Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

View Poll Results: If you have more then one truck for each class, vote and then comment with the total
1.9 6 75.00%
2.2 5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Rules/regs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Rules/regs

So i think we should start getting more serious about this topic. I just watched DJMedic's lastest vid which does a good job of showing what kind of attention is needed to make a points system work , check it out, the terrain is pretty awesome too.

RC ADVENTURES - TTC 2012 - Eps 1 - Rude Boyz RC - Scale Truck Challenge - Drumheller, Alberta - YouTube

I have also been going over the G6 rules and i have to say i really like how they do things. there is distinction in their rules between MOA and shafty, i was told that they had never had a MOA compete, but where very welcoming to the idea. They look more at the over all exterior appearance of the rig. is the wheel base right, do the wheels fit the body, how many scale items ( I like the whole "pieces of flare" idea, lol) they taking that count off the final score. I think there should be a limit though, other wise people could pad their score pretty well. I say minimum of 10, no more than 15. then of course timed gate courses and hill climbs. In the video i think i talked about doing a rally course too, not sure there would be too much interest in that, but maybe a rock rack course could be done.

thoughts? input?
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rules/regs

That video oozes Canada!

Rules are good, but too many rules can take the fun out of RC. I can't speak for everyone, but I do this for fun. Back when I used to go to competitions, everything was real straight-forward and organized. There was barely any time to "bash". I think an event that had both a free roam section and a gated/scored section would be awesome! Have your cake and eat it too

I truly like competitions (I never woulda stopped if there were more people around here that actually competed...) But my scaler's now on 3s, so let's compete!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I can try to provide input from my experience running the G6 series. The other two that I was involved with were a pretty similar format to what Parker does with G6. In fact, Parker was also competing in the other two series'.
pedlhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I do like what Parker is doing over there and would love to hit one of his meets.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #5

I like the idea of a point and rule system because it would make it more challenging. For more scale vehicles I like the scale 4x4 rules. We would need classes that would accommodate wraiths, MOAs and any other random stuff.
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

With scale trucks being so much more popular in the area right now, I like the idea of concentrating on scale rules now, then possibly expanding the rule set to include MOA's, etc.

Trying to write an all encompasing set of rules from scratch is a daunting task, which will not happen overnight.

Just my two cents,
Billy
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
RCC Addict

How about a points deduction for MOA? like a handicap, depends on the points system of how much it would be and it would have to be something that is realistic to overcome. Judge the rig on all other aspects and then deduct for MOA.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Actually if we all get together it seems there are enough of the "larger rigs" to split into 2 groups for comps. Just my opinion.

It seems to me tire size seperates what these rigs will do.

2.2 and over
1.9 and under
just throwing things out there for discussion.

I'm game for what the majority decides.

Geno H
G-FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
RCC Addict

That's the other side of it, my 55' is 1.9. I understand the... i guess controversy (is that a good word for it?) of the MOA vs. shafty. But, my MOA is still going to be scale from the links up and the you won;t even be able to see the rear axle. I have even thought about making a motor cover that looks like a sideways mount V8, does a real life EOA exist in this form? no. Is it practice in real form? No. would it look freaking cool? YES!!! You could argue that the green Dog is MOA, it does have drive motors mounted in the axles and the power plant is chassis mounted (power plant on a RC could = battery and ESC), and that rig runs in KOH. just food for thought.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
RCC Addict

When things get that technical, it really turns me off...

Crawlers are supposed to be fun, and a fun free for all type of G2G is hella my style! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for rules and competing and jazz, just gotta keep it RC, and keep it FUN!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
When things get that technical, it really turns me off...

Crawlers are supposed to be fun, and a fun free for all type of G2G is hella my style! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for rules and competing and jazz, just gotta keep it RC, and keep it FUN!
I have to agree with what you're saying. Your point above, in fact, contributed to me getting burned out on crawling.

That being said, there's a competitive side in all of us, even this clean shaven pup!

I think we can have the best of both worlds at our gtg's: free climb area for those not wanting to compete, and set up some gates for those who want to test their skills against others. Some rules are a necessary for this group, but I agree that the fewer/simpler they are, the easier they will be to follow/enforce. Let's come up with a few rules, have a gtg, set up some gates, and give 'em a whirl. Afterwards, we can discuss their success/failure, and modify as needed. Sound like a plan?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
RCC Addict

AAAAHHHHHH! My face is so naked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
Some rules are a necessary for this group, but I agree that the fewer/simpler they are, the easier they will be to follow/enforce.
I agree, keep it simple! I personally think that comp rigs should have followed that, things are too complicated in the comp scene nowadays...

