Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Event Photographer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Event Photographer

So the Turkey Creek ORV event was great, had some breaks, but over all the camp and crawl format went really well. As part of this we had the opertunity to have a amateur Photographer fallow us around for a couple of hours on Saturday. She ended up with about 370 Pictures and one short (very short) test video, follow this link, ask for permission and you can check them out (I have inquired about makeing access to the album public) http://4x4krawling.shutterfly.com/

The pics came out really well and it is nice to have someone dedicated to just taking pictures. My question for all of you is this, do we want to pursue forming a relationship with this photographer that would include having her come to like say one event a month? This would include a monetary compensation of some sort, I would have to check with her and see what she would want price wise. I assume it would not be a lot.

We are starting to form a really nice club here and in the coming months I want to start planning formal club meetings to start talking about the direction we want to go with this. I also plan on getting back to work on getting with the smokey valley historical society about clean up and renovation efforts at Coronado heights. If there are any projects that you think we as a club should get involved in, write them down and present them at our next g2g or meeting (once I schedule one ;))
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Event Photographer

I think it would be a great idea to have a dedicated photog on hand. That way everyone can play and there aren't any worries about event pics. I haven't got to see the pics yet, I'm waiting for the OK, but I'm sure she did a damn good job. I was just happy about how my junk ran that week end, until parts went flying into the abyss and I didn't have a cvd rebuild kit, damnit.

I also think she should be compensated for her time and effort. Especially since she might have to drive to get to the event. That Ford truck she was in prolly don't get the best mpg, but I doubt that's her only mode of transportation.

Last edited by Hotrodblder; 10-01-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
RCC Addict

would love to get some more input on this. maybe have her come to the comp events and add 5 bucks to the entry fee to cover her cost?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #4

Will that ever become public so I can check out the pics?
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #5

Be nice if the pictures were public, I already have enough useless emails coming in from useless things I signed up for and don't need another. Maybe use a site like photobucket for viewing where you can set a password for people to view other than the account password.
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
RCC Addict

She is going to switch them over to photobucket.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #7

Awesome, that will be helpful. Thanks for having her do that Doc. Look forward to seeing her work.
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
RCC Addict

It was more a matter of her not knowing the right site to use, she wants to make sure we can get to them. She has some great macro shots, I think it would be killer to get a tilt shift lenses out there.

Event Photographer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hardcore photographer constantmotion Chit Chat 9 08-22-2011 02:03 PM
2010 BGC Event Sponsors and Event Scores TwistedCreations EVIL CRAWLER DESIGNS Presents Battle Grounds Championship 9 07-08-2010 08:41 PM
Event T-Shirts - Event Logos - Juicy Goodness..... FreqEsKinz Competitions 9 05-02-2009 07:52 AM
E.T.R.C. event #3 '07 raytard Videos! 9 04-28-2007 10:30 PM