Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: just an idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Apparently when I smoked the 15t I also threw a tooth in the trans less than 12 hours after I rebuilt said trans with some spare parts I had. I have never really had much trouble with the creeper trans but it is needing new gears and there is no steel upgrade. Not to mentioned how much of a PITA it is to swap motors. I have this TH 2speed that I was going to use in the 55 but it looks like that project is on hold. I also have the 28t pinion it came with...should I go 2speed and should I go 28t on 35turn motor??? Or would that be too much amp draw??

Last edited by Docwolf; 08-19-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #2

Default Re: just an idea

In my hammers I am using a 35 turn Integy with a 2s Novak Goat. My pinion isn't as steep as yours. No problems other than a little motor heat. How big is your spur? And how big is the pinion you usually run? I dropped six teeth on my pinion with the stock TH gearing but I wasn't looking for speed. First gear is super slow, second gear is a little faster than slow but makes for good instant wheel speed. To figure amp draw you maybe able to use the WV/A formula. Perhaps you have a good question for the electronic forum here on RCC.
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
RCC Addict

would be the stock spur.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Master Rocksmith...

Here's an idea... Ditch the trash products(venom and vaterra) and get an Axial transmission. They're cheap(35$), reliable, easy to rebuild, insane aftermarket support, they're plenty durable, ummm... Need I go on?

Did I mention, they're cheap... Like cheaper to buy one once, than it is to keep replacing gears in those crap transmissions...

Or u could start applying a topical ointment twice a week to problem areas? I heard this stuff works wonders on bad transmissions? 😝
It even comes in black, so it will blend in with exhisting parts...

FlightInstrukta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightInstrukta View Post
Here's an idea... Ditch the trash products(venom and vaterra) and get an Axial transmission. They're cheap(35$), reliable, easy to rebuild, insane aftermarket support, they're plenty durable, ummm... Need I go on?

Did I mention, they're cheap... Like cheaper to buy one once, than it is to keep replacing gears in those crap transmissions...

Or u could start applying a topical ointment twice a week to problem areas? I heard this stuff works wonders on bad transmissions? 😝
It even comes in black, so it will blend in with exhisting parts...

oww.........I have never been one to just follow the crowd, I like to experiment and try other ideas. I agree Axial is a proven product though and this would probably be the ideal way to go. still, just an idea.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

You know, it's more fun to go out with your buddies and not break down. Trust me, I have had plenty of break downs with my rigs, but my transmissions have been bullet proof, especially with some aftermarket, steel gears in them. We all know you like to do things your own way, it's just some times you're going the wrong way.

On the other hand, the TH trans is pretty good. I have beat the crap out of my TH and not had any problems with the trans. The issue you are going to run into using the TH trans is mounting the motor.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #7
RCC Addict

oh yeah it uses part of the lower try to support the motor huh? that does throw a cog in the works, I'll save it for the 55' then.

It's $10 for a new set of gears and I had not had a problem till I ran a screw in too far, I think for the rest of this year I will just throw a set of gears in and look at an upgrade over the winter.

just an idea - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have any idea what this was? Zuk90 Chit Chat 10 03-28-2011 06:19 PM
Your idea on this... Nitroguy360 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 03-20-2011 01:00 AM
What do u think of this idea? geekfreek95 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 41 09-25-2010 08:54 PM
WHAT do you think about the IDEA? SkylineTT General Crawlers 8 05-02-2006 08:22 AM
An idea. CoreyK Chit Chat 22 02-11-2006 09:11 PM