Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Iowa

Notices

Thread: December crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default December crawling

Hey, im letting anyone that is interested that im gonna be heading to Midamerica hobbies this sunday for sure to test out my new crawler. I picked up the Losi Nightcrawler today. Santa came eairly for me.
My first thoughts are verry positive. Didn't like the stock servo granted its a Jr racing but it was a little slow, replaced it with my hitec 645 and its much better. The lights stay on all the time unless you unplug them from the servo, gonna instal a little switch and that will make it much easier. And the worm gearing is swweeeeetttt. stops and hangs where my scorpion would have fell off. And i love the radio may be stock losi but its still 2.4. As for the scorpion shes off to callie first thing in the morning.
So anyone that is up for crawling this weekend lmk. I should have the lipo this week, Promo for nightcrawler you get a free lipo for buying the truck. Oh ya the lights are fn bright. Ill be there reguardless and have a spare hitec 645 servo for sale and a novak crawler esc you guys are first. make me offers if ya want either.
Bubba73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

As of right now I'm in. I'll try to get some others rounded up too.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

That sounds good to me, I stopped by sunday to get some nitro fuel and Kid Rock was there crawling, also if anyone decides to go crawling feel free to drop me a line if im not working id be happy to come by and crawl.
Were in the process of buying a house if we get it the yard is massive and i will be adding a rock garden and it will be open to all to crawl. Do something fun for admit to crawl like bring a rock crawl all day.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I would love to come over and check out the crawling at MidAmerica sometime. It's about a 150 miles over there for me, but Sunday won't work cuz my 1:1 Crawler club is having it's monthly meeting that day.

And I broke the mouting tabs off my steering servo on the LCC this weekend.....hope to have parts soon but they are 3 - 5 days out.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba73 View Post
That sounds good to me, I stopped by sunday to get some nitro fuel and Kid Rock was there crawling
Kid Rock (Mike, Jeff can't remember) is from Grinnelle. He runs this time of year. I may have one of my rug rats with me for this gtg. Haven't found anyone that is available yet to come.

Mad Dawg, what servo you run?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Well ill have the wife and kid there and neither of them like to crawl so they'll want to leave 20 min after we get there. So ill have them go to the mall. But ill be there sunday morning.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
Mad Dawg, what servo you run?
I am currently running an ACE RC DS1313 servo. I ordered a new upper case for it, so it will be back up and running as soon as it arrives.

It does the job but I think it's getting kinda tired......currently shopping around for a higher torque metal geared digital servo.

Last edited by Mad Dawg; 12-02-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

No kids, so I'll be there at noon with bells on.

I love my TG7955's. I've been running mine in my Slash with no saver for months and zero problems.

Last edited by Bart bender; 12-03-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Well its sounding as if I'm gonna be playing corn **** on sunday. There gonna pimp us out to a worried farmer cause of the upcomming snow. So I might not be able to go crawling, real bitch is that I'm gonna be right across from the old place in Quail Creek golf course. Ill now more later but if I can make it by noon I'm willing to back the semi right in there at hobby shop to go crawl.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

That's fine cause as of right now I won't be there either. Sorry to those that are coming and not posting.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Ill be there @ noon when they open if anyone still wants to come. See ya there. ?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Default Back from Hiatus

I finally dug into my R/C boxes this month...got a working scorpion, clod, wheely king. It's nice to be rolling again...
scaryfast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #13

Hi all,
New to the forum but wanted to check it out. My son and I got a kick out of watching you run your LNC on saturday Bubba. Thanks for letting us check it out.
DanBerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Oh no problem, swing by this sunday, sounds like were gonna have a nice bunch of trucks there.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #15

Sounds great I hope to make it. I,m thinking of getting into crawling with my son and it would be good to see some more of it before making a purchase.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Well theres gonna be a great varity, My Losi nc, a Losi comp crawler, axial scorpion, venom, bergs. I think if ya come out youll have a great time and have a good look at some of the crawlers out there, and nice thing you can look at the trucks and ask questions, what ever. Hope ya can come out. If ya keep an eye on the other thead indoor crawling ya can see whos all comming out.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #17

What time are you getting started on Sunday.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Were gonna be there at noon-5. And I'm betting most of the group will be there at noon or even before doors open waiting to get in.