Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Iowa

Notices

Thread: Iowa Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #141

if i didnt have to worry about my basement flooding every year i would make something more permanent like that too. i wish we had a rc shop around here that had something like that. heck if we just had more than one shop in the quad cities.
colesdad45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82 View Post
Look at this!
IT's morter mix too
Our little indoor crawl course
That looks NICE A little narrow.

Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

CD45, do you have to use burlap for the fabric or will something else work? Like an old sheet or something.

Is everyone thinking of a meet before Christmas or after. I have second season deer hunting so that will pretty much book up December. Hopefully we don't have a winter like last year cause we plow and that could kill any plans we make. I wanna do this GTG but we will have to set a couple snow date just to be safe
Old 11-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

BB you can use rosin paper as well a huge roll is very cheap. If you need some I use it all the time at work.

I was thinking after christmass personally. I have a bunch of work I am trying to finsh before it gets deathly cold.

Traded the sami! I will be getting my new ride this friday. IT's a rust free 86 short bed chevy. With the upgraded 12bolt and dana 44 front 350 motor turbo 350 tranny and np205 transfer case. Should be a reliable wheeler unlike the sami turned out to be.

Last edited by Cole82; 11-25-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #145

Bart: i would imagine an old sheet would work or towels. I just used sandbags leftover from my house from this spring. Being in the national guard i had access to plenty so i had some left over. towels or sheets might form a little better also. the burlap made for some sharper corners than you would expect out of real rocks.

Cole82: shortbed chvy no you are talking my language. I got a 83 blazer on 42's with a 454, 400 turbo, on D60 and 14 bolt. I dont get to use it much anymore cause we lost our land and all the buddies have 1000 horse boggers and race. I'm not looking to spend $9 a gallon on race gas to feed my $15000 motor. So now it sits next to the shed. You should see some of their trucks though. www.twistedandwarped.com.

I am up for a gtg pretty much whenever, as long it is not on one of my drill weekends. Lets pick a time and place after christmas and just make it happen.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

CD45 yeah I have tried every brand and every size of truck for offroading. This chevys are hard to beat for performance and price. Yours sounds like a beast pics?
What I traded

This is what I got

This is the DD
Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #147

You can buy just about anything you can break on a chevy for $100. And everybody has one sitting around somewhere if you need parts. Here is a quick pic of mine i will get some better ones tomorrow, the poor thing has been just sitting there for 3 years, i did finally get around to rebuilding the 400 this summer so all i need now is a reason, some ambition and some u joints.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #148
MWRCA'er

Wow Cole that DD has some DEEP rims. Love the flat bed much more useful I'm sure for the stuff you do. I hate to say it but the truck looks very ummm mexican. Don't know if its the pin stripe or what. Serves the construction duty well though I bet.

Heres my DD, put some rock sliders on it just the other day.

Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:40 AM   #149
I wanna be Dave

Get out there and get diry CD45 put that 400 in there and go wheeling.

Ben yeah this truck was white and 100% stock like 2 months ago. Put the flat bed on it then put the rims and tires on. 15x10 with a 2" bs got them used off the web for $200 Bought the BFG's 31 x10.50. After that it needed some paint so I sparayed the hershey bar brown on and stripped it. The bed was by far the best mod. 6'x8' on the inside of the removable sides. Had a 6x7 french door in there yesterday laid flat not on the wheel wells. The supply place manager said they may have to look into a flat bed for deliveries.
Those BFG's are great huh Ben after we went wheeling I was convinced and bought a set. No slider pics? I love the exterra's they are nice and problems or is it holding up well?

I can't belive no one noticed the working exhaust stack with a rain tapper.

Last edited by Cole82; 11-26-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #150

or you could just not worry about breaking stuff and buy a $800 23yr old Toyota

j/k I break mine but its stupid sh*t like wiring....brake lines...rear leaf after helping with flood and hauling WAY more sand bags than it should hold.

and FYI, I got my AX10 monday and put the front locker and 14T gear on...these things are FUN I could play all day down in my woods. there is a perfect spot by our bridge lots of rocks/sand/dirt..and hills.

Ill snap pix tomorrow, no work for 4 days so I should be able to get my tamiya Toyota cab on and build my ExoCage for it.

I need to order diff. tires and springs for sure and soon.

Last edited by TOYOTAS; 11-26-2008 at 04:56 PM.
TOYOTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:18 AM   #151
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82 View Post
Get out there and get diry CD45 put that 400 in there and go wheeling.

