Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Topeka- Sat. crawl anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Topeka- Sat. crawl anyone?

Anyone up for a Saturday crawl? Could either hit the lake dam, or the river access area..

I was thinking sometime mid-early afternoonish?

~Kev
Darksiede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I woulda been down but worked all day :(
nosfanatic2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I went out and crawled between rain waves.. Not much though, definitely not what I was hoping for.

I got better crawling in today between the football games, but we need to hammer down a date & place and have a first annual fall g2g in Topeka..

~Kev
Old 09-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Agreed. I move on October 15 (staying in Topeka ), and I'm busy the weekend of the 8th as well, so possibly this coming weekend sometime?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'm likely going to be working Sat. morning.. However I'd definitely be up for some afternoon crawling.. We just gotta pick a place lol..

What side of town ya moving to? I hate moving lol.. my next move is my last when I buy instead of rent..

~Kev
Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default topeka crawling

i'm ALL FOR it. i have a l;il stack out back where i "proof" my chassis. hell give me a shout. 785-215-5005

Brad
budleyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Nice bud.. I just have a pile of junk.. literally lol.. Old sink, 3 tires, some aluminum scrap, and a childs toy slide.. Works great though, and I can configure it different ways pretty fast. Still looking for a good spot to gather up a decent load of rock and have a proper pile.

I did get my CC BEC today, and got it installed a bit ago. Took it out in the junkpile and ran it a good 10 minutes.. First time I've been able to go more then 3 minutes since I weighted the front tires, so it was nice to have it back in action.

I'm still on for Sat. and I don't think I'll have to work, so anytime would work for me.. Whatever and wherever works best for you guys!

~Kev
Old 09-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I'm kinda thinking public access on the Kansas River? How bout everyone else? I just gotta swap my reciever from my truck to my crawler.

My crawler won't be quite up to par; it "clicks" on steep inclines still and I haven't done any work to figure that out :P

I'm moving over Urish way. I'm stilling living with mom (cheaper and basically still have all the freedom I would have on my own, so why not?) and I'm not sure I ever will own. I have too many desires and dreams to stay in one place long enough
Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

The PRA sounds good to me, can't get any closer to my house!

Last time I was there I started stacking rocks after my esc started cutting out from being overwhelmed on the steering. It's not a huge place like the lake dam, but I think it's a nice place. I haven't even touched the big slabs area, because my crawlers just a baby 1/18th and that stuff looks to big for it. It definitely has some nice lines, and I have only really crawled 1 side of 1 ramp the 6 times I've been there. There are 3 more sides, and a large area between them + the shore line area.

As far as living with mom, man, ride that for all its worth! I'm 32, with 2 kids and a crappy job thanks to the economy now. My hobby budget comes dead last, and is mostly from side jobs & hauling scrap metal. When you can live cheap, it gives you a lot more budget leeway for things like crawlers and other manly toys .

~Kev
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksiede View Post
When you can live cheap, it gives you a lot more budget leeway for things like crawlers and other manly toys .

~Kev
Sometimes a little too much leeway lol. I've dropped waaaay too much money into my SCT and definitely my crawler haha. I could have both my vehicles running :P
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

heres what i am starting with YES its a Super Class pretty much all stock but the krenshaw motors and a S2 6000 lipo
budleyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

nice man! I'm still beatin on the MRC, and hunting for a decent scaler that fits my budget.. I've ran into tons of trail run spots a scaler would rock at..

~Kev
Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Nice crawler! And thanks to Expert Offroad for more or less rebuilding my rear axle on my '88 4Runner