Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #122
RCC Addict

Calendar updated
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #123

Default Re: TORRCC Challenge- Aug 4, Topeka

Thanks for updating the calendar.

What I was afraid of happened. I postponed the event and it barely rained a drop after about 11AM. We had six rigs out for the run through of the course without gates today, my dingo, a wraith, a JK scx10, a custom framed scx10, a honcho, and our new friends from Manhattan brought a Summit! Everyone ended up with a few extra pounds of mud on their rigs and on their shoes. The hard hill climb was pretty much impossible but we slogged up it anyways. The whole run took around 3 hours with some breaks for repairs. If you log in to FB and look at the Topeka Off Road Radio Control Club page you can see the few pictures I took. Thanks all for putting up with the wet conditions.

Be sure to bring some extra parts out on the course with you next week. Three of the rigs had to take "fix me" breaks. We had drivers loose a servo, a slipper clutch, and a three link out on the course as well as drive shaft repairs. It looks like I made up a challenging course and I am anxious to have everyone out so I can give these great plaques away .

We ran as one whole group which worked really well. I am going to try to have things run that way next week since the whole thing is very spread out. There is a chance that the hard hill climb will be inaccessible next week. The creek was quite high today and we could barely make it across. It is supposed to rain all week so we will see.

All in all, everyone had a good time and said the layout and the terrain works great for scaling. Can't wait to see everyone next week!
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #124

is a losi night crawler a very good crawler or not
traxxas-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #125
RCC Addict

Not terrible by any means. They are worm drive which has its good and bads. You can't run them as fast as you can a ring and pinion but you don't need a drag brake either. I think what makes most people shy away is the price and aftermarket support, in the end axial has the market with a fair price and soild upgrades.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #126
Pebble Pounder

Trying to read between the lines.....you had to cancel and its rescheduled for 8-11-13? Dam it I return on the 10th.......but I'll be beat down afteron a 1500 mile trip.
G-FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #127

Yeah G-force the weather man said it was going to rain 2 inches. It quit raining about 10am or so. After that it was next to nothing. It was a wet muddy mess but fun. Well I hope you can muster the strength to make your son drive you down

And a night crawler is a decent rock crawler. It could have a tough time driving for about 3 hours like we did today due to the heat that will build up around that worm drive. Additionally if they aren't well lubricated they make a real loud noise because of friction in the drive line and can cause other problems. They need a very low turn motor, say 55 or 60 turn to push through the friction and because of that, they tend to be a bit slow but they don't require a specialized ESC with hill brake.

And Gino, if you look at the facebook page Topeka Off Road Radio Control Club there are a couple pictures of the area.

Last edited by Topekacrawls; 08-04-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #128
Pebble Pounder

I'll try my best to be there.......that's cool info on the nightcrawler. I am going to be driving the NuKizer on the beach @ Cape Hatteras North Carolina........I will post up some pics Tomorrow.
G-FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #129
Pebble Pounder

I really doubt I will be able to make it. I'm in New York this week on business.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #130

Were you giving out some rides?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Just Greg and I
Old 08-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #132
RCC Addict

It won't be impossible for me to borrow my brother's car if anyone wants a ride? I don't wanna drive if it's just me, I'd rather hitch a ride if possible... Kinda lookin like I'll be the only one from these parts making the trip though; PM me if ya need a ride
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #133

Just getting into all of this. Is this something that I could be a spectator to see what its all about? live about an hour away so would not be an issue but dont wanna be in the way.
jimmyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #134
RCC Addict

spectators are welcomed at all events, but expect to be asked to hold a beer or take some pics ;)
Old 08-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjones View Post
Just getting into all of this. Is this something that I could be a spectator to see what its all about? live about an hour away so would not be an issue but dont wanna be in the way.
Don't be surprised if someone offers to let you try their rig! You are always welcome to watch but just know that we won't be staying in one place for the whole event. It takes place in a number of locations on a trail through the woods so please come prepared with bugspray and water. If the trail is wet some good boots may be a good idea too. We are glad that you want to come check out what we do

Oh Yeah, ONLY TWO DAYS AWAY!! I'm excited. We have lined up a photographer. She says that if you bring a blank cd she can put the pics on there for ya. I don't know if she will charge for that or not at this time. See the TORRCC facebook page for more details.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #136
RCC Addict

Basically, here's my deal. I've had nothing but bad luck lately when it comes to RC. The servo I had going on my Wraith quit working, I blew a motor in my basher, and most of my batteries are finally giving out (I'm down to 2 out of 10). On top of that, my brother has plans for his car tomorrow and I'm out of money. So, unless I magically get a ride up there count me out... Sorry to anyone I offered a ride to, and sorry (especially) to you Shawn, this event sounded really fun!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #137

Hopefully someone can swing your way and pick you up :/
Old 08-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Greg, I still plan on going. Can you make it out to the house or do I need to come to town to pick you up?
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #139

I will be there tomorrow
traxxas-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #140
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
Greg, I still plan on going. Can you make it out to the house or do I need to come to town to pick you up?
I can get to your place no problem! What time ya want me there?

TORRCC Challenge- Aug 4, Topeka - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road to Topeka Topekacrawls Kansas 35 10-03-2012 10:59 AM
Topeka Area Topekacrawls Kansas 9 03-14-2012 08:15 AM
Topeka- Sat. crawl anyone? Darksiede Kansas 12 10-10-2010 10:30 PM
2.2/Scale GTG Aug 7th or Aug 8th crawlinghulls Massachusetts 10 08-08-2010 09:20 AM
2.2/Scale GTG Aug 7th or Aug 8th crawlinghulls Rhode Island 1 08-06-2010 04:20 AM