Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: I think wichita needs a new crawling club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default I think wichita needs a new crawling club

wichitarccrawlers.com hasnt been updated for a while now .. if some one is going to run a club maybe they should update the site more often and have more comps and fun crawls and maybe people would join it.. just my two cents....
stubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I agree: Club owners should update their website/forum, or post here on RCC to keep everyone informed/excited/whatever...

I've notice that Kansas in general really isn't the best place for crawling... the lack of interest, and lack of terrain/spots make it hard...

Maybe everone in KANSAS should get a club rollin? Like a legit formal, paperwork, dues, shirts, team, traveling CLUB! more than a name...

I guess the next best thing would be to join the KCRCRC guys... in KC Mo.
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If you you guys start having comps I will try to attend, but I really enjoy the KCRC group. If you get the chance to make a KCRC event do it we have a great time
scaryclownguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
20K Club

You guys should definitely make the trip over. We have a great group of consistent competitors. Never less than 15 at a comp and we would love to have more

We have a comp coming up in two weeks, although maybe not one of our best spots I am sure it will still be fun.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Well... If KC wasn't such a drive for me, I would love to come crawl...
Old 06-09-2009, 04:33 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

i say just make it know to wichitacrawler that something needs to be done. for some reasong rc rock crawling is taking it's sweet time catching on this far south in ks. i'm 30mi south of wichita in wellington and to my knowledge i'm the only one here that crawles... i live in a town of bashers! would love to see something happen close by. thanks peace
drewmaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I sure do wish SOMETHING would happen around here...

If I had the support (both mental AND physical), I'd have no problem setting up and keeping up a website and starting a "new" club. It would be pretty much impossible for me to do it alone, but I'd help
Old 06-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
20K Club

I wouldn't worry about a site guys. Just use RCC as you base until you have a good core group of guys. If you need a website in the future than start one.

I hope you guys get something going, if you had some decent sized local events I am sure some KC guys would come join you once a year (or more) like we do over at Columbia.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=Harley0706;1837704]If you need a website in the future than start one.QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I believe will stir up some activity in the area... People from central Kansas come to RCC, and see that there are other Kansans on the forum, but don't really see a club, organization, product, etc. dedicated to Kansas. I believe it really bums some people out...

I guess, as opposed to starting a "club", an "organization" (not exactly... but I'm drawing a blank) is more what we need. Basically a "zine" if you will. Just to show what happens in CENTRAL Kansas, give insight to spots, maybe throw in some local rigs, etc.

It seems as though everywhere else has a "club", but as opposed to trying to create a new "club", a simple website that covers Kansas (and some CLOSE spots out of state) would be more within reach.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, maybe I'm dreaming, or maybe, I'm on to something... (yeah right...)
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I, too, think Kansas needs a substancial club or sorts. A group of guys that wants to make something of themselves in the crawling hobby besides the few of us who hang out together. I know 3 other guys besides myself who are into the hobby. I've gone to comps with 2 of them and the 3rd helps me with some of my building problems.
I think it would be nice to have a "club" going fairly strong for us. All Kansan's would be able to be a part of it, not just us Mid-Kansan's. This way we could all go to the surrounding states and join in on the neighboring clubs events more easily. It would be more cost effective that way.
As it is, I am in the middle of the 3 other guys and everyones schedules are so differant it's hard to have any get togethers.
If there's ANYONE out there besides my 3 friends, PLEASE, let us know if you're interested in getting together no matter how far a person would have to drive. I'm sure we could car pool or something from a certain point, who knows.
Just my $0.02.
Love you guys, you know who you are.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #11

Default central kansas crawling

well guys im new to rc's. so much im still looking to buy one. just waiting till i find one that fits me. but i do live in salina and im interested in helping anyone close to my area thats wanting to open something up. would like to see something that not only dose crawling but also monster trucks with jumping and stuff and also some blacktop and sand. pretty sure it would have a better turn out if you did something for everyone instead of just one or another. and if anyone has and tips on what i should get im open. so far im leaning towards HPI's set up. but not 100% sure yet more like 98.
camaroman67401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I totaly agree
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Well what IS there to do in Wichita? Seriously?

I've been here for 10 years and where does one go to crawl? I crawl in my backyard on a small homemade course from pulling out 2 tons of rocks from my flowerbeds. It works and I have fun, but I cant think of anywhere I would actually DRIVE to go crawl.

Same goes for my other RC stuff, I've got a Losi Drift R and a Tamiaya M05 Pro, but there's nowhere to go race them, not even a parking lot with smooth enough pavement to have a good time.

My Smaxx and Slayer are fun, but I have to drive across town and fight the kids at the BMX track for runtime since the RC racetrack is either locked or packed full of people who dont even TRY to drive the track.

I'm getting kinda frustrated with the lack of RC play area's in Wichita. We Need SOMETHING to do in between 45 mph wind days and the other days it rains.
79cutlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #14

79cutlas know its a long shot but give me a call! THis old Neon Justin. I am into Short COurse racing and Crawling! Maybe we could organize something to get more people envolved. My parents have 13 acres that i may be able to talk into letting us have a corner to build a course for crawling and the racetrack is bringing in alot of new stuff this up coming year
YaItsGotAHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I'm still "active" with crawlers.

I'm down to a scaler, but I'm still more than willing to go crawl, or set up a run, or judge a comp, or ANYTHING...

I'm in McPherson, but once I get a car, driving to Wichita will be no sweat...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #16

well i am looking to build my mrc into a scaler. So it will be fun let me know when you get a car so we can crawl!
YaItsGotAHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #17
RCC Addict

I'm about ready to begin my search, so hopefully I'll be ready to go about the time it starts warming up
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Default Im game

Someone on here talked about oak park in wichita,checked it out and it was pretty cool. I have sold off most of my stuff but still have a scale rig looking for places to go. I really didnt think about the lack of rocks around here until after I was into crawling!
nuckle is offline   Reply With Quote