Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Need info on stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #1

Default Need info on stuff

I just wanna see what kind of info I can get. Im wanting to buy a new bright 1:8 jeep jk body but refuse to pay over $100 and like $20 for shipping on ebay. And im wanting to buy a good brushless system for my scx10 that has alot of torque and wheel speed when i need it. Anybody got any answers?
Dtrex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Need info on stuff

Best info you're gonna get is to search, search, and search again on here. There is way more info on here than 1 person needs. Check up in the various sections at the top of the main forum page. Look around the SCX10 board, tons of info and various directions you can go. You're location says Bloomington, there's some great terrain to run over that way, if I remember correctly. Is there a reason you're wanting to go brushless? As far as the body goes, I think you're gonna be hard pressed to find one cheaper than what you've mentioned, unless it's been chopped on and missing pieces.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #3

I want to look at switching to brushless because the terrain i've been running on lately is super soft and wet or just steep to climb with a 20T and a 18/89 gear ratio. unless there are easier and cheaper solutions so I dont spend so much on a whole new set up. and for the body, I was wanting to see where ppl have found then cheaper, like buying the whole truck for cheaper
Old 12-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

20/87t setup would get you more speed. You could go as far as 20/80t which is stock Wraith ratio. If you can find the JKs in stock at Wal-Mart that's going to be the cheapest. Check Goodwill and thrift stores as possible places to fins one.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Gearing will definitely help get you the wheel speed you will be looking for. Get a 20 dollar BEC set to 6v (if you are running stock electronics) and run a 3s LiPo. It should help a good amount. The stock AE-2 ESC will handle 2s and 3s LiPo just fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #6

Awesome, thanks for the info guys. If I can find a JK body ill post it up on here after I get it done
Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

You don't have to run brushless. I run brushed in all my scaler/crawlers and can go anywhere the brushless guys go plus I can still run in water.
The guys that run comp rigs can go a lot more places our scalers can't and they all run brushed.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #8

I'd like to stay with brushed, but i just didn't know what good brushed motors were out there. So I figured if I needed or wanted more power that I'd have to go with a brushless system. And I do take my rig through water, so now I guess I'm lookin for a good brushed motor that still has a fair amount of power that can handle being drowned in water. And if upgrade to a different brushed motor, say from tekin or something should I upgrade my esc too?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrex77 View Post
....And if upgrade to a different brushed motor, say from tekin or something should I upgrade my esc too?

I started out with an axial 27t brushed just to get rolling... then put a novak 55t in... and it is great.. great climbing and all... but the wheels i put on are heavy thus why i had to go to 55t..

now i should have done what everyone recommended the first time..

if you want to save money in the long run...
buy something like a holmes hobbies 35t hand wound.. yeah $60-$70 vs $10-$15 but WELL WORTH IT as you wont have to upgrade again!

brushless would be great for super speed like in a FOFF but brushed is recommended for a crawler basher.. unless you go sensored brushelss but you did have cheap in the sentence too
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Let me just say regardless of brushed or brushless all my rigs go swimming. 2 or 3 guys who run with us also are brushless and all have beven in water deeper then their truck.
If you plan on beating on the rig a little in dirty water sandy water or nasty mud just get cheap brushed motors. Stock Axial 20t and 27t motors work for a lot of people. Integy Lathe 35t motors also work very well for low cost.

I would say biggest choice is ESC. I run 1 HH BRXL and 2 MMPs and although I love my BRXL the MMP gives me the options of brushed or brushless as well as sensored or sensorless motor. More tuning options in the long run. If you decide brushed and only brushed the BRXL is it hands down. Good luck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Phablet)
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
RCC Addict

As of yesterday there were 2 of the new bright jk in the walmart in greenfield In. As for an esc The mmp has the most flexibility for upgrades and experimentation. You can have one esc than can run dang near any motor you want to. There also lots of ways to waterproof them as well.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #12

Right after you posted about the jeeps being in walmart, I checked ours here in btown and saw 1, but me being the dummy head forgot my wallet at home because I was in a hurry to get over there. so i figured "Hey itll be there tomorrow",........... it wasnt. So ive checked at 6 diff walmarts and a few targets too and still no sign... let me know if you guys see any? Particularly the 1:8 scale 20". My WB is an 1/8 under 13" and runnin 2.2 TSL SX's I think the 1:8 scale body will fit it pretty good

Need info on stuff - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No info on here about DIG servo? info Help Please -------------- toy4crawlin Axial Wraith 4 03-12-2012 08:07 PM
Newb info... Just making Stuff geauxturbo General Crawlers 5 09-19-2005 07:44 PM