Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Summit RC Rock Crawlers fort wayne, IN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Summit RC Rock Crawlers fort wayne, IN

Hi,

My name is seth and also live in Fort Wayne. I am starting up a Sunday rock crawling meet at Summit RC Raceway. IF all goes well we should have say 5-6 meets this summer, and depending on the intrest some or most of them could be Competitions, I think maybe a 5 event series, with troughys!!!!

summitrcraceway.com is located in Gateway plaza on Goshen Rd. The rock challenge is hills and beds just off to the side in the and around the ditch area next to the building.

If there is any interest in this post up, and I will come up with a meet date soon.

I will be there this comming Sat, to clear out the brush and work on the coarse. If any one wants to come out and check it out, I would love to meet more rock crawlers and hey bring some gloves too if you want to help clear.....

seth

Last edited by airborn; 04-07-2008 at 06:42 PM.
airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Ok guys I have been cross ref all the events at summit and the parking lot races and this is what I came up with for 2008. 9 Days for Rock crawling fun at Summit RC Raceway

April 20th -- Test N tune

May 4th -- Test N tune
May 25th -- 1st Summit Rock

June 8th -- Test N tune
June 22nd -- 2nd Summit Rock

July 20th -- 3rd Summit Rock

August 17th -- 4th Summit Rock
August 24th -- Test N tune
August 31st -- Finals Summit Rock

remember if you have spektrum you can go any day that summit is open to run the rocks just pay for practice to use the pits, let me tell you $7 is worth the power to charge and the cool A/C when its 100deg out.

The Summit Rock is a 5 crawl series that will cost $15 per entry with 10 going to the track and $5 going for the prize at the finals...

what do you think?

seth
Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Sounds pretty cool. Whats Dale think? Is he going to have to buy another RC car? Ok, hers the real question,what are you using for rules or class and course guidlines? How many classes are you planning on running?The few places I have been run scale and comp classes both,and if the course can handle it,supers. Im just trying to get an idea what you guys are wanting to get into.
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Greetings all,

I am new to the sport, but am interested in knowing what classes you guys will be running. I am buying my first crawler off ebay (may the builders out there forgive me) and it is a super I think. I plan on building either an AX10 or a something similar in the near future. Also, I live just off I-69 almost halfway between Ft Wayne and Indy. So if anyone crawls in this area, please let me know.

Finally, is Summit handicapped accessible? I am in a wheelchair paralyzed from my waist down. Thanks.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Ok,

Very good questions. Rules hear are the rules that will be used.

http://www.rccrawler.com/RCC_Official_Scoresheet.doc

http://www.usrcca.com/rules2008.pdf

classes will be determend by intrest, right now I think we have 4 to 5 2.2 guys, I guess that we should have some super guys as well, just no one has said any thing. The most intrest is in the 2.2 like the tlt-1 axle setups and the axial ax10.

What I am hopeing is any one that is intrested will show up on the first two test N tune days and also post up hear or on hobby talk so I can try and peice to gether what this thing will look like. right now for sure 2.2 class.

Handy cap, hmm. Well when we get rocks for the yard course that would be in the grass shouldnt be to bad, and part of the wooded hill climbs are very easy to access and look at from the grass, but the ditch area would be almost impossible to get at. Well except that I am pretty stong and I know a couple of ther guys that could lift you up in the chair and take you to a good driving spot then get you out when you are done driving. At any rate you should at least check us out, as I wuld do what i could to help a fellow R/C'er.

Dale thinks I have rocks on the brain!!! I am pretty stoked about this, as my other hobby for the last 10 years has been 1:1 rock crawling, I do have a old tlt-1 that I have had for say 4 years that I have done nothing with, till now. Any way Dale likes the idea and I think that after he sees this thing grow that he may end up getting one too.

seth

Last edited by airborn; 04-12-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I am going to make a web page for this, and will be putting pics of the courses up. The best thing would be to come out and check it out.

seth
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #7

Default hours for the events and track

what times do u think you are going to run the events on sundays, i would love to join but do to my job and 2nd shift i go in on sundays at 4. i have a 2.2 and a super i would like to run and a buddy that wants to join also with another super. i could manage to make it if it were in the early hours of the day. thanks.
Dtowncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtowncrawler View Post
what times do u think you are going to run the events on sundays, i would love to join but do to my job and 2nd shift i go in on sundays at 4. i have a 2.2 and a super i would like to run and a buddy that wants to join also with another super. i could manage to make it if it were in the early hours of the day. thanks.
Yeah I hate 2nd shift... I work it as well, however I rarely work Sunday. I will be getting to the track to open the doors at 10am for rockers to set up a pit table and start charging and stuff the start of the crawls on Summit Rock days would be noon. Depending on the amount of drivers and say 3 courses the comps should be done in 2-3 hours, thats just a guess.

