RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Kansas (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kansas/)
-   -   KCRC How to contact for schedules, events and a bit of direction (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kansas/523599-kcrc-how-contact-schedules-events-bit-direction.html)

Irwin Fletcher 01-25-2015 01:18 PM

KCRC How to contact for schedules, events and a bit of direction

Hello,
I was hoping to get some help. My son got a RedCat RS10 for Christmas and wants to try his hand at rock crawling. (I know this is very entry level but it was what the Christmas budget allowed) I know KCRC is on Facebook but I am not. I was wondering if they have any other places that they post schedules or crawling get togethers, email list, website, other? We are basically in Kansas City so Kansas or Missouri side would work.

I have looked through the posts here and it looks like this might be a place that some things are posted. By the looks of it winter is not a good time to start crawling as the cold is a factor. So if I need to just tell my son to wait until it gets warmer, we will continue to crawl in the basement and around the house in warmer weather. I have searched but it doesn't look like there is anything indoors around this area.

His goal is to be able to enter a rock crawling event some time in the late spring/ early summer as a birthday present. Not even sure if that is possible as he is pretty young but I figured if we just got him on the rocks with some others that would be a start. Every dog tennis ball we have is now cut in half and we watch YouTube crawling videos all the time, he has the bug bad. Oh, and he seems to like all crawling but gravitates toward the super crawlers which are not inexpensive, but hey that's what allowance is for, right.
Thank You in advance for any guidance!

Docwolf 01-25-2015 01:47 PM

Re: KCRC How to contact for schedules, events and a bit of direction

The KCRC guys post more in the Missouri sub forum, this one (when anyone post, it has kind of dropped off) is more Central/South Central Kansas. Of course you and your son are more than welcomed to attend any events we host though our get togethers are generally more social minded. Welcome to the hobby and if you need any help with that Redcat feel free to hit me up. The RS10XT was my first crawler and I still have mine and use every so often. My dad runs his the most as it is his most reliable rig right now.

Much of the group/clubs organizing is now done on Facebook, it might be worth while to start a shared account just to be able to keep up with scheduling. Hope this helps and I look forward to see you the rocks.

viper6171 01-25-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irwin Fletcher (Post 5125180)
Hello,
I was hoping to get some help. My son got a RedCat RS10 for Christmas and wants to try his hand at rock crawling. (I know this is very entry level but it was what the Christmas budget allowed) I know KCRC is on Facebook but I am not. I was wondering if they have any other places that they post schedules or crawling get togethers, email list, website, other? We are basically in Kansas City so Kansas or Missouri side would work.

I have looked through the posts here and it looks like this might be a place that some things are posted. By the looks of it winter is not a good time to start crawling as the cold is a factor. So if I need to just tell my son to wait until it gets warmer, we will continue to crawl in the basement and around the house in warmer weather. I have searched but it doesn't look like there is anything indoors around this area.

His goal is to be able to enter a rock crawling event some time in the late spring/ early summer as a birthday present. Not even sure if that is possible as he is pretty young but I figured if we just got him on the rocks with some others that would be a start. Every dog tennis ball we have is now cut in half and we watch YouTube crawling videos all the time, he has the bug bad. Oh, and he seems to like all crawling but gravitates toward the super crawlers which are not inexpensive, but hey that's what allowance is for, right.
Thank You in advance for any guidance!

welcome to the sickness , we (KCRC) usually post up some kind of schedule for our crawling events throughout the year . we usually post over on the missouri forum , you guys are more than welcome to come out to any of our runs and participate
"thumbsup"

Irwin Fletcher 01-25-2015 09:16 PM

Thank You, I will keep a lookout for things more toward Topeka. I grew up in Manhattan so I know that area going west pretty well.

Irwin Fletcher 01-25-2015 09:18 PM

And I will also keep an eye on the Missouri side as well. Until I wrote the post it didn't occur to me to look on the Missouri side as well. My mistake.
Thank You again. I am sure we will be out and about.