Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Driveshafts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #1

Default Driveshafts?

Anyone have any suggestions on good driveshafts for the honcho that can handle alot of pinion angle. I've got the long axial link kit, and 120mm shocks so it sets pretty high(runnin the softest springs so doesnt really hit 120mm, just for articulation) I had bought Blue integy driveshafts but the pinion angle wont let them fit or let my shocks extend. and if i could fig out how to add pictures id add one so u could see what im talkin about
Dtrex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Driveshafts?

MIP, I don't trust any other. After that you can point the rear pinion up to relieve the angle if needed and you might have to limit the shocks with some fuel tubing.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #3

Well i dont want to lose the articulation but do u think if i made some shock mounts to raise the mounting points that it would level out the pinion angle enough to still let the shocks fully extend?
Dtrex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Raising the shock mounts would lower the truck however to much articulation will hurt more than it will help. With a lower truck or shorter shocks the truck will roll over less since the center of gravity would be lower.
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
RCC Addict

A modified traxxas maxx shaft would handle the angle. only downside is that without extended output on the spur side of the trans you cant fit much bigger than an 80t spur iirc. What you will need is a pack of long maxx shafts and 4 maxx yokes. Then you cut the ears off the stock axial steel yokes. Drill the maxx yokes as close as you can to the od of the axial yoke piece. Put the cut down axial yokes inside the drilled maxx yokes. Use longer 3mm set screws to hold it all together. Make sure you use set screws on both sides. You might have to shave the end of the traxxas yome a bit. Its been awile sience ive made some. They are cheap,strong and can be ran at extreme angles without worry.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote

Driveshafts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
driveshafts not_nick Axial Wraith 1 07-29-2011 03:29 PM
Driveshafts LST022752 General Crawlers 2 09-23-2008 01:01 AM