Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Monthly Coronado Social Crawl Sunday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Anyone coming, bring gloves and we will do some storm debris clearing.

Docwolf MKRCRC
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Default Re: Monthly Coronado Social Crawl Sunday

I won't be there. No real good excuse, I guess I'm just not as interested as I used to be
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #63
RCC Addict

No problem Greg, that is life.

Docwolf MKRCRC
Old 06-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #64
RCC Addict

There has been growing interest in kanopolis lake and specifically Horse Thief cannon. Mike and I spoke today after crawling and we want to move the July Social crawl to Horse thief cannon for July 13th. Looking for input on this one so please speak up with a comment here of a PM, I am thinking starting at 11A.M. for this one. I also would like if someone familiar with the area was there that day if possible. From what I have seen it looks like a fantastic spot. I want to consider this a social crawl because again i want to encourage any and all new comers to join us. I am also considering posting something on a Ellsworth buy, sale, trade page to see if we can reach any hobbyist who may not be familiar with our groups. Lets also be sure to reach out to all up and coming groups and encourage them to join us, this may be a bit much of a drive for some, but it is worth a shot. again, feel free to supply any input on this event.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #65

I think I could make this.
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #66
RCC Addict

$5 vehicle pass required for access to this location. I don't think that is terrible but I would be happy to haul people and or gear in if they wanted to meet outside the park.

Docwolf MKRCRC
Old 06-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

Doc, I think if we can plan it out fairly well in advance, and make a car pool style entry to the area ther, we could get more people involved with the idea. The area there is tremendously awesome for offroad deals scale or fullsize. Anyways, Im willing to offer four extra seats up to people and all I ask is a tiny bit of help on the permit, and fuel if coming from Salina or inbetween areas. Just a thought. Splitting expenses is cheaper than all on ones own. Kaleb would need to swap the day to get there at that time. But its possible I think. If he cant make it, Im still up for it. Feel free to contact me Doc. Here or FB pm.
MikeMontgomery1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

Is there any idea of a head count yet on who is going to be going out to Horse Thief trails this coming social for July. . figure with a head count we could figure out the permits and thing to get in there easier. Not like $5 a permit is bad though. Just thinking maybe a carpool is a solid thought to figure out if people are interested.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Try this again, for whatever reason i have not been able to get this posted for three days.

If you will be coming to the July 13th event at Kanopolis, please visit this thread:
Head count for Horse Thief

There was some confusion on what was constituted as a "Motorized Vehicle", this prompted me to call the Park office for a clarification. As far as they are concerned our rigs are "toys" , lets just leave it at that ;)
The only real concern was the noise level, I assumed the Ranger that the electrics where very quite, which they are. I also said that I would impose a "NO gas" rule on this event. While we have never had a Gasser out with us, we have always welcomed them.

The Ranger i spoke with then made a comment about the growth in interest in the off-road RC and RC crawler hobby, he seemed to have a decent knowledge of what we do and was excited to have us come out. He then asked if our group would have any interest in the development of a designated area within the park for RC crawling and Off-road. I said we had discussed something similar a few times but had not found any property to use. He said if this goes well, in that we like the location, he would be happy to set aside a small area that was RC only so long as we helped to develop and maintain it. I said I would talk to the group and get back to him. I think we should set aside a little time on the 13th to talk about this more directly.

So, we are a go for the 13th of July at 11 A.M. I think we should use the link above with the poll to also coordinate carpooling.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #70
RCC Addict

calendar updated with Map
https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...merica/Chicago
Old 06-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #71
Pebble Pounder

Unfortunately I am scheduled to teach that weekend. I have been very busy with my motorcycle classes this year, since I am now one of the owners. Hopefully I can make it out to one of the crawls this year.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

We'll miss you Brian. Y're good people to have around. Be safe.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Well, it looks like my class was cancelled for that weekend, so it looks like I will be there. Woooo Hoooo!!!!
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #74
Rock Stacker