Ben yeah this truck was white and 100% stock like 2 months ago. Put the flat bed on it then put the rims and tires on. 15x10 with a 2" bs got them used off the web for $200 Bought the BFG's 31 x10.50. After that it needed some paint so I sparayed the hershey bar brown on and stripped it. The bed was by far the best mod. 6'x8' on the inside of the removable sides. Had a 6x7 french door in there yesterday laid flat not on the wheel wells. The supply place manager said they may have to look into a flat bed for deliveries.
Those BFG's are great huh Ben after we went wheeling I was convinced and bought a set. No slider pics? I love the exterra's they are nice and problems or is it holding up well?

I can't belive no one noticed the working exhaust stack with a rain tapper.
I didn't even see the flapper and stack. I thought your truck was white and when I saw it was brown I was huh? I guess that would explain the painted mirror. You did great job though for a guick paint job I didn't notice at first glance. Yeah those old fords are super tough I used to know a guy in high school who had one that he beat the living crap out of. I'm hooked on the BFG's just a great tire. I'd like maybe a little more solid sidewall I poked a hole though the side once in the rocks. The warranty was great though. They handle road duty great and aired down they work very close to being as good as M/t's. I don't see any similar A/t's on the market everything else is road tread or wears to fast. Went with 32x11.50x15 just like what my old truck had. Some guy in the local Xterra club was looking to get rid of them after going to 33's so I picked them up with the wheels near new for like $500. Yeah I love the Xterra, it just has so much room inside and a little more go then my old rig. Still fun to drive as its a stick shift. My old truck was definitly better offroad, this one needs a lift and more flex. Other then a blower resistor and regular oil changes no problems. I've been driving this rig like crazy this year I've put 13,000 miles on it since June. Went to MN, Upper pennisula Wisconsin, Moab UT.

Tires wheels and running board removal does wonders.

Last edited by Mnster; 11-27-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:51 AM   #152
I wanna be Dave

That does look much better Ben, took the minivan look out of it. Yeah here it was white and no stack. This is the day I put the tires on. Yeah the color is PPG Dark Leather Brown single stage. I sand blasted from the belt line down then sprayed it. Didn't do any dent removal or rust fix on the fenders, but it looks way better than before.

Here is a pic of an old yota of mine.
New TOY

Old 11-27-2008, 06:59 AM   #153

Mnstr, heres a pic I thought you would enjoy. It's one of the local guys, i guess he really beats the crap out of the thing.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Default Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well here's all my shtuff
My rarely driven '94. I am the original owner Home made 2"BL, 32" MTR's. 3/4 rear springs, leveled torsionbars. Stage 2 Jet Chip, 350, headers, true Flowmaster illegal duals no cat, TBI spacer, K&N, 180 stat.

Wifes '04 Sequia

My DD

My Heep. '79 CJ5 4", 33" TSL R's, Shackle reversal, boat sides, comp cut, w 3/16 slammer rear corners, poop pipe flat fenders, stretched WB to 90" custom rear 3/16" 2x4 tube frame, 258CID I6 with FoMoCo 2Bbl carb.

Last edited by Bart bender; 11-27-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #155

pic of my chevy.... I need to put back together......

and my bronco

and my Jeep I recently sold
Bronco Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #156

[/quote]

cool jeep!!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, why'd you get rid of the TJ? Chevy looks like it's coming together. What is it '69 '70? I love that '67-'72 body style.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
Thanks, why'd you get rid of the TJ? Chevy looks like it's coming together. What is it '69 '70? I love that '67-'72 body style.
it was to easy to break....only had dana 30 front and 35 rear

the truck is titled as 72, but has parts from '67-'78. it's farther along than the pics, just needs drive shafts, brakes and plumbed and wired under the hood.
the truck has a 400 SBC/TH400 with a 203 Tcase, 14 bolt rear and crappy 10Bolt front. it actually used to run and drive but I broke the out-put shaft on the old TH350, probably should not of done 4WD burn-outs and street raced with it.....

Last edited by Bronco Driver; 11-27-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #159
I wanna be Dave

BD I saw that tj and 78-79 bronc on the miobi forum.

I had a 78 bronco that I loved put my heart and sole into it. Made it freakin awesome, my first rig I built. The first ever I bought didn't do the work. But I was a poor college sudent and had to sell the bronco. Last time I heard it was still going strong up in the strawberry point area.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #160
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by colesdad45 View Post
Mnstr, heres a pic I thought you would enjoy. It's one of the local guys, i guess he really beats the crap out of the thing.
Haha, indeed he does. He was at a club meet a few weeks back with my club and took the windshield and mirror out on a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPa5tT6Kk0