Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Shift in leaders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Shift in leaders

So I know I have not been fulling my duties, and while those duties are mostly ones I imposed on myself, they are still ones I fill should be completed to benefit this group.

Club formation has hit a wall and I personally have not seen or spoken with Bryan or Billy in months. we still have members joining and I would like to see this group grow and host more events in the coming years.

With that said I am wondering if there are any ambitious members who would be interested in taking over some responsibilities to further grow and possibly finalize the club formation?

We have a great start here, the foundation is laid and i see where we have sparked other groups that are doing well to serve hobbyist in their areas. Topeka has really grown and has a solid following and I hear more and more talk out of the Wichita area.

If anyone is interested in the organizing of events please hit me up and I will get you all the access information for the calendar. At this time I just cannot see where I will be able to be involved at the level I want to be.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Shift in leaders

I live here in Salina, and have been asking around to try and find people who do want a group and to get involved in its forming and running. Id like to get to know the people here or around this area and figure out if a group is possible at this point. I like to go out and run the trails, and look for new ones. So if you have any ideas or anything that you can put out there feel free to. I want a group like how we had one in Topeka when I was living out there, before returning to Salina Just a month ago.
MikeMontgomery1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

well we have a pretty decent group now, though it would appear that free time for many of us has become a rare commodity. i would expect to see activity pick back up this spring, I am going to get my dad to nail down a date at Christmas for his camp and crawl. I may even pick out a Saturday each month and plan a regular crawl at Coronado.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #4

Facebook is pretty darn handy for organizing group activities! I find it invaluable since not everyone in the community knows about this site...Yeah I know, who doesn't know about RCC? It turns out lots of people. I have even gotten some people to join my fb group from rctech.net also. People who just run go fast rigs and race at the local track organize over there regionally as well. Topeka has a very large RC community and that's why I opened things up beyond crawling and trailing. We don't do go fast events too often but I hope to do more when the weather gets nicer. The local hobby store sells tons of Traxxas rtr off road kits. Those folks want somewhere to run with other guys and gals like them. The hobby store tells just about everyone who buys an Axial kit about my FB site. Those same people race locally or bash their RTRs. When the city was looking for a spot to have locals build and maintain a track they went to the store to ask and guess where he sent them to?... to the Facebook page. I didn't initially want to be an organized club but that was how things went and it evolved into something that needed someone to be the spokesperson for. Find a few people who can take up a position of leadership who are ACTIVE with their RCs and can help themselves from having drama on their facebook page. Things will happen naturally... when people want to run their trucks they will post on the page and others will join. Sooner or later it will start to shape up and then, BANG! You have a club going. I realize I typed a huge paragraph but I just thought I would put my experience out here with TORRCC. Hopefully you can get something good out of it. I don't know much about Salina or Macpherson communities but if there is somewhere like the hardware store or walmart that lets folks put up community activities on a billboard make a flyer and post it up with tear off links to a web page like RCC or FB. Put your name and activities out there and things will grow on their own.
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
RCC Addict

We had thought about a facebook page once and several of then active members didn't think it was necessary, maybe it is time to reconsider it or to just do it.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #6

I have a random facebook page called RC scalers of ks, and have linked to it on here before i think it has a whopping 6 members, lol. I would like people to use it, its a great way to share pictures and other stuff. I have been out of the RC loop this year but hope to get more involved this coming summer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/125915717539466/
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Shift in leaders - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First shift!!!!!!!!! cmyers1 South Carolina 8 01-01-2012 06:32 AM
Dfw leaders!!!!!!!act fast!!!!!! rock hard Texas 0 11-02-2011 12:20 PM
*** TXRCRCA Club Leaders *** Nova's Ark Texas 2 11-02-2011 08:09 AM
TXRCRCA Club Leaders, you need to... Nova's Ark Texas 5 10-24-2010 07:20 PM
? for the club leaders sparky0068 Nebraska 12 02-03-2009 11:27 AM