So with the area needing a day permit to enter, did we maybe want to think on doing up a grilling deal, and bring some munchy stuff? Talked to my friend Shawn, and he mentioned it. So figured it sounds good to me, and if we are there for a bit, why not bring meats, and stuff for a group luncheon. Then we can trail, and eat some food, and drink something as well.? Could be easy to figure out, and make use of the area as well. We may be using it often if the group likes it, and we can get land to do trail sesssions, and comps. So whats everybody's thoughts of doing a lunch type deal, and social as well as the trailing.?
Old 06-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Let's move this the poll thread, then I will update the Facebook post.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

Well I figured Id go ahead and post up a date and time for the August Social trail crawl. I have looked, and think the 10th of August is a fairly good spot to try and get together once again. Not right up close to the school start dates, and I think it gives us all a clear idea of what is going on. Sent Adam a message asking what he thinks, and to get back with me.

Though this weekend slot seems to be really the best opportunity for a get together right before schools start up. So lets get some ideas of what everyone is feeling, and thinking for this date and time. I think 1pm for a start time is pretty reasonable, and will allow everyone to get around, and get out of church or what ever they're doing, and get to Coronado. Plus allow those that work the weekends to be able to attend possibly easier.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #77

August 10 is the date for TORRC's Dornwood Park event.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #78
Rock Stacker

Okay, thats fine. Shaun you can still run your Dornwood event. Im sure there will be people who are not going to it, and the Coronado may work easier for people around here. Just saying. It isnt hurting or cramping you in the least. So I dont see any issues being made here.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #79
Rock Stacker

Both events can be held just fine. Im sure theres some who will try to attend the Dornwood event from around here, but for those that cannot attend it, this still gives them the opportunity to get out still and trail. Just saying. As theres no reason to get upset.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #80

"So lets get some ideas of what everyone is feeling, and thinking for this date and time."

Here's what I'm thinking:

Please refer to your post on the first page of this thread which I have below. Number 1 states that if someone is hosting an event that the social crawls will be rescheduled. I understand if people can't make it down for my event but it is a slap to the face of TORRCC when you go ahead and schedule something on top of what I work hard in planning. I make a great effort and travel lots of miles to participate in the mid-Kansas events and it seems a bit rude and disrespectful scheduling on top of events I have planned out.
Saying it won't effect what I have planned is speculation. I plan my dates carefully in hopes that hobbyists from all KS communities can plan out traveling and attending TORRCC events.

I humbly ask you to please reschedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
The MKRCRC Club will be hosting Monthly crawls. These are to be informal, non comp, afternoon get togethers. Excuses to get out of the house and just have fun.

The dates are not be set in stone and could change, we would like to make the details as consistent as possible to insure everyone can plan ahead if they like. This will not include what I refer to as "hosted events" but will probably be used as prep for such events. Future "hosted events" will be scheduled at a later date.

Currently the Social crawls are scheduled for the First Sunday of each month @ Coronado, starting at 1P.M.

here are s few guide lines i have thought up on the fly.....

1. Social events are second to Hosted events, in that if the date of a Social event is claimed for a Hosted event, the social is automatically rescheduled (unless there is a group not planning on attending the Hosted event, but that still want to crawl)

2. Social events will always be at Coronado, alternate locations will be treated as a hosted event. (see rule number 1)

3. If a Social date is claimed for a Hosted event, and no other hosted events are scheduled for the month, the Following Sunday becomes the new social crawl for that month, but is still subject to these guidelines.

how does that sound? the idea here to always have at least one day for crawling.

Last edited by Topekacrawls; 07-30-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Monthly Coronado Social Crawl Sunday - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TORRCC Social Crawl & Rally Race Topekacrawls Kansas 22 01-05-2014 07:20 AM
Oct 26- Maple Hill Creek Social Crawl Topekacrawls Kansas 8 10-23-2013 04:20 PM
Sunday Social Trail/Crawl Holdencars Scale Videos! 0 08-30-2013 12:39 AM
Coronado, Sunday Oct. 21st social crawl Docwolf Kansas 77 10-23-2012 07:56 PM
July The 7th Coronado Crawl "Crawl of the Fortress" Docwolf Kansas 88 07-11-2012 03:47 PM