Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

View Poll Results: who all is going to be at breakfast, first person there get a table ;)
Breakfast at Appletress 2 50.00%
Don't click this one, i had to have two options.... 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Turkey Creek ORV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Turkey Creek ORV

Dad and I went out Sunday morning for a short crawl. I was running an all ready hurt front pinion (again) and then I lost a fastener for a rear link and couldn't keep the drive line together. also, no pics, I forgot to plug my phone in the night before. We started at the pond, I have a pretty good idea of what the rest of the area provides, and was very impressed with all the natural terrain. You think sand stone is soft, try these water soaked lime stone shelfs. As this is private property, I am a lot more accepting of trail modding, we did a little bit to get up the falls. yes I said falls. They are dry right now, but with some rain I bet this is a cool place to run. below the falls is long spill way covered in linestone that leads out to a second smaller pond that in turn then dumps into the turkey creek which them flows into the Solomon River about 1 mile away. the spillway is all nice and settled in and makes for a great set of lines, I bet we could put 20 trucks through here and not a one would run the same path. by the time we got half way down the spillway, my front pinion was toast. I think I have maybe two teeth left on it, so we turned back. I know the area below teh second pnd pretty well, Dad used to havea small mtorcross track in there, it's all wooded with a lot of cattle and critter trails, would make for some good gated trails. then the creek flows right infront of the house and then on back to the river. along the way is massive limestone dump pile, it;s not very settled and has massive gaps. I tried to crawl it about a year ago when I first got my rs10 and did not make it very far. there is another smaller dirt bike track, long over grown and un used and a section that used to be creek bottom but then the creek changed paths, it's basically a U shaped pond now, but it doesn't hold much water. the center would offer some great hill climbing I think. we could even run back in along the river if we like. i am thinking could make for a two day, or a good solid all day run and still not see it all. so I am pushing for a camping trip, tents can be set up in the yard around the house. As dad is the one hosting, I will have to see what he wants to do, but I am going to suggest a mid September time frame.

here a link to the area, the large pond in just blow the visible area on the screen (scroll down) and the house is in the center. Francis Mccune beloit ks - Google Maps
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Turkey Creek ORV

Yeah man!

Camping works, though I may sleep in a vehicle... No snakes or rain!

As long as my brother can make the trip, I'll be there
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
RCC Addict

so wait, you 'll camp here, but not in Arkansas!?!? lol you know you can catch a ride with Brian or I ;)
Old 08-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
RCC Addict

There's not gonna be as many people at your event. I think what wigs me out the most is people
Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
RCC Addict

ohh i see.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Is this going to happen or not? Let's get some support on this. I would like to go. I will definately camp with my 13 year old son. It'll be fun. We need to have a night run, since I just ordered some CREE LED's for my headlights.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
RCC Addict

he kinda thought they might be in fall harvest then, let me call him tonight and get him nailed down.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #8

that sounds awesome. i will make sure to be there.
smice60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
RCC Addict

He wants to clear it with his land lord (boss) I highly doubt the man cares what we do lol, hell there used to be a motorcross track out there lol. I am sure we will go as planned, but I will let you know for sure.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I am going to say this is go, i put 12 noon to 12 noon started Saturday September 22nd. that's about the time i will get there. this will be a over niter. there maybe a camper, though my wife will probably lay claim to it with the kido (more comfortable then my parents guest air mattress LOL). BYOB, BYOD, lets discuss food (pot luck?), bone fire pit, grill. plenty of area to setup tents. this is late September, i am hoping that the warming trend continues and we are looking at like mid 70's in the day, but ti could get cooler then that.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I can't say for sure if I'll be there. If my brother can make it, I'll be there for sure! His schedule is always changing at work, so making plans is tough...
Old 09-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Grego, I'll make sure you have a ride. I have a 6-man tent w/ 2 separate bedrooms and cots, or you can sleep in the taco if nature's critters are out and about. Also have an EZup with screened sides for night wrenching. Let me clear it with the wife first (that weekend is our 21st wedding anniversary) but I'll take her to a nice dinner on Friday so I can go play on Saturday!
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like Y'all are gonna have a great time.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Not coming?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
Grego, I'll make sure you have a ride. I have a 6-man tent w/ 2 separate bedrooms and cots, or you can sleep in the taco if nature's critters are out and about. Also have an EZup with screened sides for night wrenching. Let me clear it with the wife first (that weekend is our 21st wedding anniversary) but I'll take her to a nice dinner on Friday so I can go play on Saturday!
Not a problem, sounds good! But, take care of the wife first; 21 years aint nothin to take too lightly!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I've got no wheels Doc. I would have to shag a ride with Greg & Billy. It'll also depend on my funds next weekend, too. We're going to Hutch in the am and I won't get paid again until the 24th. So I'll just have to play it by ear.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Shawn, screw the fair and use that money to put brakes on your car!!!
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I am sure we can get you there and back and there won't much need for money, I bet there is more good then we will need.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

I wont be able to make it. Sucks cause camping and rc are some of my favorite things. I got family in town that Saturday. Hope uyu guys have a good time.
MacJamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #20

so what is the location of this place so i can make sure i can get there? ill definitely make it.
smice60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Turkey Creek ORV - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wolf Creek ORV Park DRW-FJ40 Tamiya CR-01 11 11-22-2011 06:22 AM
My Hilux in Wolf Creek RC ORV Park DRW-FJ40 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 09-15-2011 10:08 AM
My Honcho in the Wolf Creek RC ORV Park DRW-FJ40 Axial SCX-10 33 07-27-2011 07:29 AM
superlift orv ROLANDROCKSHOP Texas 1 08-04-2009 06:56 AM