Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: I found another group of Kansan's out there....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default I found another group of Kansan's out there....

I ran across this site in another forum I go to......

wichitarccrawlers.com

I thought I would check it out. They don't look like they would be a bad group of people to get to know. You guys should go check out their site and maybe we can get in on their fun. They're going to try to have a comp every month.
I just thought some of you might be interested so we could have more people to play with.
Let me know what you guys think.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #2

I checked out the wichita rc crawlers site LOOKS GREAT sounds like we might get somthing rocking in kansas:-P I love crawling!! I think it will be realy cool to get in to a club and hang out with people who injoy the hobby as much as i do
bigdaddycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #3
RCC Addict

hmm... looks like a nice group of guys!

we've got have a BIG event sometime this summer... (comp, BBQ, etc...)

I thought about crawling this weekend, but I think it'll be too cold...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Signing up now...

This 'crawling fad' might just be catching on around here!
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys. I'm from Hutchinson, Ks. The local hobby shop here is slowly working towards building an indoor crawler setup. The shop owner (Steve) and I have no idea what would be needed for these crawlers though. I just found this website as well as the Wichita crawler site in the last two weeks.

Anyways, give the hobby shop a call, or come by HP Hobbies if you're in Hutch and ask for Steve, Kevin, or Chris if I'm there. http://www.hphobbies.com/ 620-665-6633. We're there every Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Also every other Sunday for indoor dirt oval racing, electric and nitro.

Later guys
chris
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Chris,
This is good news! I'm up in Mac, and have tried on several occasions to catch the hobby store open on weekends, with no luck. What are their hours?

Regarding an indoor crawling course, check out pics in these threads for ideas...
New Indoor Rock Crawling Course in El Paso Texas
Tuesday Night, Indoor Crawling at Cowboys
FVRCRC Indoor Crawling
Indoor Crawling Spot in Salem, VA
Indoor Rock Garden
Indoor course ... How to:

There's tons more examples here in the forum, just search 'indoor course'.

Keep in touch, maybe we can pick a time to meet and help out!
Billy
Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I think it would be way cool to have an indoor set up close to home so we could go play when the weather is bad.
I also don't think it would be needed to drag in a small quarry either, just use your imagination, that's what it's there for. I've seen pics of people crawling over all sorts of stuff on here for their pics.
I'm with Billy, if you guys want to set up a time I would be more than happy to come down and talk with you guys, too. Just let me know, I'll steal the girl friends car and come down.

Hope to see everyone sometime soon.

Shawn
Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Heeeey!

I've heard of the shop in Hutch... but I never got any further than the website

An indoor course would be awesome! especially close...

I too would be willing to come down to hutch (weekends work better), hang out, help share ideas, build, and test a course... basically if it pertains to a crawler, Im in!

At one point, I was going to trade some things and get a Losi XXX buggy... and race a bit, which is why I found hphobbies in the first place... needless to say that never happened...
Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Nice to meet you guys. Sorry bout the website. It's only updated once a year for the big electric off-road race the Fall classic. But I hope to get Steve (owner) to change the way it's used. Right now we use a yahoo groups for most communication. I'll post a link tomorrow. I'm at work right now and Yahoo Groups is blocked.

Billy thanx for the links. I had talked to Steve about setups like that a long, long time ago but I forgot till I checked out those links. There is some awesome setups for sure. Intresting people too, by the looks of it. LOL.

Anyways, right now Steve is getting in and selling the Mini Crawler about one per week. He actually has one opened up sitting on the rocks for anyone to use. And I tell ya, it has opened peoples eyes to crawling tremendously. It's sooo hard to put the controller down, or share.

HP Hobbies is open on Thursdays at 5:30 to 8:30 for order pickups, practice, BS with the other guys. Fridays is currently off-road practice night and hanging out in general--5:30 to ???????. Saturdays the shop opens at Noon. Electric only on this day. Races start at 6 to when ever we get done. This might be the day to run the crawlers. After the racing, usually a large group of us go out to eat. Sometimes 15 of us and sometimes just 3-4. We just bs about stuff, but mostly rag on the guys who messed up big, or did something crazy. It's fun. Everyone is pretty good buddies there.

Tomorrow...eh, today I'll be up there from about noon to 2pm. I work at 3pm on this shift I'm working. I'll be talking with steve and let him know about you guys being interested. If you guys ever have time, or get bored, or have a vehicle full of gas and nothing to do come to HP sometime. Weekends is the time when most people are there.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
At one point, I was going to trade some things and get a Losi XXX buggy... and race a bit, which is why I found hphobbies in the first place... needless to say that never happened...