Hey even if its just to come on out and check out what we have going on please do so.

Also on any of the test N tune days, track will be open at 10am till every one is done or say 5 or 6ish. The TNT days are just to have a day for crawlers to show up at the same time, keep in mined that this is a r/c track and any day that its open and not racing you can practice on the rocks, if you want to use the pits for work or charging and nice a/c that will be $7 extra. If you use spektrum then even if they are racing, you still can run the rocks out side. ONLY IF YOU USE SPEKTRUM!!!!!!!!!!

seth
Old 04-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Well any one interested? I will be at the track on Saturday till 2:40pm then off to work, I was not going to work but I have to pay for the crawler I just bought.

seth
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #10

Default saturday at summit

hey airborn you said you will be up at the track this saturday. im wounder what time you will be there ill be in the fort around noon and would like to swing by and see how the course is and give a hand if you need it for a couple of hours.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #11

k well im sure i can make it by there before 230 and give you a hand im glad someone is finally doing somthing for a crawling event close to home it should be nice to see how many get together for this and to see how other ppl build or customize there crawlers for the event
Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
hey airborn you said you will be up at the track this saturday. im wounder what time you will be there ill be in the fort around noon and would like to swing by and see how the course is and give a hand if you need it for a couple of hours.

Hey that would be great! I am going to be there around 10ish so if you show up around noon, you wont miss me. I will be the guy that is weilding a big ax trying to get the shrubs and vines off the course. Hopefully we can get it all moved, we just need to move cut logs and brush over further into the ditch.

seth
Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #13

Default Summit

I AM THE BUDDY OF DTOWN CRAWLER, THE ONE RUNNING THE GMADE , WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF WHAT THE COURSE LOOKS LIKE? (EVEN IF ITS JUST THE LAY OUT OF THE GROUND)
keller4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
k well im sure i can make it by there before 230 and give you a hand im glad someone is finally doing somthing for a crawling event close to home it should be nice to see how many get together for this and to see how other ppl build or customize there crawlers for the event
You are not kidding, I am stoked!!! right now we have 5 2.2 crawlers for sure going to run the SummitRock , I have had about 6 others inquire about it. some of them have the supers, so being the first time that this type of thing will be ran in Fort Wayne, if it all goes well next years SummitRock series could be off the hook.

seth
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #15

sounds good i mite have another helping hand with me so shouldnt be much of a problem moving that stuff. so ill make sure to bring some gloves hopefully its not raining to bad but yea see ya saturday.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #16

Default Dtown

Us Guys In Decatur Are Defintly Ready To Hit The Rocks Or What Ever You Can Throw At Us We Will Give It A Shot. Cant Wait To See How Big Of A Turn Out It Brings. I Think It Will Be A Hit.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by keller4200 View Post
I AM THE BUDDY OF DTOWN CRAWLER, THE ONE RUNNING THE GMADE , WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF WHAT THE COURSE LOOKS LIKE? (EVEN IF ITS JUST THE LAY OUT OF THE GROUND)
I will be taking pics this Saturday. I also am working on a web page for the SummitRock and will have pics there and on Summits web page.

Hey Dtowncrawler bring your camra with your leather gloves and take a few pics to show your buddys. I also would like to see what you have at your place, I read that you have a course made up. I would like to come and run it when I get a chance.

seth
Old 04-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #18

right now i have a super i built from a txt ive got a 2.2 ive built but the esc is on the fritz but hopefully have it running by then. i put all my $ in tha super so the 2.2 is on pause. ill bring them up saturday let you check them out.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #19

your more than welcome to come run my course me and my buddy made (keller4200). like i said its a nice size and pretty challenging specially for 2.2 but they can make it with the right line. but ill bring my camera with saturday no prob i plan on posting some pics of my course when it stops raining kinda flooded at the time. but you defintly have two ppl from decatur interested and hopefully i can talk a few other friend into buyin a crawler.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #20

Default Saturday

I MIGHT JUST BE COMING UP THERE WITH MY BUDDY ON SATURDAY, AND HELP OUT ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER HAND THE MORE PPL THE FASTER WE CAN GET THIS GOING.