RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Iowa (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/iowa/)
-   -   Northwest Iowa (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/iowa/335687-northwest-iowa.html)

axeblade 09-07-2011 02:25 AM

Northwest Iowa

Let's hear from all the crawlers from NW IA. Show some rigs, and some locations!

Bart bender 09-12-2011 05:45 PM

These guys mainly crawl with the Omaha guys/gals in the NSCA. Great group of folks"thumbsup"

Psychomonkey RC 09-12-2011 07:13 PM

Hello,
I'm Psychomonkey RC from Sioux City. There are a few of us around here. Bart is right, most of the crawling we do is in Omaha, NE. Check the Ne thread. We are inbetween summer and winter seasons for crawling right now.
The best place close to us is Sioux Falls, SD. Check out the pictures from our comp there this summer. Pics here http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/y...CA%20Comp%206/
Hope to meet up with you.
Chad

axeblade 09-12-2011 11:51 PM

Yeah from what I've seen Omaha is were most of the action is. They mostly run 10th scale there. Im kinda a super junky but I can see from a " having room" stand point 10th is the way to go. Now when you talk about sioux falls do you mean the fall or hobby town?

axeblade 09-12-2011 11:53 PM

By the way bart well done on the iarocks forum!!!

Bart bender 09-13-2011 05:32 AM

I'm not the boss just the pimp. Mad Dawg is the boss. Thanks anyway"thumbsup"

Psychomonkey RC 09-13-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axeblade (Post 3276363)
Yeah from what I've seen Omaha is were most of the action is. They mostly run 10th scale there. Im kinda a super junky but I can see from a " having room" stand point 10th is the way to go. Now when you talk about sioux falls do you mean the fall or hobby town?

The Falls themselves. Great place to run anything, even supers. "thumbsup"

WarMachine 09-14-2011 05:31 AM

Sorry everyone, work has kept me pretty booked for the last good 'while.

Super?

Did someone say SUPER?

:mrgreen:

The falls in SF are very super friendly, but definitely a good time for any class.

The rock park I have here in Le Mars is fun, but not challenging for super class.

axeblade 09-14-2011 05:37 PM

super

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarMachine (Post 3278258)
Sorry everyone, work has kept me pretty booked for the last good 'while.

Super?

Did someone say SUPER?

:mrgreen:

The falls in SF are very super friendly, but definitely a good time for any class.

The rock park I have here in Le Mars is fun, but not challenging for super class.

Our group crawls at the park by kluchom school.... is that the park you go... and yeas supers are SUPERior"thumbsup" what kind of rig you run?

axeblade 09-14-2011 05:40 PM

falls

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychomonkey RC (Post 3276521)
The Falls themselves. Great place to run anything, even supers. "thumbsup"

Hell yeah I haven't crawled the falls but it definitely on my locations to hit. We should make a day of it when I get my superjuice rockin....

Bart bender 09-14-2011 07:40 PM

There are plans in the near future to assemble a RoxBox type facility near Webster City. IaROCK has acquired a 20x30 building. So that will be an option soon.

WarMachine 09-15-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axeblade (Post 3279161)
Our group crawls at the park by kluchom school.... is that the park you go... and yeas supers are SUPERior"thumbsup" what kind of rig you run?

That's the one! "thumbsup"

Sioux City guys have a nice spot....Supers work there, but much more fun in 2.2.

A couple of Clod axled NN supers, a RockForce axled Hustler shafty super, 2.2 MOA LCC, ya never know what I throw together...LOL

Hit me up next time your going to be bashin' in LeMars, I'll try and swing by. Just started toying with a 2wd brushless slash on 3s....good times!

axeblade 12-01-2011 12:29 AM

indoor

So me and some guys were thinking about and indoor course.......for supers. I know they require ALOT of room but as for as other obstacles is what im trying to brainstorm. Any ideas

Bart bender 12-01-2011 06:53 AM

Logs and sticks are lighter than rocks to carry. You can nail them together or just stack em. A home made modular course is fairly easy to build and in-expensive. Good excuse to get some beverages and buddies together to slop some mud around:wink: Maybe some bridges out of small cable and eye bolts. Trimmed to shape boat dock foam blocks. Coat it in something fairly durable. Stucco works from what I've read. Sky's the limit really. Weight is the biggest obstacle. cause you'll probably have to move it around. Whether it be to rearrange or clean out the space for something the wife wants instead:roll:

axeblade 12-01-2011 10:52 PM

indoor

Good ideas... I thought at one time you were talking about an indoor course around here .. Box of Rocks? How's that project going?

Bart bender 12-02-2011 08:27 AM

Mad Dawg found a space to build. It's three hours away from me and I don't think much has happened. If there is a build day and I get all my list done around here we'll get started. I have my modular course that will some day get mobilized:roll:

MottZilla 03-01-2012 05:58 PM

Re: Northwest Iowa

Which direction from the school is this rock garden? I'm in Le Mars and am getting an scx10 tomorrow and just was curious where it was at.

DeweyCJ5 03-03-2012 02:34 AM

just getting my scx10 jeep up and running hope to meet up with ya sometime "thumbsup"

WarMachine 03-05-2012 06:06 AM

The rock park is on the next block south of the elementary school, and two blocks east. Hit either myself or one of the other local guys up and we can point ya right to it. "thumbsup"

axeblade 03-05-2012 09:02 AM

Warmachines got it ... should be getting time soon to rip some rocks. Get ahold of me when your ready to rock..