Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Club formation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #41

Default Re: Club formation

• 4-wheel steering or dig is allowed in modified class only (you must choose 1 per course).

In "scale" classes like 1.9 and 2.2 it isn't allowed because of keeping the vehicle scale/realistic, but as far as mod class it's allowed but you have to choose which one to use. I tried posting the points system but it didn't let me. The 1.9 class is basically a street legal truck, 2.2 is a realistic drivable or trailer rig, and mod class is gonna be open for us. I'll see I it'll let me post the points here later.
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Who knew there were so many rules.

I like the ones that FlightInstrukta posted. The wraith doesnt have a ladder style chassis, so that would put me out of the 2.2 class posted by DJSCX10.

Thanks guys for posting the rules.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

I love this conversation. Lets get it out and learn it now. There is a class for everyone and every vehicle.

Keep it up.

Geno H
G-FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
unless your running 1.9s......
And have converted it to a ladder frame chassis and found a body that meets regulations.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #45
RCC Addict

I personally love the rules that were posted. Back in the day, when I was competing, there were so many rules and guidelines that had to be followed that it made things very interesting (and fun) I was watching a scale comp video earlier today (it's the WARCRC vid in the Scale Videos forum) and the fact that they're calling out/keeping track of gates, reverses, progress, etc. is pretty awesome! It brings back alot of great memories

We should start following similar rules (even if it's not what has been posted/discussed... I don't care either way)
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
just buy a drive train, we can build you a tuber chassis ;)
Instead, we should whip up a set of sliders for my FJ... I have little to no clue what I'd be doing, nor where to get the materials, but I think it'd be a pretty cool learning experiece

My "new" truck will basically be a mix of a Wraith and an SCX10. With random parts to fill in the blank areas...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
Instead, we should whip up a set of sliders for my FJ... I have little to no clue what I'd be doing, nor where to get the materials, but I think it'd be a pretty cool learning experiece

My "new" truck will basically be a mix of a Wraith and an SCX10. With random parts to fill in the blank areas...
We're working on Doc's truck tomorrow at my place. Bring it over and lets see what we can whip up.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #48

__________________________________________________ ______________
Scale Class: All rigs in the Scale class will start off with 0 points and points will be deducted during the competitions. The object is complete the course without incurring points. Point deductions are listed below. Speed is rewarded.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate + 5 points
Touch + 5 points
Time: - 5 points (awarded if course completed in time allowance: An additional -5 points will be awarded to the fastest time)
DNF + 40 points + 5 points per gate not completed
*Rescue - 5 points

Reverse: Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed. During gated courses each driver is allowed 1 reverse per gate without penalty.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates not already cleared are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction. Winching through a gate is allowed. Once a gate is cleared that gate is dead.

Touch: Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch: Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed.

Time: A 5:00 minute (or 1 minute per gate) time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

DNF: If a vehicle is unable to complete the course regardless of reason a DNF will be assessed. If a DNF is assessed then they will be scored with +40 points add to their current point total plus 5 points for every gate not completed.

*Rescue: Using another vehicle to free a vehicle on course. The rescue vehicle will only be allowed during runs in which the buddy system is in place. The rescuer will receive the bonus points.

*Buddy System: When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course, the leading vehicle is the one being scored during that run. The “buddy” is the follower and will not be scored unless a rescue is requested. After the course has been completed the drivers will reverse order and the “buddy” now becomes the leader. Driving order will be decided by a coin flip. Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Scale appearance points will be deducted from the final score of each event. Appearance points are listed below.

-5 Points (up to a maximum of 20 points)
·Hard body (rigid construction, usually abs or polystyrene: essentially any body that is not lexan)
·Detailed Bed (drop beds, flat beds, tube beds: should be realistic representations)
·Interior detail (must have at least driver & passenger seat, dashboard, & steering wheel)
·Offroad trailer (must be towed during entire event)

-3 Points (up to a maximum of 15 points)
·Roof rack with large scale item (canoe or similar, item must be secured to rack with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Bed item with large scale item (quad, dirt bikes or similar, item must be secured with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Realistic bumpers (point per bumper)
·Functional winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Functional spare tire (should be same size as being run on vehicle; i.e. no 1.9 spare on a 2.2 vehicle)
·Scale engine (i.e. Parma hemi)

-1 Point (up to a maximum of 10 points)
·Functional Lights (per set: Headlights / tail lights / roof / rollbar / crawling)
·Driver / Passenger figure (should be scale in size, in other words a 4 inch G.I. Joe figure in a 1/6 scale truck wouldn’t work. 1 point per person)
·Spare tire (non functional)
·Non Functional Winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Scale accessories (jerry cans, cooler, snatch straps, etc {multiples of a particular item will only score once: for example if you have 2 jerry cans you will only score for 1 jerry can})

Custom Body Bonus: This bonus is awarded for custom build work done to a body, this ranges from stretching, widening, combining, and scratch building. This is added on top of Scale points.