I totally hear you on this point. Sometimes I get to the point of NO-RC. Meaning with all the monthly bills, truck payment, insurance, rent, child-support, daycare, school fundraisers, clothes, blah blah blah blah I go broke. LOL. So I just go and go until the funds run out. Then hang back and wait for the stash to build a little. Go crazy for a few months, then hang back.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I hear ya there. I always hit a wall every few months. Along with monthly bills, child support, vehicle payments, insurance, rent school fundraisers, day care, clothes, blah blah blah I just go broke. I work and work to get a stash built up, but then go crazy for a few months. Buying rc cars, and racing, and hop ups. Then BAM, I"m broke again. Well not totally broke, just to the point where all I can afford is non-RC related. LOL. I'm sure some of you understand what I mean.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Heeeey!

I've heard of the shop in Hutch... but I never got any further than the website

An indoor course would be awesome! especially close...

I too would be willing to come down to hutch (weekends work better), hang out, help share ideas, build, and test a course... basically if it pertains to a crawler, Im in!

Agreed. I usually get hit with the Rc block. With rent, insurance, health insurance, child support, vehicle payments, clothes, monthly bills blah blah blah blah I sometimes get caught and can't afford RC for a while. I usually just hang back and watch everyone race or work on something at home if I don't have my daughter at the time. There's many RC cars I'd like to buy right now. But probably won't fullfill the current wish list for a year or two. Oh well. It's a hobby.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

grob23 I know what you mean. I always reach a point overtime where I'm sort of broke. With rent, vehicle payments, child support, daycare, school fundraisers, monthly bills, blah blah blah blah I run out of money for RC sometimes. LOL. Oh well, it's a hobby.

Last edited by air8; 12-13-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Hey y'all,
Trish and I went down to Hutch tonight to check out Hi Performance Hobbies. They have a really great set up. On one end of their building they have a dirt oval, on the other end they have their off-road course and in the middle are their pitts and "store". They have a really good set up. They have just about every part a racer would need in their store area, from tires to a-arms to whatever.
I met up with Steve the owner and talked to him about building an indoor rock course. He was telling us that he was talking about getting a semi load of rocks to set up a course if people were actually going to be interested in showing up to play and have comps and such. He was asking me how many people there were in the area that would be interested in showing up and I told him about our MKRCRC guys and maybe the Wichita guys might come if they knew about it.
So if anybody is interested in having a place to go to play to get out of the weather this might very well be the up and coming place to go. Steve also said that we were more than welcome to come help set things up when the time comes. I figure this way everyone can have some input as to how to put things together.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #15
RCC Addict

awesome... I've actually seen pics of their tracks before on their website...

Yessir, keep us informed, I'd definantly come help set things up
Old 12-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

What thu heck?!? All those posts never showed up so I kept trying to reword them. And then they all show up. Hmmmmmm.... Weird. Oh well.

I hope to see you guys in Hutch sometime. Sorry I missed you Hotrod. I didn't think much was gonna go on at the track and I was prepping my dirt oval cars that day. Plus starting my X-mas shopping too. I found out Saturday that I should have spent time on the off-road vehicles. Saturday started out bad for me but ended up SWEET once I sorted out the electronics. Might be time for one or two new ESC's.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Hey Chris,
No big deal about missing us, we weren't there very long anyhow, half hour 45 min tops. I took my 2.2 rig so Steve could check it out. He really liked it, I think? LOL. Anyhow I think we'll prolly be making another trip down after the 1st maybe. Kinda let things get settled in after the holidays. Hopefully will have more put together on my rig by then so I can run it, didn't have most of my electronics in when I had it down there Fri.
Hope to see you around sometime after the 1st. maybe I'll come on a Sat this time instead of Fri night.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #18
RCC Addict

hey, lemme know when you go down there... I might drive up and hang for a bit, and I'll bring my rig...

I need to stop by the motorbike shop anyways, so I could just make a day out of it...
Old 12-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Hey Greg,
Just shoot me your number in a pm or something and I'll give you a holler and see what's going on when I get ready to go back. Maybe even go to Topeka or something and hang out at Brad's for a while again.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Add me to the list of folks to call when you're ready to head to Hutch or Topeka. Life is settling down a little, and I'm having crawling withdrawls! Picked up some HR MOAs that should fit nicely under the Kamikaze chassis I won at Crawlapalooza. Time to get to building...