Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: G6 in MO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #1

Default G6 in MO

Check the competitions threads or the MO section. I will be looking to do some car pooling/room night split with someone if there are others going.
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: G6 in MO

It sounds fun, but I don't think I'll be going to this one. I am however planning on going to the adventure challenge on Goat Hill on the 27th It's one or the other, I can't afford both...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #3

I'm starting to have second thoughts about it honestly. Looks like one half of it is a night stage and I'm not set up for that. I was planning on doing some upgrades for it but it could get out of hand dollar wise fast.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
RCC Addict

There are 2 events coming up at Goat Hill. There is the adventure challenge on the 27th of this month that I'd like to attend to see how the layout/flow goes (who knows, I may bring some ideas back for our club to use...), and there's a night run, "Night of the Living Goats" in august. Neither of my rigs have lights right now but I'm hoping to make that upgrade before then. On top of that, I hate making upgrades too fast, throwing tons of money away, and ending up with something I'm not too proud of. With upgrades I like to take my time and do it right! Anyways, I truly understand and respect your decision, hope to get together soon though!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #5

I should be able to make it to the 27th. I have it marked on my calendar. One of the reasons I'm going to try to make it to the G6 is because the 22nd is my birthday. I want to make it my scale birthday vacation. KC is close enough to me that I shouldn't have a problem making the 27th. Goat Hill is a pretty awesome place but please don't forget about August 4th in Topeka!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I'm really wanting to get to Topeka on the 4th! I think it'll happen, shouldn't be too big of a problem since I now have a vehicle able to make the trip. As long as I can afford the gas...
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #7

[/URL]

[/URL]

This is what it looked like at the end of the night stage. The wet grass had wiped much of the undercarriage off but it still had a few lbs of MO Muck stuck to it. I had to put the hi pressure nozzil on the hose to get it off when I got home.

During the day stage I had a drive shaft pop off. Got that fixed up in a matter of minutes. Once home and torn down it turns out that I had two bearings at the ends of the front axle freeze up on me. All said and done an acceptable trade off considering the 107 degree heat index we dealt with.

Last edited by Topekacrawls; 07-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.