RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Kentucky (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kentucky/)
-   -   Bowling Green KY area (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kentucky/172639-bowling-green-ky-area.html)

ArcticRider 04-12-2009 08:30 AM

Bowling Green KY area

hi all,

Does anybody know of some good crawling spots in the Bowling Green area? anybody else in this area who crawls?

Thanks!

xigtc 04-12-2009 04:45 PM

Hey I live in Bowling Green! I've got a home course, and know of a couple of subdivisions going up with large piles of rock waiting to be tried out!

Good to find someone else in the area!

HomerJ 04-13-2009 06:45 AM

Hey guys, Green River is pretty close to you all. It's just outside Central City, KY. There is a comp there on the 25th, you ought to come check it out!! It's hosted by the TN guys, so there's going to be some pretty big names there "thumbsup"

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/171545-sercrc-%40-green-river-western-ky-4-25-09-a.html

xigtc 04-13-2009 12:24 PM

Sounds good! I may be able to go atleast to spectate! My truck is down and I'm building another for my sister starting this weekend.

ArcticRider 04-19-2009 03:29 PM

awesome good to know there are other people in BG
Do you know any good crawling spots?? (parks or something)
If you could share some of the locations, that would be awesome!

Tad 04-21-2009 09:39 PM

I am in Scottsville and would like to get together sometime. Just got my first crawler done and would like to test it out.

HomerJ 04-21-2009 09:42 PM

Hey, not sure where Scottsville is, but come down to Green River this weekend and crawl with us!! There is a comp there on Saturday. If you aren't up to entering just yet, at least come down and play around and hang out with us!! "thumbsup"

xigtc 04-22-2009 05:00 AM

I know where you are Tad! I rented out that away last summer. I ran my truck a couple of times on a section of rocks near Candies Campers on Scottsville Rd..

ArcticRider & I are hopefully getting together soon! Awesome to find you guys.

ArcticRider 04-26-2009 09:23 AM

yeah, good to know that there are some other guys on here from the same area.
@tc4Crawler: yeah i hope we can crawl soon. I'm currently having a bettery issue. my split pack is messing up, i believe i have 1-2 dead cells. trying to revive them somehow.
Hopefully i'll be able to get my rig up and running soon so we can crawl.

xigtc 04-26-2009 10:33 AM

Thats fine! My truck is down. Went to the comp this weekend and broke both drive shafts and destroyed the gears in my dig!

ArcticRider 04-26-2009 01:31 PM

well that sucks. I hope you had fun crawling heheh
if we go crawling i wont be able to keep up, i don't have dig , and i'm sporting the stock chassis. ohwell we'll see :)

xigtc 04-26-2009 03:02 PM

When I'm messing around I don't activate my dig! I'll keep that in mind!

Yea I had fun until coarse 2 thats when I broke! The truck is ready for comps but I've still got some driver error!

Hope you get your batteries figured out. Mine did that awhile back. I saw that it was a good time to upgrade to li-po. If you have deans battery connectors I can let you use my backup battery, when we get together!

HomerJ 04-27-2009 03:47 PM

LOL, those courses were brutal this weekend.. I know several people broke at least one thing, I saw three axleshafts on bergs alone, including one of mine :shock: It's enough that I got to looking at chromolly prices today :)

Tad 04-27-2009 09:03 PM

Wish I could have made the comp but it didn't work out.

I just threw a truck together and have never really crawled with it so i have no clue what it will honestly do but want to run with some other just to see how it does. I plan on getting the Losi truck if it ever comes out.

ArcticRider 04-28-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4crawler (Post 1761617)
When I'm messing around I don't activate my dig! I'll keep that in mind!

Yea I had fun until coarse 2 thats when I broke! The truck is ready for comps but I've still got some driver error!

Hope you get your batteries figured out. Mine did that awhile back. I saw that it was a good time to upgrade to li-po. If you have deans battery connectors I can let you use my backup battery, when we get together!

Well i've tried to get my battery going, and no luck, i just ordered a new set from tcs earlier today. Hopefully they'll come in pretty quickly.
Thanks, but i still got the tamiya plugs.

What chassis are you running?

c ya

xigtc 04-28-2009 05:23 PM

I'm running an Axial SWX chassis designed by Bender (this is his forum name)! I really like this chassis.

Well thats good. I just placed an order to TCS Saturday should be here Wed or Thursday. But I have another part that just shipped today.

If you want to run Deans I think I have enough to give you.

ArcticRider 04-29-2009 03:59 PM

I appreciate it, but thats ok.

well i'm looking at other chassis options right now. I would like something that is just a chassis swap. Meaning, i can still use my current linkages/skid/etc
Don't know if i want the TCS Edge or Eclipse. Got a thread going for that now in the AX10 section to get some input from other members.

HomerJ 04-29-2009 08:37 PM

Getting the Edge or any other tuber for that matter really dictates how you're going to spend most of your time crawling lol. If you are wanting a basher style crawler, they're perfect for that. But, if you're looking for a more competitive crawler, then I'd look into a TVP style chassis setup. The tubers tend to be more top-heavy and they don't do great in this area. Mainly because for a tuber to be setup with the intended design, they need to run droop, or at least half droop. Here in KY, we really don't benefit from a setup like that due to our terrain. If we had rocks like out west, droop would be good, but the dropoffs and jagged edges on the rocks here really don't like droop lol. Hope that helps "thumbsup"

xigtc 05-01-2009 10:05 AM

My truck is back together! Maybe we can get together next week if you get your batteries.

I've been told about a rock quarry in the area, I have not gone to check it out. I might Saturday.

Tad 05-01-2009 11:59 AM

Let me know when you guys are gonna get together. Depends on weather for next saturday. I run pulling trucks and will be in Frankfort saturday but will be free sunday.