RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Kansas (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kansas/)
-   -   .......................................... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kansas/514995-a.html)

Docwolf 11-11-2014 04:05 PM

Wake up!!!!!!

grob23 11-13-2014 02:50 PM

Re: ..........................................

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docwolf (Post 4941349)
Wake up!!!!!!

I'm up! barely... winter time is crawler time for me. It's too cold for bicycles; I'm lame

Docwolf 11-13-2014 05:19 PM

I am trying to get full size rigs fixed. Dakota is down, hard to find part failed. Bronco is operational and being driven daily, but I losing 1qt of oil out the front main every 150 miles. I wish I had a decent garage.

grob23 11-16-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docwolf (Post 4943107)
I am trying to get full size rigs fixed. Dakota is down, hard to find part failed. Bronco is operational and being driven daily, but I losing 1qt of oil out the front main every 150 miles. I wish I had a decent garage.

My garage is full of bikes (and other junk) or I'd offer it to ya!

I just bought a Traxxas Bandit, and I cleaned up my scaler, so I'm ready to go again. I haven't touched rc cars in roughly a year, hopefully the game hasn't changed much so my knowledge will still be decent...

I'm waiting for snow so I can build a little snow track in my backyard for my Bandit:twisted:

Docwolf 11-18-2014 05:11 PM

what sort of bikes are we talking about?

Got the Dakota up and going, played hooky the last two days. Spent yesterday in a salvage yard and today putting it back together.

Bronco lost the top radiator hose Monday morning so I had to fix that first. Making plans to fix this oil leak issue and may have found a 351w to build up for it.

grob23 11-19-2014 03:20 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps4c01eb98.jpg

old pic but i also got a couple more bikes and added a basket to the Nishiki (white frame)

glad to hear your 1:1 is back"thumbsup"

ElBandito 12-10-2014 09:42 PM

Hey, I've seen that white bike.

I've been getting into rc things that fly recently. I built a couple foam board airplanes from free plans from flitetest.com.

Airplanes are a lot cheaper than crawlers and scalers, with $10 motors, $12 esc's and $3 servos. I have $30 into my current plane (minus the $60 flysky t6). I tend to crash a lot though.

Docwolf 12-14-2014 11:07 AM

been thinking about a twin Stick for Scrapheap. I think I am just going to pull the 302 out of the Bronco and reseal it. I think it is actually a really good motor and my run-ability issues are the computer taking a crap. Starting to question if I am even going to need a 4x4 for this winter LOL.

grob23 12-15-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElBandito (Post 4966898)
Hey, I've seen that white bike.

Airplanes are a lot cheaper than crawlers and scalers

The white bike has changed alot (more) it's great8) And, no offense, but I can't do planes... I just don't have the attraction I guess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docwolf (Post 4992538)
Starting to question if I am even going to need a 4x4 for this winter

It finally spit snow at me on my way home from work! I got stoked... Too bad I bought a 2wd pickup! :lmao:

ElBandito 12-19-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docwolf (Post 4992538)
been thinking about a twin Stick for Scrapheap. I think I am just going to pull the 302 out of the Bronco and reseal it. I think it is actually a really good motor and my run-ability issues are the computer taking a crap. Starting to question if I am even going to need a 4x4 for this winter LOL.

Why do you need a 4X4 in Kansas? I grew up in Adirondacks in upstate NY without 4X4 and never got stuck. Of course, when we got a lot of sow (over 24"), I would take the snowmobile to town.

Docwolf 12-19-2014 11:33 AM

Becuase I hate snow, I really hate ice, and I will do anything to keep room having to handle the stuff.

grob23 12-20-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docwolf (Post 5045612)
Becuase I hate snow, I really hate ice, and I will do anything to keep room having to handle the stuff.

Plus, sometimes it's fun to just go play"thumbsup"

Docwolf 12-20-2014 07:15 AM

Lol, this thing will be more of a mall crawler.