-5 points for any major custom body work (i.e. building a crew cab, grafting lexan and hard bodies*, etc)
-5 points for major tubular work. (i.e. full exocage, full tube chassis that supports and/or conforms to the body)
-10 points for scratch builds (i.e. building a body from the ground up; no OEM basis)

*50% rule applies to lexan/hard combos; in the case of a lexan/hard combo the body will be judged on the basis of whether it is more than 50% lexan or more than 50% hard.

__________________________________________________ ____
Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #49

Scale Class: All rigs in the Scale class will start off with 0 points and points will be deducted during the competitions. The object is complete the course without incurring points. Point deductions are listed below. Speed is rewarded.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate + 5 points
Touch + 5 points
Time: - 5 points (awarded if course completed in time allowance: An additional -5 points will be awarded to the fastest time)
DNF + 40 points + 5 points per gate not completed
*Rescue - 5 points

Reverse: Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed. During gated courses each driver is allowed 1 reverse per gate without penalty.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates not already cleared are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction. Winching through a gate is allowed. Once a gate is cleared that gate is dead.

Touch: Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch: Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed.

Time: A 5:00 minute (or 1 minute per gate) time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

DNF: If a vehicle is unable to complete the course regardless of reason a DNF will be assessed. If a DNF is assessed then they will be scored with +40 points add to their current point total plus 5 points for every gate not completed.

*Rescue: Using another vehicle to free a vehicle on course. The rescue vehicle will only be allowed during runs in which the buddy system is in place. The rescuer will receive the bonus points.

*Buddy System: When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course, the leading vehicle is the one being scored during that run. The “buddy” is the follower and will not be scored unless a rescue is requested. After the course has been completed the drivers will reverse order and the “buddy” now becomes the leader. Driving order will be decided by a coin flip. Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Scale appearance points will be deducted from the final score of each event. Appearance points are listed below.

-5 Points (up to a maximum of 20 points)
·Hard body (rigid construction, usually abs or polystyrene: essentially any body that is not lexan)
·Detailed Bed (drop beds, flat beds, tube beds: should be realistic representations)
·Interior detail (must have at least driver & passenger seat, dashboard, & steering wheel)
·Offroad trailer (must be towed during entire event)

-3 Points (up to a maximum of 15 points)
·Roof rack with large scale item (canoe or similar, item must be secured to rack with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Bed item with large scale item (quad, dirt bikes or similar, item must be secured with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Realistic bumpers (point per bumper)
·Functional winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Functional spare tire (should be same size as being run on vehicle; i.e. no 1.9 spare on a 2.2 vehicle)
·Scale engine (i.e. Parma hemi)

-1 Point (up to a maximum of 10 points)
·Functional Lights (per set: Headlights / tail lights / roof / rollbar / crawling)
·Driver / Passenger figure (should be scale in size, in other words a 4 inch G.I. Joe figure in a 1/6 scale truck wouldn’t work. 1 point per person)
·Spare tire (non functional)
·Non Functional Winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Scale accessories (jerry cans, cooler, snatch straps, etc {multiples of a particular item will only score once: for example if you have 2 jerry cans you will only score for 1 jerry can})

Custom Body Bonus: This bonus is awarded for custom build work done to a body, this ranges from stretching, widening, combining, and scratch building. This is added on top of Scale points.

-5 points for any major custom body work (i.e. building a crew cab, grafting lexan and hard bodies*, etc)
-5 points for major tubular work. (i.e. full exocage, full tube chassis that supports and/or conforms to the body)
-10 points for scratch builds (i.e. building a body from the ground up; no OEM basis)

*50% rule applies to lexan/hard combos; in the case of a lexan/hard combo the body will be judged on the basis of whether it is more than 50% lexan or more than 50% hard.

Last edited by ksbs456; 05-01-2012 at 08:39 PM.
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #50

Thanks for posting the points! It hasn't let me post them yet but that's the ones I was trying to post.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #51
RCC Addict

i thought i had read about a wheel base restriction on the 2.2 and modified classes, but i don't see it now. am i thinking of something else???
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #52

Quote:
i thought i had read about a wheel base restriction on the 2.2 and modified classes, but i don't see it now. am i thinking of something else???
> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells. Width is unrestricted.

Modified will be sort of a open class, here in a weekend or two I'll be drawing up the compiled rules with ksbs456 and posting them on Facebook.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Okay, so i could stretch an inch as long as the tires are in the openings?
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #54

Quote:
Okay, so i could stretch an inch as long as the tires are in the openings?
For scale appearances, and interpretation, center of axle in center of wheel well since scale is about looking real. Basically your body depicts the length. Although in the mod class, there aren't any limitations except that dig or 4 wheel steering which is choosing one per course.

Last edited by DJSCX10; 05-07-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #55

We will probably have some type of wheelbase rules for 2.2 and 1.9 class, but Modified TVP and MOA class will be open.
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Club formation - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups JRock Competitions 108 02-16-2012 01:43 PM
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info finishline Competitions 94 02-03-2012 11:08 PM
Club Listings, Find your local club here! freetimecrawler Competitions 0 04-05-2011 04:56 PM