Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Kansas Crawl?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Do you need directions on how to get there? Just let me know.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #22
I joined the Band!

Hey guys. I am new here, but not new to RC. I am thinking about getting into RC Crawling (I am soo tired of 1/8th scale nitro...).

I live down in Moundridge (about 45 minutes south of CH).

Would you guys mind if I showed up and just checked out the kits and what you guys are doing?
Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

No problem Toejam,
The more the merrier. I'm sure we all may have answers to your questions in one way or another anyhow.
If you have any questions before then feel free to ask.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #24
I joined the Band!

Thanks!

I am seriously looking at the AX10 ARTR. I sold just about all of my RC stuff last winter, but still have my nomadio sensor and tools.

I am still looking (ie READING UP) on whether to go brushless or brushed, lipo or NiMh, etc. It looks like due to budget concerns, I may just start with a decent brushed setup and split NiMh packs. Who knows

I hope to see some cool stuff this weekend
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to RCC Toejam! I live just north of Moundridge, about 7 miles. Hopefully we'll see you out there this weekend! Let me know if you need a lift!
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Default I got balls!!!

Tennis balls, that is! Found a deal at Wally World, 3 for a buck, so I got enough for 15 gates. Thought that would get us started. Also wasn't sure how long we'd be out there, so I picked up stuff to make hotdogs for all of us and a small grill in case we get hungry. See you guys around 9, I'm looking forward to a good time!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I'm letting everyone know, I got bottled water and it's chilling as this is being typed. I also got TP, they do have "holes" to do y're business in but I doubt they have the paper to do the paper work with.
I'm also supposed to notify everyone there will be a "chick" there. The little woman wanted me to make sure everyone knew she was coming, too. I kinda got her talked into taking pics so we could post some to show the rest of the site if we felt it necessary.
I will see everyone in the morning.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #28
I joined the Band!

Hey guys! I had a great time. Now I REALLY have the bug. Thank you for all the hospitality and putting up with all my questions!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Hey Mike,
Anytime you and your girls want to come out and play or even just hang out, y're more than welcome.
Billy, Greg, & Aaron, I enjoyed meeting all of you. I hope our friendships grow. I'm really looking forward to the next outing.
I loved all of your rigs. Trish said all of the vids and the pics turned out sweet. We'll get things uploaded tonight so everyone can see them. OK, anyhow hope the rest of your weekend is good.

Shawn
Old 08-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Today was a blast! It was great meeting all of you guys (and gals!), and putting faces with names. We'll definitely have to do this more often! Can't wait to see the pics and vids! Trish, the video hosting site I was telling you about is www.hobbyzip.com, check it out! Thanks again guys, had a great time!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #31
RCC Addict

I knew there was more to crawlin than just sittin at a bench and building! I think I had more fun just sittin around talkin that I did runnin my truck

I definantly think this shouldn't be the last outing like this... we've gotta keep this up!

It was cool to actually meet people and see some different rigs... and the sunburn was a great prize!

all in all... it sure beat what I would've been doing had I not gone...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Default Aaron's video of Coronado Heights

Can be found at http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/398/a...o-heights.html

Last edited by Hotrodblder; 08-03-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Video didn't work
Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Default The rest of the video's

Sorry we were hoping to embed each video separately but it would not work so here's the links to the rest of the videos from the Coronado Crawl.
The rest of the pictures are on the web site under Crawling Coronado
http://members.cox.net/ksrockcrawler/

Greg Showing how it's done! http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/399/g...o-heights.html

The advantages of a Bug Body
http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/400/jitterbug.html

Shawn on the Rocks
http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/401/s...o-heights.html

Bill's Mission
http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/402/bills-mission.html

Hope these work for ya all!
Trish (swiping Shawn's account)

Old 08-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Trish for catching all of the action! Pics and vids turned out great, can't wait to do it again!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

John,
Are you in
Sioux City , IA? If so isn't that kind of a long drive for you. No offense, we would LOVE for you to come hang out sometime, but we don't want to put you out with gas being so high and all.
Let me know more. PM me or something. Even send me an email to hotrodblder@yahoo.com if you want.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Default another potential gtg site...

I've been in search of more local places to crawl, and found some sweet rocks out at Lake Marion. Close to restrooms, grassy area for ez-ups, and the water! Let me know whatcha think!
Name:  coronado heights 004.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  coronado heights 005.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  coronado heights 007.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  coronado heights 008.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  92.6 KB
Old 08-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Pretty sweet spot. If we can't have a blast there then we've got problems. When were you thinking of trying to gtg again?
The guy in IA, wanted someone to call him and see if he wanted to drive down and join in. I left the post that said the more the merrier basically.
Just let us know when you might want to gtg, when it's not raining constantly. LOL
Old 08-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Anybody alive out there? The only person I ever hear from is Billy. Is anyone else out there?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:54 AM   #39

well its sounds like im a little late for the meet i just bought a losi and cant seem to convince my friends to get one just looking for people in my area i live in wichita let me know on any future plans whose down for running in the snow?
rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #40
RCC Addict

HEY EVERYONE!

It seems as though I'm never online, and I must apologize: I haven't been lately...

My rig is sporrting a new motor, body, and tires since the last gtg... and I've about got a rig finished for my brother (parts are in the mail)

The spot at Marion looks awesome! The drive sucks but it wouldn't bother me too much as long as I got to crawl! The only bad part about this time of year is that it's getting cold and might start snowing...

I'm not really down with snow crawling... my stuff isn't waterproofed, and I really don't want to chance it... plus cleanup is a PITA!

We definantly need to gtg again sometime though... I've been researching and may have found a new place... but I've still gotta work out the details before I announce anything...

Billy: I still need a Window Banner or 3... lol

rockit: we'd love to have you crawl with us!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote