Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Club formation Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Club formation Questions

I have never been a member of a club other then a FFA chapter in high school and I know we did things kinda back asswards. So I ask these question:

When you think about a RC Crawler club, what do expect that club to do for you or supply you with as a member?

Do you expect to pay dues? if so, what do you expect those dues to cover? (not say we will have Dues, but i want to try and cover everything)

and finally:

As a Club Member, how involved do you want to be? (I only ask this to get an idea of who wants to be more hands on and who wants just enjoy the hobby)

This will be our club, so if something concerns you please feel free to speak up or message me personally.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Club formation Questions

I'm kind of on the fence about being hands on and just enjoying the hobby. I'm up for dues as long as they go to something that suits everyones interest (like a photographer or news letter) and that they are a minimal due. Not everyone has cash to burn.

We should come up with maybe a monthly meeting time and place (that rotates to suit everyones access) to discuss rules, dues and anything else.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbandito View Post
i'm kind of on the fence about being hands on and just enjoying the hobby. I'm up for dues as long as they go to something that suits everyones interest (like a photographer or news letter) and that they are a minimal due. Not everyone has cash to burn.

We should come up with maybe a monthly meeting time and place (that rotates to suit everyones access) to discuss rules, dues and anything else.
+ 2
lowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #4

For me, a club would provide me with a place to go wheel with like minded people. It may have a website forum where others could go in order for them to check out the club and possibly join in. It could collect dues.. but not weekly or monthly. I would be okay paying a one time fee in order to be a card carrying member. If I have to pay to play I should surely get club stickers though. That fee I pay could let me enter into official club events at a cheaper price than non-members.
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
RCC Addict

on the stickers, i know we have several connections with in the group, i am sure we could come up with a set of stickers and then have them quoted through our various connections. personally i think a sticker sheet would be nice to have ;)
Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I myself like the idea of members only type stuff.

Would we get Members Only jackets?
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodblder View Post
I myself like the idea of members only type stuff.

Would we get Members Only jackets?
Dude, let go of the eighties already
Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Basically, What I would like a club to do for me is to offer me a place to crawl with other people that are also into the hobby. Crawling alone sucks for sure, and crawling with someone who is just there to humor you gets old pretty quick. Finding places to crawl can be difficult. By pooling everyone's knowledge of various places, crawling spots shouldn't be too hard to come by. I also agree with holding a monthly or bi-weekly meeting to discuss events and dues and whatnot.

Paying dues are a must IMO. From the club's point of view; money has to come from somewhere! I like the idea of a card with a one time fee. Something that will get you a lower entry fee to competitions, and maybe another incentive such as a small point deduction or something. This would not only keep members' moral up, but would also let non-members see the benefits of joining. Getting some sort of material item for joining would also be good to see (stickers, t-shirt, maybe a pit towel or banner) something that promotes the club and lets everyone know what's up. With all that in mind, the cost has to not be outrageous. I can't speak for everyone, but I've been running the same rig for a while now solely because I can't afford a new one. Or anything really. Times are tough, for everyone I'm sure, and bills seem to be taking most of the income... after all, this is a hobby right?

I am not a very sociable person. (And I'm certainly not assertive. Most people would say that I'm a "pansy") I'm very reserved and quiet, and I feel that I would make a horrible part of the "board" of this club. I like to just sit back and let things happen, but I'll also voice my opinion. I think the highest role I'd be willing to play would be score keeper or something of the sort.
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #9

I am up for anything you all have in mind!!!
Kingsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Since a bunch of us are going to be at Coronado this Sunday, why don't we take ten minutes or so and come up with our first meeting agenda. I will be willing to host the first meeting at my house.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #11
RCC Addict

sounds good
Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I think for our first meeting we need to nominate some people for some offices. We will need El Presidente, treasurer, web master, event coordinator, etc.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I am happy to stay doing the coordination ........just saying ;)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
I am happy to stay doing the coordination ........just saying ;)
I kind of figured.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I'd be willing to step up and either take on web-master (though computers aren't a huge strongpoint of mine) or possibly treasurer. I was treasurer for our Skills USA club in high-school, and I was kickin ass!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Chan is interested in doing the website
Old 10-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

my .02:

Dues: Absolutely. $20 to $40 a year?

Whatcha get for being a member: 1) Pit towel with club acronym embroidered. 2) Sticker sheet, made up of 1:1 manufacturer (Warn, Rancho, etc.) and club acronym stickers. 3) 20% discount on all event entry fees.

What dues go towards: Pit towels and sticker sheets, reservation of crawling spots (to be replenished out of entry fees before prize money is distributed), photographer for larger events, end-of-season awards ceremony / picnic?

Website: Is this overkill? Between RCC and Google Calendar, do we really need another place to frequent?

What do I expect out of the club: Not much, just an excuse to get together with friends that don't think this hobby is silly; to establish a simple set of rules / scoresheets for the events with entry fees; to be recognized in the scale (and comp, down the road) crawling community in neighboring areas, for members to represent our club at other club's events, and possibly host multi-club crawling events. Long story short, to have an organized good time. The simpler we keep it, the happier most everyone will be.

Thanks for listening,
Billy
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I like all of this.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
What do I expect out of the club: Not much, just an excuse to get together with friends that don't think this hobby is silly; to establish a simple set of rules / scoresheets for the events with entry fees; to be recognized in the scale (and comp, down the road) crawling community in neighboring areas, for members to represent our club at other club's events, and possibly host multi-club crawling events. Long story short, to have an organized good time. The simpler we keep it, the happier most everyone will be.
That is PERFECT
Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
Tye

im 100% on board with this.... and i like the guide line proposed by kscrawler
Tye is offline   Reply With Quote

Club formation Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Club formation Docwolf Kansas 54 05-07-2012 08:42 PM
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups JRock Competitions 108 02-16-2012 01:43 PM
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info finishline Competitions 94 02-03-2012 11:08 PM
New Member of the S-10 Club. And Some Questions. gregrocks90046 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 05-28-2005 07:23 AM