RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Iowa (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/iowa/)
-   -   New crawler from Cedar Rapids (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/iowa/478926-new-crawler-cedar-rapids.html)

warpig602 01-18-2014 05:49 AM

New crawler from Cedar Rapids

Figured I might as well introduce myself to the natives. Just got into hobby RC and came across this site while researching what kinds of rigs I wanted to run. After selling off all but one of my 1:1 Jeeps before moving here from AZ I naturally took to the scale RC's.

I told my wife the SCX10 Rubicon I have coming was for my 5 year old son and thankfully shes used to seeing RC trucks in the 40-50 dollar range and simply "thats nice ,dear" I took that as approval to delve into the hobby :ror: and figured......2 is better than one and ordered up am SCX10 Dingo that will be turned into a Cherokee. Both should be here next week.

I think my wife was secretly relieved when we sold the 1:1 Jeeps and moved as she wouldnt have to see the credit card statements with all the lift kits,tires. lights and etc ........boy is she in for a surprise "thumbsup"

Anyhow, if anyone here is close, drop me a line, always good to have local resources, especially since I know jacksh*t about most of this stuff :mrgreen:

Bart bender 02-01-2014 02:51 PM

Re: New crawler from Cedar Rapids

Well you in luck. There is a hand full of us that you can crawl with very close to you. I personally have a modular crawling course, race track, and group of goofballs that get together on a regular basis. This year is going to be like no other for us as we are building scale rigs for trail runs, tough truck, pulling, G6, Ultra 4.....

Sorry to hear about your Jeep sales. I can't imagine not having my CJ5.

warpig602 02-06-2014 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart bender (Post 4654130)
Well you in luck. There is a hand full of us that you can crawl with very close to you. I personally have a modular crawling course, race track, and group of goofballs that get together on a regular basis. This year is going to be like no other for us as we are building scale rigs for trail runs, tough truck, pulling, G6, Ultra 4.....

Sorry to hear about your Jeep sales. I can't imagine not having my CJ5.

Thanks for chiming in, actually saw your website yesterday while cruising the internet. I tried to see where you were located but wasnt able to find it?

Bart bender 02-06-2014 10:39 AM

Just north of CR south of Center Pointfoff N Center Point Rd.

warpig602 02-06-2014 10:55 AM

Thats not too far at all, I work off of Center Point and Boyson. I may have to get out there soon.

Bart bender 02-06-2014 12:15 PM

Sure come check it out. It's all friggin white right now but:roll:

warpig602 02-06-2014 03:47 PM

Will do. I dont mind the snow, my son has been dragging me outside the last week everyday to plow through it. Luckily I had an extra set 2.2s to put ont he Dingo. My sons Rubicon takes a little bit more delicate touch to make it through thte soft stuff.

MaxxRunner 02-07-2014 07:53 PM

this is one of the goofballs chiming in:lmao:....X2 on the shack and events for this year can't wait for better weather!

tlakose11 03-19-2014 10:07 PM

This is another goofball haha, I'm located in Cedar Rapids on the NW side. I got 2 scalers right now a 1/8 ebuggy and a sct. Starting to get nice out we did a run last weekend at Morgan creek state park and at Elia park. Any time you wanna go your more than welcome. Join Bartshobbyshack.com that's where we all get together.

tlakose11 03-20-2014 07:33 PM

Shot from last weekendhttp://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/...ds/image-9.jpg

oatmeal 04-28-2014 07:25 PM

Hi guys!
I'm also from Cedar Rapids. I'm on the northeast side. Really hope everyone here in CR can get together soon!

Tinrabbit 04-29-2014 07:59 PM

Hiya Oatmeal hmmmmm were ya smelling the Quaker Oats plant at the time you posted??!! :razz:

Turtlejon 05-16-2014 08:43 AM

I'm going to be visiting Cedar Rapids for the month of June, I'll totally bring my crawlers!! Any good natural spots around that town?

Bart bender 05-16-2014 07:46 PM

The fossil gorge at the Coralville Dam spillway is some of the finest crawling in the Midwest.

I am hosting a fun day at my place we refer to as Wiener Fest. It's June 14th. Check my site or FB page for more details.

Turtlejon 05-21-2014 04:05 PM

Thanks Bart! I have heard that you were "the guy" in that area, I'll try to meek it out there, thanks!