Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Mkrcrc????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Lightbulb Mkrcrc????

I am not sure how to start this, but I think I might end up being kinda cool in the end.
Everyone else has a name, right? KCRCRC, OKRCRC, and now MKRCRC, maybe. Mid-Kansas Remote Control Rock Crawlers??? I just thought it might be an idea. Bill had said something about if we were to go to Disney we could represent Mid-Kansas. Well, why not have a name to go with us?
Let em know if you might have any other suggestions, or if you like this idea. Let's see how many people we can get together to go to the OK Comp.

Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

MKRCRC... Has a cool ring to it! Maybe if there's enough interest we could have some comps next season and, who knows, maybe send some folks to Nationals next year!
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
MODERHATER™

Colorado has one club for it's state.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm glad to hear CO have a club for their state. I'm talking about Mid-Kansas having a club since KC,MO has a club. No one from our area is able to drive to KC to be a part of their activities. So I feel we should form our own club for this area. Just didn't know what to call it.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

We could call it KSRCRC or CKRCRC (for Central Kansas), but these are too close to other club's names, causing confusion for some. My vote is still for MKRCRC.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well, that's 2.

Where did everyone else go?

Seems like it's just you and me, Billy.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

ooo, ooo, ooo, pick me, pick me:-P
Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
RCC Addict

yes, that sounds like a GREAT idea! My vote is with MKRCRC... all the others just don't have that "ring" to em... but yea, I might possibly be able to go to Disney soon... just as long as I don't spend ALL of my check on my crawler...

Seriously though, we need to get this goin!

(I might know where we can get a small amount of cheap stickers made too... )

and shirts! they're fairly cheap...

lemme know any way I can help... I'd be more than happy to contribute in any way I can...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Greg, shirts and stickers would be awesome! Would be way cool to have shirts/stickers in time for the Disney trip. Are you guys in favor of any particular font? What about logo art? I'm sure Trish has some ideas!

I sent out an email to all of the locals I could find regarding the formation of a club, and asked that they post up here with ideas. I look forward to making this work!
Old 08-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
RCC Addict

heck yea, It would be awesome to have shirts for Disney... when is that???

Logos... we've gotta have a logo!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

hey Y'all,
I've got a friend who went to school for graphic art. I'll talk to him and see what he can come up with.
As far as the OK comp, 10 - 12 of OCt is what I hear as far as the OKRCRC site. I've kida been keeping tabs on them to see what they're coming up with.
Let me get with my buddy and see what we can come up with. Shot me some ideas to go off of for a logo though so I know where to start.
Let me know.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

OK, I sent my buddy an email letting him know what I'm looking for.

Now all I need from you guys is some ideas for a font to use. I like Abaddon. It's kind of a sinister type font without going to over board.

As far as logos go, I'm open to ideas, but keep in mind it should probably be something easy to reproduce in a shirt or decal. I mean I like the truck idea from this site, but IDK what else there is to do without stepping on someones toes. Give me a holler or PM me with your ideas and I will get them to the "designer" so he's got something to work with. As soon as I have something I will post it or at least put it on my site for people to look at and we can go from there.

Thanks guys, we can make this happen.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Sweet, I've been thinkin about what'd be easy (and somewhat cheap) to have done up on shirts and stickers... I think we should limit ourselves to 2 or 3 (at the most) colors...

I was thinkin of using an outline of kansas is the back, with MKRCRC printed in a sweet font, and maybe incorporate an outline/ silhouette of a crawler or a 1.1 rig? not sure, there's so many ways we could go with this...
Old 08-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I've been messing around with Paint, and Google Images and have come up with a ROUGH idea of what I was attempting to describe earlier...

I'm sure someone has the programs and brains to come up with something a bit more involved, but I'm just tryin to get the ball rollin...

I thought about doing the same thing, but replacing the kansas outline with a sunflower outline... but I thought it'd be a bit "off"...

I'll continue to rack my brain, but I'd love to see what else people can come up with...
Old 08-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I just left mu buddies house and he know what he needs to do with the project. With this being Sunday and it's his family day then I don't expect to see anything for awhile, a few days anyhow.

Just thought I would keep everyone in the loop.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Default Windshield Banners!!!

Bowtie is making us up some windshield banners for our trucks to represent the new club. Here's a rendering of what they're gonna look like...

Let me know whatcha think!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

What part of Central KS are we talking? I'm in the Manhattan area, but am willing to travel from time to time. Sounds like you guys are a little far out there for me, but if there is a GTG or something, I may come out. I just got used to driving my AX10 and am almosr ready to show off my awesome lack of skills. Keep me posted, so to speak, and let me know.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Hey FireWire! We're scattered all over Kansas, from Topeka all the way down to Wichita. We're thinking of getting together towards the end of September, might meet over at budleyh's place to help him arrange 20 tons of rock into a crawling course!

Billy
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like fun. I just got back from the ORV park near Manhattan, and it was awesome. Would be even better if I had a 1:1 vs driving out there in a mustang. Not really the best trail rated car in the world, but there is tons of potential trail there if I could get to all it. I did find a real nice spot right near the parking lot that was a ton of fun. I'll maybe get some pics tomorrow, if I can get my rig up and running, lost a few nuts and it came apart.

Oh, but anyways, the end of September looks good to me so far.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I'd be hella down for a few of those windshield banners! They look real good, and would look awesome on my new body, and my brother's rig (almost done), and I know Aaron would want at least one...