Last edited by grob23; 09-06-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

He wasn't TOTALLY neckid. He still had chin fuzz back then. He's tryin' to hard to look like Billy F. Gibbons now.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I wish... maybe someday!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

OK, back on topic... Doc, do you have a marked up copy of the G6 rules to propose as a place to start?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
RCC Addict

this is it, i dug into their site a while back and it pretty much the same, they are minimal, all about fun

G6 Intel

- A tow strap is mandatory and will be used.
- 1.9 and 2.2 tires must meet G6 scale tire guidelines.
- A winch is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Sand ramps are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A spare tire is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A scale bag; ie trash-a-roo, burlap, hefty, is mandatory and will be used.
- Three scale hunting items are mandatory. This could include hunting gear or game.
- A minimum of 7 scale items is mandatory. This does not include the mandatory hunting items.
- Lights are not mandatory, but highly recommended. As many lights on your scaler (G-Ride) as you would like. One headlamp per driver and one light may be attached to a driver’s controller.
- A good ole' helping of fried squirrel, rabbit, or frog legs are not mandatory to bring to G-Central, but highly recommended.
- A blaze orange hat is not mandatory, but highly recommended and must be worn during Stage 1 of the Superlift Southern Showdown G6.
- Bringing a pot luck dish is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

2012 RECON G6 Rules and Guidelines can be found here;
2012 RECON G6 Challenge Guidelines and Rules

Stage Preview

- Stage 1 will consist of 300+/- trail markers. The terrain will vary and any clear dirt (water) will be kept scale.

- Stage 2 will take a G6’er through the still of the Arkansas night. Some areas may be squatchy.

The Superlift Southern Showdown G6 Challenge will have a pot luck dinner. I encourage everyone to bring a pot luck dish and take part in a G6 ritual of eating and swapping stage stories and then sending G6’ers off on a night stage.

Tradition has to start somewhere. Come join us for the South’s first RECON G6 Challenge and experience scale adventure at its finest, but don’t take my word for it, G6’ers say it best…

“Off the chains, Parker, OFF THE FRIKEN CHAINS, Parker. Most fun I have had…” – halfcab.

“…it truly is something you don’t want to miss out on, talk about drive time and excitement it doesn't get any better than this. What the G6 crew does for crawling is insane and i can’t ever remember having that much fun ever at any event.” – rcjunky.

“After 30 years of RC, never have I had so much fun…” – Thom K

“…epic weekend of crazy crawling madness, you guys have turned me into a G6 nut…” – Ty@Tekin

The G-Train is headed South, stay tuned to see who is on board or to inquire about at a boarding pass to get on the G-Train contact drivnmf@gmail.com

The Superlift Outlaw Terra-X Race

You can’t go down south and not race. That’s like going to the lake on a hot day and not getting wet. Terra-X is not your typical race. It’s like supermoto meets endurocross which equals pure fun.

If you like to go fast and want bragging rights, then gear up for the Outlaw Terra-X Race. Roland Rockshop will be helping the G-Crew give every Terra-X racer the most race time by providing corner marshals. Racer can race and the crowds can cheer, because there will be 4 classes of Terra-X action.

Classes:
- EXO Terra Buggy Class – 2s battery only.
- Wraith Class – no battery restrictions
- SCX10 Class – no battery restrictions; 1.9 tires (2.2 tires need 5 to make a class or will race in the Wraith Class)
- Short Course Truck – Open Class; 2wd/4wd; 2s battery only.

Heats will be 5 minutes long.
Mains will be 10 minutes long.
Number of heats and mains will be set race on day.

Come get your scaler fix, in the Superlift Southern Showdown G6!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Wow!?
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #18
RCC Addict

is that a good wow, or a bad wow?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #19

I still like the idea of keeping DIG, Rear steer, and MOA out of 1.9 and lower classes. All of those items are much more comp crawler oriented. I don't know if there is enough scaler shafty guys around that run 2.2s to have a class for it.
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Interesting, lets find out just how many 2.2 and 1.9 trucks we have. I will put a poll, you mark all that you have to run.

Rules/regs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Class descriptions/regs for crawler newbie trevinator Newbie General 7 07-06-2012 08:20 AM
comp rules n regs CHEETAHRON General Crawlers 13 07-23-2009 11:11 AM
where can i find rules & regs for comps? TONKA TOY General Crawlers 3 05-24-2007 08:23 PM
WB rules? nktrnl Newbie General 4 10-09-2006 12:04 PM