Central Kansas Krawlers
Central Kansas RC Scalers
Crawlers of Central Kansas

Sunday night i will post a poll.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Master Rocksmith...

Default Re: Club formation

I vote MKRCRC? its kinda long compared to the others, but i think the titles with "mini" in them sound gay... i definitely DO NOT refer to my rigs as "minis"... and im not too hip to being in a club of COCKS either
FlightInstrukta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #24
RCC Addict

c'mon, Team Cock has a nice..............ring....to...it.....
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #25

i live in Hutchinson ks and looking for guy to crawl with we have some good places to crawl but win you guys get a name picked out lat me know
venom safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightInstrukta View Post
I vote MKRCRC? its kinda long compared to the others, but i think the titles with "mini" in them sound gay... i definitely DO NOT refer to my rigs as "minis"... and im not too hip to being in a club of COCKS either
Much agreed, my truck is by no means mini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
c'mon, Team Cock has a nice..............ring....to...it.....
Cock Ring! haha, I get it
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #27

Starting to second guess my choice in Hobbies.
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #28

I'm more for scalers than crawlers......but that's just me. There will be the 1.9 Class that will be street vehicles, 2.2 class, and a open class to keep things simple. Anythings allowed in the open class, the 1.9 will be ladder frame, frame mounted transmission, front steering only etc, and wheels should only stick out half the total width of the tire, 2.2 I am thinking on what is allowed and what isn't, TVP style chassis will only be in the open class.
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSCX10 View Post
I'm more for scalers than crawlers......but that's just me. There will be the 1.9 Class that will be street vehicles, 2.2 class, and a open class to keep things simple. Anythings allowed in the open class, the 1.9 will be ladder frame, frame mounted transmission, front steering only etc, and wheels should only stick out half the total width of the tire, 2.2 I am thinking on what is allowed and what isn't, TVP style chassis will only be in the open class.
So i'm assuming the wraith will fall in the 2.2 class then?
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

What about Mid America Crawlers of Kansas (MACK)?
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBandito View Post
So i'm assuming the wraith will fall in the 2.2 class then?

unless your running 1.9s......
Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #32

For most regulations I have seen the wraith wouldn't be in the 1.9 class due to the tire coverage rule. Also depends on wheelbases and whatnot.
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #33
Master Rocksmith...

For anyone who's too lazy to go look...

SORRCA
Scale Off Road RC Association
2012 Official Scale Rock Crawling Competition Rules

Introduction:
This rulebook is intended to standardize scale off road RC competitions that are held at various locations throughout the world. The intention is for all clubs/events to use these rules as written; however, they may be modified on a local basis. Any and all changes made to these rules at a SORRCA sanctioned event must be covered in a preliminary drivers meeting and publicly posted before the event.

Class Descriptions:

Class-1 “Street"
• Description - A street legal off-road vehicle that you would drive to work or the trail head and outfit like an expedition vehicle such as the Camel Trophy truck D90 rigs.

Class-2 “Trail”
• Description - A stock vehicle that has been modified to become a capable trail rated rig and is not necessarily street legal .

Class-3 “Modified”
• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would build from the ground up and might see in a TTC/KOH type competition.

