Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

This thread is for all things to do with the Scale TTC series. The series will begin in May and run through September with one comp per month. Locations will all be different as will the events at each one.

Classes will be: 1.9, 2.2 limited, and 2.2 unlimited. The 2.2 limited will be for trucks with a wheelbase of 12.5" or less, everything else 2.2 will go into the unlimited.

TRUCKS MUST BE A SCALE TRUCK! NO COMP CRAWLERS OR MOA'S. A scale truck is one that looks like a production truck (1:1) or a produced manufactured RC truck (Honcho, Hi-Lift, etc).

HERE IS THE TENETIVE SCHEDULE:

4 Wheel Parts, 9470 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN: May 20, 2012, driver's meeting 9:30 am. Events will be: Truck pull, rock crawling, obstacle course, tug of war (time permitting). No water proofing necessary

Matter Park, Marion, IN: June 23, 2012, driver's meeting 10 AM, meet in middle parking lot (I'll post exact meeting place when time is closer). Events: truck pull, obstacle course, tank trap, rock crawl or hill climb time permitting. Waterproofing recommended.

Summit RC Raceway, 1421 Goshen Ave., Ft Wayne, IN: July 21, 2012, driver's meeting 10 AM, meet at rock pile. Events: truck pull, obstacle course, rock crawl, hill climb or tug of war time permitting. No waterproofing needed.
****THERE IS A $5 CHARGE FOR THIS EVENT. Its being held at a RC track, as a courtesy to the owner we are charging $5 for use of pit space and air conditioning.

Nick's House, Bedford, IN: August 4, 2012, drivers meeting 10 AM, 4223 Peerless Rd, Bedford, IN. Events: KOH/obstacle course, truck pull/hill climb, hot lap.

Arbuckle Park, Brownsburg, IN: August 18, 2012, drivers meeting 10 AM, meet in front parking lot. Events: rock crawl, tank trap, obstacle course, tug of war time permitting. Waterproofing recommended.

Falls of the Ohio, Clarksville, IN: September 15, 2012, drivers meeting 10 AM, meet in parking lot. Events: rock crawl, tank trap, obstacle course, truck pull. Waterproofing recommended.

All locations and times are finalized!

Last edited by Handicrawler; 06-17-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #2

Default Re: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

wanting more info on this, from Fort Wayne, In. any chance there will be a comp up here?
FatBagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The events will include: truck pull, hill climb, tug of war, tank trap, obstacle course, and rock crawling. We will use any combination of these events at each comp.

It is highly recommended that you have a winch and waterproof your vehicle. Though it may not be necessary to have it waterproof at all locations.

The tenetive locations are:

Matter Park, Marion, IN
Arbuckle Park, Brownsburg, IN
Summit RC Raceway, Ft. Wayne, IN
4 Wheel Parts, Indianapolis, IN
Falls of the Ohio, Louisville, KY

Not sure where the last one will be held. These locations are not confirmed yet, still working these details out.

PARTICIPANTS WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO COLLECT POINTS IN ONE CLASS. Although, you will be able to participate in as many classes as you want. So make sure you know what class you want to collect points in. This will allow for more winners.

Points will be awarded for finishing place. It will also be awarded per comp by how many people are in that class that day. So if there are 10 people in one class, 1st place would be worth 10 points and 10th place would be worth 1 point. At the end of the series, a class champion will be awarded.

This is my first attempt at doing a point series or hosting comps. Please be patient with me as I am figuring this out as I go. These comps are supposed to be fun and relaxing, a good time to hang out with your friends and make new ones. I am also asking that you remember that there will be kids present, language and bad habits need to be kept in check.

Thanks for checking this out. I will update this thread as often as I need to answer questions or post information. You can always pm here or just send me a text/call (765)730-9167.

Mark

Last edited by Handicrawler; 02-15-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Are 2.2 Pitbull Rockbeast tires allowed? There an open lug comp type tire that is usually banned but guys run them on the scalers so I was wondering if there going to be allowed or added to the ban list?
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Nope..

Rockin. I'm glad I have something to go by now. How important are the winches going to be? Like, "if you're stuck hope ya have one" or "In this part where you have a 2' vertical we'll be seeing who's winch is up to snuff"?
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I hope the 2.2 unlimited class is truly unlimited, and all the scale points rules apply. The 2.2 unlimited should be governed by class 3 rules. Mine and Bills rigs have 4 wheel steering and it would suck to drive a long way only to be told that our rigs wouldn't be able to run, or run without rear steer.

