Default Re: TORRCC Challenge- Aug 4, Topeka

Your 2.2 TLT Axled Wraith would be in the 2.2 class if it has 2.2 tires
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJamez View Post
My 7950 is fine. 7955 is shot. I got a Savox to replace it. I'm running into esc/motor issues. Stupid brushed motors.

What issues are you having with a brushed motor?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topekacrawls View Post
What issues are you having with a brushed motor?
They wear out fast. I'm hard on motors. I miss my brushless set up.
MacJamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #44

Is it the brushes? What brushed motors you using? Mine last a real long time... I don't think I've ever had to replace one because of failure. I know if you do much in mud and water they will wear quickly.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
Maybe we can make one good one between parts from both...
That's exactly what I did! I opened em both up and the gears were completely shot in the one that I didn't think worked. I did some parts swapping and came out with a perfectly working servo! So BOTH of my rigs are operational at this point. Not sure if they will be next month but a man can hope! I still need to track down a screw to hold the horn on...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topekacrawls View Post
Is it the brushes? What brushed motors you using? Mine last a real long time... I don't think I've ever had to replace one because of failure. I know if you do much in mud and water they will wear quickly.
Mud, water, full throttle, 10lb rig= dead motors lol. I need to be nicer on my rig but it's hard to.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #47

This David from Salina, I plan on being there Aug 4th, not sure which rig I will be running? I can't make my mind on which truck I like better.
glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #48

Still no one for the 1.5 class? I find that 1.5s here offer a unique challenge. Much of the area won't be difficult at all for 2.2s. 1.9s are a great time but I always have a memorable time when I throw the 1.5s on the Trailfinder or the dingo.

Most of what we will be doing is going to be on dirt. Two portions of where I plan to run us will be mostly rock. There is one spot where you might get axle high in water. It depends on the level of the stream that runs through the area.

Last edited by Topekacrawls; 07-17-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #49

Never mind.

Last edited by Race Dad; 07-18-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Race Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Sorry I have been out of touch for a while guys. I plan on going. I just need to get a spur in the wraith. I have been so busy with the house and vacation that I haven't even touched my rigs in 6 weeks.
I am planning on driving the Avalance if any one wants to share a ride, let me know and we can split the gas. If not, I might take the bike.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
I still need to track down a screw to hold the horn on...
I have a screw you can have. Wow, that just sounds wrong...
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
Wow, that just sounds wrong...
I will gladly accept said "screw"
Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

I got some new electronics and new bearings all around so I'll be ready for a all day crawl!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #54

I had a couple bearings freeze up on me after the Rock Blues G6 so I'm going to throw in a couple more so the Dingo is in tip top shape.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Dad and I got a little crazy a few weekends ago, not much carnage but enough. He faired with only tearing out the rest of the teeth on his cheepo servo horn, he ordered in some nice new machined aluminum pinch style one. I managed to rattle all but one of my tranny mounts loose. I was going to fix it yesterday but somehow ended up assembling this dual ESC MOA monstrosity out of spare and scrap parts, not sure how it will do but i am sure with 3s and H&H 390 18T cobalts it should be exciting LOL. I am picking up a WP BXRL next weekend for the bronco so I should be able to break a lot on the 4th
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Both of my rigs are completely ready! (They're on the same radio though)

Will we be limited to running one rig? I mean, will we be able to drive both rigs or will it be a one-rig event?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
Both of my rigs are completely ready! (They're on the same radio though)

Will we be limited to running one rig? I mean, will we be able to drive both rigs or will it be a one-rig event?

This is a tough one. The course is designed to be linear and ran from one end to the other. The hard part would be getting each rig to the next competition point because I designed getting from point A to point B as a part of the competition itself. Driving two rigs at once could be a little tough. If you can manage it, or get someone else to drive it during the hauling challenges then you would be good to go.

I'm flexible and don't want to harm your fun. If you can find a way to do it I don't mind contestants entering more than one class. I could imagine a contestant hauling the second rig on a trailer to each competition point and still maintain the integrity of the hauling challenge legs. That would be in a perfect world as most don't have trailers. Another option would be to "opt out" of the hauling challenge (therefore accepting the maximum penalties) with one rig and carry it to the next spot. You could even disengage your drive shafts on one rig and tow it to the next challenge. Just remember that the hauling challenges will have some gates. Penalties can stack up on you if you aren't careful.

My thoughts above will make more sense once you see how the comp will operate due to the terrain. I will try to explain more during the Drivers Meeting if this is something more folks want to do.

Feel free to post more questions or suggestions.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Kinda makes me wanna build a trailer!

In all reality though, I'm perfectly fine with only running one rig. (Though I'm still planning on bringing both and messing around...) My "Wraith" would actually do a little better job with the hauling challenges, and since I just got it going, this event will make a great "shake-down" run
Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #59

Sure would. You could always fall back to the tried and true truck if it breaks down. Don't be afraid of the hauling challenge. I picture it as a fun run with a loose(ish) item to keep speeds scale. Better be sure to bring your tie downs/straps to hold it in

The two rigs with trailer would be sweet. DO IT!

As a side note, I hope everyone brings a camera. I would like to see lots of pictures of this event all over the site and my facebook club page to help grow the club.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/190872707739282/
Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #60

Things to know about Dornwood park and a couple other items:

It's in the woods. Bring things you bring to the woods like bug repellant. There are spiders, mosquitoes, and critters of all manners. Please don't harm them if you can help it. Some areas have large drop offs next to the trail. Be sure to watch where you are going. A portion of the trail is in a creek bed. There is the possibility that we will walk through mud or very shallow water. The concession stand and bathrooms won't be open. There is a major street with convenience stores a few blocks away. Please clean up after yourself. If you smoke, please bring a bag or something to put your butts in. Lets keep the trail in good shape. It is a public place. We may have to deal with joggers and mountain bikers. If there are people coming through you may move your rig by hand with no penalty. It is important that we show the bike clubs and any city park officials that show up that we are responsible with park property. I really hope that in the future they may let the club groom a particular area specifically for our hobby.

It will likely be crazy hot with crazy humidity. Wear sun screen. Please bring enough water. I plan on having some water with me for those who need it but I can't guarantee that there will be enough to go around and I'm leaving it in the parking area so bring a water bottle if you want to take some with you. Safety Shaun says Safety first!!

Dee & Mee Hobbies has had responses from some people with some larger basher type vehicles and I have no problem with them running with us. Please be courteous to the youngsters and others who want to play toy trucks with us. If you have to tow along an E-Revo or some other rig without locked axles it will show how great of a sport you are.

Also I want to say thanks to all the folks I have wheeled with on here. When I have gone out of town to your spots I have been treated with respect and like one of the locals. I intend on showing you as good of a time as you have shown me. I think this will be lots of fun for everyone.

-Shaun

TORRCC Challenge- Aug 4, Topeka - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road to Topeka Topekacrawls Kansas 35 10-03-2012 10:59 AM
Topeka Area Topekacrawls Kansas 9 03-14-2012 08:15 AM
Topeka- Sat. crawl anyone? Darksiede Kansas 12 10-10-2010 10:30 PM
2.2/Scale GTG Aug 7th or Aug 8th crawlinghulls Massachusetts 10 08-08-2010 09:20 AM
2.2/Scale GTG Aug 7th or Aug 8th crawlinghulls Rhode Island 1 08-06-2010 04:20 AM