General Vehicle Details
• You are encouraged to go above and beyond to make your truck as scale as possible.
• Vehicles must resemble a real 1:1 rig. It will be up to the collective group to vote on whether a questionable rig is accepted or not.
• Tire size will be determined by advertised manufacturer specs (tires without available specs will be measured off the truck as mounted on the wheel laid flat).
•Tire modification:
Class-1 Street. No external tire modification is allowed.
Class-2 Trail. Tire lugs may be removed, siped, grooved and/or trimmed.
Class-3 Modified. Tire reduction and narrowing is permitted, as well as all modifications listed above.
• You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...) No TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis' or frame rail extensions on a TVPs. The exception to this rule is the Tamiya CC-01 or TA-02 ,(Hummer, S-10, Ford F-150 and Toyota Hilux)and Modified class Tubers.
• 4-wheel steering or dig is allowed in modified class only (you must choose 1 per course).
• No "Motor On Axle" (MOA) of any kind. All motors, transmissions, and other electronics (other than steering servos) must be chassis or frame mounted. Your axles must be driven by one transmission or transfer case and a minimum of two driveshafts (except CC-01, TA-02, etc) No separate throttle control of drive shafts or axles.
• There are no wheel size distinctions. For example, you can run a 1.55, 1.9, 2.0 or 2.2 rim in any class. Wheels larger than 2.2 are not allowed in any class and no short course style wheels with split diameters.
• Spare tires must be within 1/4" diameter of your drive tires to receive points.
• Any functional recovery tools you wish to use during your run, you must carry it on your rig at all times. IE tow strap, pull pal, and sand ladders.
• Winching can only be performed off of natural objects (i.e. trees, rocks, etc...), other vehicles, or stakes supplied by the course builder. Winching off of a person such as their shoe or hand is not allowed.
• All vehicles should have the motor, transmission, and electronics covered and hidden when viewed from the top and sides. Batteries must be chassis mounted and should be hidden from view.
• Courses will be tough and made to push the scale vehicle's limits. This is to encourage competitors to improve their rigs from one event to another.
• Winches are HIGHLY recommended!!!!! Expect to use a winch.
• Water proofing is HIGHLY recommended!!!!! Expect your rig to get wet.

Tire Ban List:

• Losi Claws (all sizes, and types)
• Hot Bodies Rovers (all sizes)
• Hot Bodies Sedonas
• HPI Rock Grabbers
• Panther Cougars
• Panther Leopards
• Pro-Line Chisels (all sizes)
• RC4WD Rocklin
• RC4WD X-Locks (all sizes)
• RC4WD Crazy Crawlers
• Imex Skulls and Bones
• Losi Bashers

Tires should be scale appearing, if it is questionable have it reviewed before the event, or plan to run a different tire. As new competition specific tires are released this list may be updated.

Class-1 “Street” Details:
• Vehicle must have a windshield that fills the entire windshield frame.
• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).
• Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/- 1/2 inch total combined)
• The vehicles body must be mostly intact. Only mild trimming such as flairs & removing a hardtop are allowed. If the hardtop is removed, a full interior is required (no extreme trimming of bodies allowed *See below.)
• The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs can be added to reach min. spec.
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)(Tamiya CC-01 chassis are allowed).
• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.
• Tires can never extend beyond the body’s bumpers or the rear of any truck bed. (Any stingers, fairleads, shackles, bolts, etc are not considered part of a bumper when determining this.)
• Dovetailing is not allowed.
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• Bobbing a truck bed is allowed, but must follow all body specs.
• Boat sides are not allowed.
• 106mm / 4.19" Max tire size including spares.
• Gates will be a minimum of 11" wide (so mind your width).

Class-2 “Trail” Details:

• Body/cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and the inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors.
• A front bumper is required and must be mounted to the vehicle's rail chassis and must be wider than the outside of the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers).
• You must run a full rail chassis, and the chassis (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase (this includes a chassis with a truggy rear frame).
•Truggies are allowed, but you must replace the ladder frame behind the cab with tube, and the truggy rails must extend past the rear axle pumpkin to be legal. The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock mounts. It also must be a structural part of the rear of the vehicle. (If your bed does not meet ALL of the preceding criteria, it does not count as a truggy bed).
• Flatbeds that run the full length of the rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed.
• 2 of the 3 following modifications are allowed:
- Dovetailing the rear (a truggy/tube bed that is narrower than the cab counts as a dovetail).
- Boat sides (no more than 1" measured vertically).
- Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab).
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• 120mm / 4.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size including spare.
• Gates will be a minimum of 12" wide (so mind your width).

