Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Ideas for Turkey Creek ORV Spring opener

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Ideas for Turkey Creek ORV Spring opener

Dad and I got out Friday and Saturday of the thanksgiving break and spent several hours in the creek just finding natural trails to try. We were having such a good time I never once thought to take any pics! Dad also learned about over working a 20t axial motor in a wraith, she still runs but damn she got hot.

Dad came up with a concept for a new event format and I want to run it by you all and get some feed back on the idea.

He wants to host an event over a long weekend, maybe everyone rolls in Thursday evening and sets up camp, hang that night, get some good sleep and such.

Hit the trails the next morning and spend all of Friday doing a nice easy social crawl/test & tune. No follow the leader though, instead we would all move through the creek in a large group but everyone looking for their own lines. If you find a line you like, you mark it with flags or I thought maybe ground paint.

Once we reach the end or get to a point where we think we have enough trails, we back track and begin laying out the trails for the Comp. we can do separate lines for different classes but still keep everyone in a group. we do any trail grooming needed at this point and finalize the points system.

Then on Saturday we would comp as two person teams, each team member scoring the other.

That night we would tally the scores and award accordingly.

What do you all think?
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Ideas for Turkey Creek ORV Spring opener - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turkey Creek ORV Docwolf Kansas 91 10-22-2012 08:26 AM
Wolf Creek ORV Park DRW-FJ40 Tamiya CR-01 11 11-22-2011 06:22 AM
MNRCRC Spring Fling Spring/Summer season opener freetimecrawler Minnesota 33 04-19-2009 08:00 PM
MNRCRC Spring Fling Spring/Summer season opener freetimecrawler Competitions 0 04-05-2009 01:16 AM
MNRCRC Spring Fling Spring/Summer season opener freetimecrawler Minnesota 31 04-06-2008 11:27 PM