Also, are there going to be comps held toward the southern part of the state?
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
I hope the 2.2 unlimited class is truly unlimited, and all the scale points rules apply. The 2.2 unlimited should be governed by class 3 rules. Mine and Bills rigs have 4 wheel steering and it would suck to drive a long way only to be told that our rigs wouldn't be able to run, or run without rear steer.

Also, are there going to be comps held toward the southern part of the state?

2.2 unlimited will be just that, unlimited! 4 wheel steer and dig will be allowed because both are present on 1:1 rigs. They will be allowed in unlimited only!

Sorry, I'm not doing scale points. Too many rules for me to think about with a whole bunch of other events going on. If you guys want to do a show and shine event or whatever before hand or if someone else wants to tackle the scale point thing at each comp, I'm open to that. PM me or give me a shout and we can chat about it.

Pit bulls are fine to run. They make a 1:1 PB tire, so I don't see why it would not be legal to run.

It is highly recommended that you have a winch. If you don't, there will be recovery vehicles available to help winch you out of a tight spot. All I want to avoid is the "Hand of God". Vehicle touches will be a penalty.

I'm not sure about the southern Indiana comps. There was a fellow from Bedford that wanted to host a G6/KoH I think. I need to go back and pm him or call him. Just an additional thought though, I am paralyzed and in a wheelchair, so not every place is very friendly to me. I would be up for locations down south if I can get to it.

Again guys, if you have more questions please post up or call me. I want this to be fun for everyone. Thanks for the input guys!

Last edited by Handicrawler; 02-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post

Pit bulls are fine to run. They make a 1:1 PB tire, so I don't see why it would not be legal to run.
Yes but how many 1:1 trail rigs have you seen runnng open lug tires? The 1.9's look like a more scale tire but the 2.2's are a wide comp type tire.

Anyway, thanks for putting this on. I appreciate the time and work your putting forth in makeing this happen.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
Nope..

Yeah. I appreciate thou organizing this. I too would rather ask questions beforehand than pack up all my shit, 3-4 trucks, my buddy and my gf then drive an hour and learn I did something that's not cool with everyone or I brought a knife to a gun fight.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

this is mgoing to be fun guys . mark will do a good job evan if it is the first one he has done but for the most part its about scale fun an breakin shit lol. we all just want to have fun an wheel an have some scale shit going on in indiana
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Awesome, sounds good! You can count me in then.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
Nope..

We're in. 2 2.2s and a 1.9
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Here's a little love for the southern indiana guys, we will be including the Falls of the Ohio in Clarksville, IN as one of the locations.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Awesome news, glad you and Barry got something worked out.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
Nope..

As long as these stay on Sat or Sundays I'm in all summer.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Here's a little love for the southern indiana guys, we will be including the Falls of the Ohio in Clarksville, IN as one of the locations.
Sweet!

Hopefully Bill and I will get a location groomed for a stop on the tour as well.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Awesome! It will still be an hour for me to cross the second street bridge though.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Bill, stop worring about the pitbull rock beasts. They are only a meh comp tire. Your swampers will do just fine agianst them.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Bill, stop worring about the pitbull rock beasts. They are only a meh comp tire. Your swampers will do just fine agianst them.
Let me guess, thats what your running.

I'm not worried, I can hold my own it's just there usually not allowed cause there an open lug tire like a comp tire and how many times have you seen a real rig with open lug tires?
You havent cause in the real world there not a scale tire and I thought this was for scale rigs? There 1.9's are nice but just dont think there 2.2's are scale.The 1:1 PB's look more like there 1.9's.
It don't really matter to me I'm just in it for the fun and wanted to double check the rules. The last place I ran a TTC they made the rules up as they went along.

How wide are the gates going to be for this series?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post

How wide are the gates going to be for this series?

We're gonna make those rules up as we go.

Probably 16-18" as a guess.

Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announcing the Indiana Scaler TTC Spring/Summer Series 2012 Handicrawler Indiana 23 04-17-2012 10:10 PM
EPARCC Summer Scale Comp Series **1** Jslick Pennsylvania 1 06-11-2011 10:06 PM
Summer Scale Series Rogue Colorado 268 10-27-2010 07:57 PM
2010 Summer Scale Series? 701 Technique North Dakota 6 04-05-2010 08:23 PM