Class-3 “Modified” Details:
• 146mm / 5.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size (including spare).
• A bumper is not required, but to be counted for points it must be mounted to the vehicle's chassis and wider than the the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers).
• Gates will be a minimum of 13" wide.
• All bodies (including tubers) must measure a minimum of five inches wide from front to rear of door, measure a minimum of 4.5 inches tall as measured from the skid to the tallest point on the body (including light bars), and must be at least as long as the vehicle's wheelbase.
• Body modifications including, but not limited to, pinched front, dove-tailing and boat-siding are permitted as long as the final dimensions comply with the minimum size rules.
FlightInstrukta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBandito View Post
What about Mid America Crawlers of Kansas (MACK)?

Not a bad idea!

If there's an "open" class, I'm buying a wraith to start my build!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #35
RCC Addict

SO, every tire i was looking is banned............
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
SO, every tire i was looking is banned............

and i guess i would a class 3, with some work could get into class 2...
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
Not a bad idea!

If there's an "open" class, I'm buying a wraith to start my build!
just buy a drive train, we can build you a tuber chassis ;)
Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #38

Scale 4x4 rules, the ones posted are ones I've looked at as well as there are rules posted here in the competition forum section.

1.9” Class
This class is modeled after typical street-legal off-road vehicles, non-trailered vehicles. These rules are set up to judge a scale truck as the "sum of its parts." The goal is to have trucks that resemble something you might actually see driving down a highway on the way to the trail. Understand the "spirit" of the rules and work within them.

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s, they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height and 1.75” in width. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18-scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. 2.0's wheels are allowed as long as the tire attached is either a stock 1.9 tire or cut & shut tire that falls into the restrictions.

> Body: You must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat, and tail lights(need not function), (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are allowed. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.
__________________________________________________ ________________________
2.2” Class
This class is modeled after typical off-road use vehicles, non-trailered vehicles and trailered vehicles. These rules are set up to judge a scale truck as the "sum of its parts." The goal is to have trucks that resemble something you might see driving on a trail. a purpose built off road vehicle (mud truck, hardcore trail truck, non competition rock crawler, ETC.) Understand the "spirit" of the rules and work within them.

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 2.2” size. all OEM tires are legal, any modified tires may be no larger then 5.5"

> Body: You must run a body, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare, and tail lights(need not function), (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds). All vehicles should be able to accommodate a minimum of a driver and passenger(no single seat buggys)

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are mandated. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs). A switchable transfer case is allowed, but only between 4x4 and 2x4 (rear wheel drive).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells. Width is unrestricted.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.

>·No truck will be allowed with a RTI score over 500* measured from the bottom of the tire.

>“Tuber” vehicles will be addressed on site and maybe allowed to run in this class but no guarantee is given. All tubers must have at least a hood, grille, and side panels. Tubers should try to adhere to the spirit of "scale" and look as realistic as possible.

*When a RTI scale is available then all 2.2 scale trucks will be qualified with a RTI score. The scoring
method is as follows: Vertical distance traveled up the scale (measured from the ground to the wheel nut)
divided by wheelbase multiplied by 1000. For example the distance traveled up the ramp is 5” the
wheelbase is 10.5” (5 / 10.5 = .4761) .4761 * 1000 = 476.1 (round off) 476 would be the final RTI score. If
no RTI scale is available then a manual method may be used to determine RTI score. Raise one wheel up
with your hand. At the height where another wheel starts to loose contact measure the vertical distance
between the ground and bottom of tire. Use that measurement to determine RTI score.

__________________________________________________ ______________

__________________________________________________ ____
Events

Events will vary from location to location. Below is a compilation of approved events with brief guidelines. A time limit of 5:00 minutes per course can be implemented if desired.

Gated Trail:
This is pretty much self explanatory. Each course will vary in length but will typically be between 5 and 10 gates. The width of each gate will vary depending on the location but generally the width should be no less than 12 inches.

Hill Climb:
Once again this is a fairly straight forward; with a location selected you will simply have a start and finish. Fastest time wins; if no one completes the course then furthest distance wins. *Gates can be added to this event.

Time Trial:
This event will be determined by terrain. This will be a multi-terrain event. It should comprise of at least 3 various types of terrain. For example a course may begin with a rock crawl section, proceed to a hill climb section and then finish up with a high speed dirt road section. The fastest time will be the winner. *Gates can be added to this event.

