Default November 15th, "Laurel Badlands", Laurel Lake Spillway

This months comp will be held at the Laurel Lake Spillway:

Vid of Comp Site!!!

Date: November 15th, 2009
Time:
9:30 am Course Setup
10:00 am Drivers Meeting
10:15 am Course 1 Start.

Comp will follow USRCCA Rules for 2009, if any exceptions are made they will be made apparent in the drivers meeting. We will run 3 courses, no finals course has been planned yet, but that could change in the form of a 4th course given time constraints and interest. Courses will consist of 10 gates, times per course TBA at comp (although with recent discussion, we have talked about putting them on a 5 minute limit to coincide with larger events, so prepare accordingly). Driver order will be by random drawing of poker chips, so there will be no delay in getting started. If you arrive after the initial drawing, you will be going first. You all know the routine, post up if you're in....also, there will be several people bringing scalers, so post up what you will be bringing, like a 2.2, scaler, 1.9, slash (vegas), etc.

DIRECTIONS:

There are two ways, the first is probably easier.

#1: Coming from Lexington, take I-75 down to London Exit 38, turn right onto 192, follow for roughly 15-18 miles until 192 splits off, stay left to get onto 1193, about 1 mile after the split, there will be a hard right hand curve where 1193 splits, turn left onto Dam Rd. The left will be in the middle of the hard right hand curve. Take that road all the way down for a little over a mile until you see the signs pointing left to Holly Bay Marina and the Dam. Take that left and keep going until you cross the Laurel Dam (if you miss the left turn, it goes on down to the power plant at the bottom of the Laurel Dam). Directly after you cross the dam portion but before you cross the big bridge going across the spillway, there will be a big blacktop parking lot with a gazebo. Park on the end closest to the bridge and walk down the stairs to get to the spillway underneath the bridge.

#2: Coming from Tennessee or if you just want to go a little further south, take I-75 exit 25. If you are heading south coming from Lexington on I-75, turn right onto 25E. If you are heading North coming from tennessee, turn left onto 25E. Take 25E for maybe 3 or 4 miles until you see 1193/1277 on the right. You should also see signs for Holly Bay and Grove marinas. Turn right onto 1193/1277 and follow until 1193 and 1277 split. Turn right onto 1193/Blair Memorial Hwy, follow until you reach the big bridge going over the spillway. As soon as you cross the bridge, you will see the parking area on the left. Pull in there and park on the end closest to the bridge, take the steps down to the spillway area under the bridge.

Sorry for the rough mileage figures, I don't have anything exact to go by. Either way, the signs are all clearly marked so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Head over to centralkycrawlers.com/forum and sign up to add your name to the driver list.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #2

Looking forward to it.
fastlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #3

This will be my comeback comp, Im so happy to be back in.. Good luck to everyone..
vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #4

good luck with second place. LOL:-P
Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #5

Reminder guys, comp is this Sunday. This is one of the best spots in eastern KY to crawl. Weather is looking good with only a slight chance of afternoon rain.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlosi View Post
Reminder guys, comp is this Sunday. This is one of the best spots in eastern KY to crawl. Weather is looking good with only a slight chance of afternoon rain.
well only thing that sucks for me is rc4wd is being gay and i might not get my wheels tires and leaf springs in
derekshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #7

hope it works out for you and you can attend.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlosi View Post
hope it works out for you and you can attend.

well lucky me bought another turck so will be there with one
Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #9

Should be a great time. Weather is going to be great and location is very nice too. Be safe traveling in.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
Sweet see ya Sunday.
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
and now disapointed again with no truck it didnt come in today
Old 11-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #12

Sorry to say that i missed this event. I just got into crawling and would like to watch some comps. Please keep me posted on other comps in this area.
mik3sparks is offline   Reply With Quote