Mid Kansas Radio Controlled Rock Crawlers 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: name

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default name

Lets pick a name

Last edited by Docwolf; 04-30-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: name

How long does this poll run for?

I didn't see MACK in the poll.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Master Rocksmith...

I kinda like CKRCRC better than MKRCRC? it would be central Kansas, instead of mid-Kansas? any thoughts?
FlightInstrukta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
RCC Addict

crap, i think i missed that one, i was doing this on my tablet last night. poll closes on 5-7
Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
RCC Addict

should i start over????
Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #6

why does it have to be Central Kansas? not everyone is so central.
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Cental Kansas (as in CKRCRC) reminds me too much of CKRC (the store) which is a boner-kill for me personally...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
Cental Kansas (as in CKRCRC) reminds me too much of CKRC (the store) which is a boner-kill for me personally...

Pretty much
Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
RCC Addict

well the majority of the members are in central ks, in fact the founding members are.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #10

Making it specific to "central" makes it less attractive for others that aren't so "central" and that's just like making a body that only fits one rc, it's less desirable. But that's just my opinion of why I think it should be more general like "Kansas" over "Central Kansas". Of course this could be from my degree of things that are specialized costing more than using things that are "standardized".
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSCX10 View Post
Making it specific to "central" makes it less attractive for others that aren't so "central" and that's just like making a body that only fits one rc, it's less desirable. But that's just my opinion of why I think it should be more general like "Kansas" over "Central Kansas". Of course this could be from my degree of things that are specialized costing more than using things that are "standardized".

you must be in IT ;) lol. if we chose a name that was less restrictive in region, are we all, as a group willing to travel to the far corners of this state for meets? by going with "Central" or "Mid" it indicates that the majority of the club hosted meets will be done in Central Kansas. i consider this a area say from hays to Emporia and Wichita to Manhattan. As we (McPherson county) is centrally located in this area, i feel like this is a fees-able region, other wise we could end up at looking at over nighters, which i would be fine with occasionally, i like camping. but that is something to consider. as it stands now, it looks like we could have a tie. in such an event, those names will go into a new poll, along with some new suggestions. we will keep voting till we are all happy with the name. still time to vote on this one though, so jump in.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #12

I am fine with a large region, I dont feel pressured to go to every event, but with a broader range there may be more events with more options. I used to do NMMTPA pulling, Long drives for two passes down the track per tractor. Now i just prefer to play in the garage on my own track.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
you must be in IT ;) lol. if we chose a name that was less restrictive in region, are we all, as a group willing to travel to the far corners of this state for meets? by going with "Central" or "Mid" it indicates that the majority of the club hosted meets will be done in Central Kansas. i consider this a area say from hays to Emporia and Wichita to Manhattan. As we (McPherson county) is centrally located in this area, i feel like this is a fees-able region, other wise we could end up at looking at over nighters, which i would be fine with occasionally, i like camping. but that is something to consider. as it stands now, it looks like we could have a tie. in such an event, those names will go into a new poll, along with some new suggestions. we will keep voting till we are all happy with the name. still time to vote on this one though, so jump in.
I may be in Central Kansas, but with everything, specifying a region limits options for everyone, and if Kansas grows, wouldn't you want more members other than just central. I would rather have good options open, and if they are a overnight, that's fine. I've went further distances than the borders of Kansas for lesser reasons. Keeping it open and not specific to a region helps the club grow. As said already, you don't have to go to every meet . It's purely optional depending on if people post pictures of the different terrain that will be available and if it looks like it's worth going to . I've already considered the name, and looked at other clubs and being somewhat generic is a good thing.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Well throw up some more names and we will vote again next week. i say we keep voting till we have a solid agreement.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I'm still liking MACK (Mid-America Crawlers of Kansas). That will pretty much cover the entire state.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I really am not hung up on a name nor do I think it will (by name) encourage or discourage anyone. I just hope we continue to grow this thing here in the middle of Kansas.

I do think the involvement from everyone is awesome.

Geno H
G-FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #17

Looks like RC Scalers of Kansas won by a vote. This forum seems really quiet in the whole of Kansas this week :P. Here in some free time, we'll draft up rules for the classes and post them. Thus far we've only copied existing rules in the club formation one. I know I posted the one set of rules with my friend posting the points, and I know FlightInstrukta also posted rules in that thread as well. We'll compile them up and use them as guidlines for the rules in our club. Can't wait to get my Dingo out and crawling. It's looking to be a very reliable rig compared to my creeper that's well.....waiting on a part that just came in...again.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Yeah, sorry guys got side tracked, head a group of IT pros and had get some stuff going for that. But yeah, RC scalers of Kansas, i like it. I will work on some logos, any of you graphics minded guys wanna do some, go for it. You can never have too many options. wouldnt mind making up some scale and full size decals. i have a few sources for printing and i think brian does too.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Rock Chalk Crawlers!

RCC for short!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Im a wildcat....