOTO comp are up at www.indianattc.com

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
smitty808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

Had a blast this year, made some new friends and had a good time running our toys. Thanks Mark for makeing it all happen.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #129

This is probably a dumb newbie question, but here goes:

How do I register for the Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series? Do I just show up at the drivers meetings, or is there some other way to get into the competition?
Spunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #130
Quarry Creeper

Its open to anyone. You can just show up. I will try to get the schedule up this weekend along with all the details. I've been swamped with school work for the last week.

Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announcing the Indiana Scaler TTC Spring/Summer Series 2012 Handicrawler Indiana 23 04-17-2012 10:10 PM
EPARCC Summer Scale Comp Series **1** Jslick Pennsylvania 1 06-11-2011 10:06 PM
Summer Scale Series Rogue Colorado 268 10-27-2010 07:57 PM
2010 Summer Scale Series? 701 Technique North Dakota 6 04-05-2010 08:23 PM