Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Iowa

Notices

Thread: Iowa Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

A Farm tractor I have a hydro drive setup like skid steer has and it's collecting dust. Also have some 2" square tubing rusing away. Either this or a full caged gokart/dune buggy.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

I say hydrostatic one seat rock crawler. If it's like a skidsteer you have two motors and dual pump set up. The motors could drive the pinions on a front and rear axle. Then is all you will have to do is buy my quad from me and you would have one hell of a set up.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
I say hydrostatic one seat rock crawler. If it's like a skidsteer you have two motors and dual pump set up. The motors could drive the pinions on a front and rear axle. Then is all you will have to do is buy my quad from me and you would have one hell of a set up.
What quad do you have for sale?

Oh trust me I have been thinking about doing it to the sammi. I have half the setup basically one side. That is one pump and one motor. The other side didn't make it through the flood. The sammi is 1700pounds right now. If I drop the motor tranny gas tank radiator and a million wires. Then swap in the 100pound motor res pump cooler etc. I could drop like 500 pounds. A 1000 pound wheeler would be awesome I could weight the wheels then. Also could be a single center seat buggy. Also a stock 1.3L engine it has now is 63hp and 72lbs of torque. The hydro motor says it has 100lbs of torque. That is constant torque right off idle I would have that unlike now when peak is like 6300 rpm.

Last edited by Cole82; 10-25-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

I thought you sold your Sami? You still have it then rip those axles out of that frame and start burning that tubing. I have a '00 Honda 450S on 27" Vampires and Works coils. I really don't want to sell it, it's just broke down right now. I stripped my rear shaft splines and only have front wheel drive now. I need to find a bent crashed wheeler that has a good rear axle to swap in. If I fixed it with new parts I'd have well over a grand in parts.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
I thought you sold your Sami? You still have it then rip those axles out of that frame and start burning that tubing. I have a '00 Honda 450S on 27" Vampires and Works coils. I really don't want to sell it, it's just broke down right now. I stripped my rear shaft splines and only have front wheel drive now. I need to find a bent crashed wheeler that has a good rear axle to swap in. If I fixed it with new parts I'd have well over a grand in parts.
That bastard never showed up to get the sami.Won't awnser emails or phone. Now it sits in the yard. I should it would be sweet. Sune line has a atv siting ontop o a box van. The front is smahed but the back half looks fine.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

It's a junk Polaris.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I found an ok spot by my house. The flood cleared the rip rap and dirt off a 20x20 area under the chain lakes brifge right outside of palo. Sorry no pics but I had fun by myself.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Off Blairs Ferry Rd, or down at the walking bridge south of town? I found a small spot off of Lewis Bottoms road on the north side of the Cedar Bridge going to Center Point. Let me no when you're in my neck of the woods next time.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

South side of town under the old walking bridge.
Yeah I will I am going through my crawler, so sometime this week after work?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Heck yah give me a ring.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

sammi for sale (not mine)
http://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/904725250.html
Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #112
Rock Stacker

I looked at this Sammi today. It needs alot of TLC . Interior is mostly gone except for seats , body is hacked up quite a bit but is rust free. He is way off on the price I think. I would give him maybe $900 for it but it is no way worth $1650. Thanks for the tip Cole.

>>>------->MaxxRunner
MaxxRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

I'll sell my sammi as is for $1000
Old 11-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #114

hi my names anthony im 22 in a boring relationship..no kids.

main hobby is toyotas got a 85 pickup rear spool, teraflex shackles moved the rear shocks in for more arch 33" cooper STTs, hooker header MSD igntion box and coil. very fun to drive and WAY capable with that spool.

other toy almost restored 85 Corolla GTS hatch (think drift car, but I dont) repainted myself lots of goodies...lots..

just bought a AX10 off ebay cause my older brother had one....so I had to have one plans for it Tamiya toyota cab with 3/16 (or smaller) steel exocage.

I live in evansdale right by waterloo on 7 acres, and we have enough room to play with pickup and so you can imagine what the R/C play ground is like

I can post pictures of my truck or car if anyones interested. its cool theres people close to me so when I scan the other posts I actually know what your talking about.

peace!!
TOYOTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTAS View Post
hi my names anthony im 22 in a boring relationship..no kids.

main hobby is toyotas got a 85 pickup rear spool, teraflex shackles moved the rear shocks in for more arch 33" cooper STTs, hooker header MSD igntion box and coil. very fun to drive and WAY capable with that spool.

other toy almost restored 85 Corolla GTS hatch (think drift car, but I dont) repainted myself lots of goodies...lots..

just bought a AX10 off ebay cause my older brother had one....so I had to have one plans for it Tamiya toyota cab with 3/16 (or smaller) steel exocage.

I live in evansdale right by waterloo on 7 acres, and we have enough room to play with pickup and so you can imagine what the R/C play ground is like

I can post pictures of my truck or car if anyones interested. its cool theres people close to me so when I scan the other posts I actually know what your talking about.

peace!!
Sweet man yeah pics are a plus.

Your yota sounds like fun I have had a few as well.
I'm selling the sami so I can get a less capable rig (jeep). That little buger goes anywhere. 31's spooled rear locked front 5.38 gears winch custom bumpers.

I am going to try at do a form of shot crete to make a back yard play ground for the crawlers. I have a texture gun with a 8mm opening. Going to try and shoot some morter mix cement through it.

Last edited by Cole82; 11-21-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #116

the bridge the hatch is parked is close to my property the woods and land you can see to the right side of the car is my play ground all under that bridge is R/C crawl heaven. I cant wait to get my AX10 hopefully itll be tomorrow!!!

the pix of my truck are on the old shock mounts and front shocks...it works a lil better now

my 85 hatch my 85 pickup and my pride and joy 81 sedan with JDM grill/headlights

Last edited by TOYOTAS; 11-21-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Looks sweet.
Hey that is Dan's place!
The hatch is mint.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #118

Default winter courses

this is my first course.

that got a little boring so i am pouring this one tomorrow.

colesdad45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:07 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to RCC TOYOTAS. Where are those rock piles, Waterloo? That second pic of yer truck is sweet, you're carrying 2 tires

Colesdad(but not 82's) Is that burlap and plaster? I had an idea of using shot crete, as Cole mentioned, after I went to the St Louis Zoo last summer. I saw them building mountains in, I think it was a monkey cage. It looked pretty easy with just a lumber skeleton and chicken wire for the crete to bond to. I have an industrial air compressor at work I could tow home and try some qwik crete with no aggregate or even mortar mix. Cole has the concrete experience so I let him try the texture hopper thing first. Guinea pig Cole, nice JEEP comment by the way
Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #120

thanks guys,

bart the rock piles my truck is on? thats an old quarry (sp) near knoxville Iowa probably one of the best places in IA to play with a big toy...or an RC