Trail Ride:
This is not a competitive event it is intended to be just for fun. One driver leads the pack through whatever terrain and obstacles he/she chooses. This event is all about fun, camaraderie, and testing your vehicles capabilities.

Mud Bog
This can be run as a timed or gated course. Typically set up as a drag style race, straight course, first to finish or furthest distance. It's up to the host club to decide how run and set up this event.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #39

Scale Class: All rigs in the Scale class will start off with 0 points and points will be deducted during the competitions. The object is complete the course without incurring points. Point deductions are listed below. Speed is rewarded.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate + 5 points
Touch + 5 points
Time: - 5 points (awarded if course completed in time allowance: An additional -5 points will be awarded to the fastest time)
DNF + 40 points + 5 points per gate not completed
*Rescue - 5 points

Reverse: Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed. During gated courses each driver is allowed 1 reverse per gate without penalty.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates not already cleared are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction. Winching through a gate is allowed. Once a gate is cleared that gate is dead.

Touch: Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch: Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed.

Time: A 5:00 minute (or 1 minute per gate) time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

DNF: If a vehicle is unable to complete the course regardless of reason a DNF will be assessed. If a DNF is assessed then they will be scored with +40 points add to their current point total plus 5 points for every gate not completed.

*Rescue: Using another vehicle to free a vehicle on course. The rescue vehicle will only be allowed during runs in which the buddy system is in place. The rescuer will receive the bonus points.

*Buddy System: When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course, the leading vehicle is the one being scored during that run. The “buddy” is the follower and will not be scored unless a rescue is requested. After the course has been completed the drivers will reverse order and the “buddy” now becomes the leader. Driving order will be decided by a coin flip. Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Scale appearance points will be deducted from the final score of each event. Appearance points are listed below.

-5 Points (up to a maximum of 20 points)
·Hard body (rigid construction, usually abs or polystyrene: essentially any body that is not lexan)
·Detailed Bed (drop beds, flat beds, tube beds: should be realistic representations)
·Interior detail (must have at least driver & passenger seat, dashboard, & steering wheel)
·Offroad trailer (must be towed during entire event)

-3 Points (up to a maximum of 15 points)
·Roof rack with large scale item (canoe or similar, item must be secured to rack with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Bed item with large scale item (quad, dirt bikes or similar, item must be secured with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Realistic bumpers (point per bumper)
·Functional winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Functional spare tire (should be same size as being run on vehicle; i.e. no 1.9 spare on a 2.2 vehicle)
·Scale engine (i.e. Parma hemi)

-1 Point (up to a maximum of 10 points)
·Functional Lights (per set: Headlights / tail lights / roof / rollbar / crawling)
·Driver / Passenger figure (should be scale in size, in other words a 4 inch G.I. Joe figure in a 1/6 scale truck wouldn’t work. 1 point per person)
·Spare tire (non functional)
·Non Functional Winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Scale accessories (jerry cans, cooler, snatch straps, etc {multiples of a particular item will only score once: for example if you have 2 jerry cans you will only score for 1 jerry can})

Custom Body Bonus: This bonus is awarded for custom build work done to a body, this ranges from stretching, widening, combining, and scratch building. This is added on top of Scale points.

-5 points for any major custom body work (i.e. building a crew cab, grafting lexan and hard bodies*, etc)
-5 points for major tubular work. (i.e. full exocage, full tube chassis that supports and/or conforms to the body)
-10 points for scratch builds (i.e. building a body from the ground up; no OEM basis)

*50% rule applies to lexan/hard combos; in the case of a lexan/hard combo the body will be judged on the basis of whether it is more than 50% lexan or more than 50% hard.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #40
RCC Addict

i have issues with the No rear steer and Dig is not addressed from what i saw. i feel rear steer should be a penalty and Dig should be handled like independent breaking.

Club formation - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups JRock Competitions 108 02-16-2012 01:43 PM
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info finishline Competitions 94 02-03-2012 11:08 PM
Club Listings, Find your local club here! freetimecrawler Competitions 0 04-05-2011 04:56 PM