Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Kentucky
Loading

Notices

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Northern Ky anyone?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #101
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: florence ky
Posts: 205
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Possibly new years day at LR
johncraddock445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Independence,KY
Posts: 299
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Awesome. It doesn't matter if its a couple people of a bunch. I just put a set of 1.55 mud slingers on and wanting to get the truck out to see how they do

Last edited by XJrob; 12-30-2014 at 05:42 PM.
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:00 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Independence,KY
Posts: 299
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

I'll be there around 1230 at lincoln ridge.
If anyone wants to go just pm me
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #104
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Erlanger
Posts: 48
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Another Nky crawler here, I go to Lincoln Ridge as often as I possibly can..usually Sunday afternoon. I finally got the chance to crawl with johncraddok445 and a few others and had a blast, I own the Poison Wraith.


krazyglu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #105
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington
Posts: 503
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the KY area and would like to get back into crawling. I have an AX10 and a couple Losi Micro Crawlers. I don't do a lot of foruming anymore, but if you all have a meetup in or around the Lexington area, shoot me a PM (I still get alerts). Would love to hang out with some fellow crawlers. I'm willing to travel a bit for hangouts too.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #106
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 157
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8695Beaters View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to the KY area and would like to get back into crawling. I have an AX10 and a couple Losi Micro Crawlers. I don't do a lot of foruming anymore, but if you all have a meetup in or around the Lexington area, shoot me a PM (I still get alerts). Would love to hang out with some fellow crawlers. I'm willing to travel a bit for hangouts too.
I'm 100% into the micro crawlers now myself. Around here I find it a better option as far as having good terrain to throw at a crawler. I have a micro ORV park in my backyard. Would be awesome to have other local micro fans to crawl with but you're like 100 miles away.
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #107
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Independence
Posts: 0
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Wow thanks to Google, I found some people who live near me that are in to the RC hobby as much as I am! Lincoln ridge park is about a 5 minute drive from me, you guys still go there daily? I live right behind the small park next to BP.
Unlimited15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:27 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Independence,KY
Posts: 299
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Well... I'm building me another truck since my boy is almost to the age of being able to play with a crawler. Hardbody yota mutt of a build in the works
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Independence,KY
Posts: 299
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Finally got this scx10 yota most of the way together. If anyone wants to get together sometime at Lincoln ridge just lmk. I need to work with the rear cantilever on this truck and repaint the body but I'm up for running it.

XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #110
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NKY
Posts: 91
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the crawling game but have had my MRC Pro for about 4 years in the closet. I recently decided to get it back out and get it together. Back when I bought it seemed like crawling was all the big rave but now that I am starting to get into it again it seems like it has died down. My parts are discontinued which is a bummer but there are still some out there.

I am really glad to see that there are a few people in my area who have posted recently (2015), hoping you guys are still active and have a club or something around here.

Care to give a newb some good places to crawl? I bought my 5 year old daughter a Teton and am now the coolest dad in the world lol.

Anyway, my rig is a Losi Mini Rock Crawler Pro, running Lipo and Novak Mongoose ESC and motor. The guy at the LHS says it's a "unicorn" being that it has about 15 minutes total run time on it lol!

Look forward to hearing from you all!
Leon Sidursky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #111
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 157
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sidursky View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to the crawling game but have had my MRC Pro for about 4 years in the closet. I recently decided to get it back out and get it together. Back when I bought it seemed like crawling was all the big rave but now that I am starting to get into it again it seems like it has died down. My parts are discontinued which is a bummer but there are still some out there.

I am really glad to see that there are a few people in my area who have posted recently (2015), hoping you guys are still active and have a club or something around here.

Care to give a newb some good places to crawl? I bought my 5 year old daughter a Teton and am now the coolest dad in the world lol.

Anyway, my rig is a Losi Mini Rock Crawler Pro, running Lipo and Novak Mongoose ESC and motor. The guy at the LHS says it's a "unicorn" being that it has about 15 minutes total run time on it lol!

Look forward to hearing from you all!
Dang I was hoping you had a micro and just called it a MRC. I got away from the 1/10 stuff and into micros myself. I have a micro ORV park right in my backyard now! Check out the FB groups "Bluegrass crawlers" and "NKY crawlers", just don't be too enthusiastic about getting out with people and actually wheeling or they'll kick you from the group. Wish I was kidding about that.
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #112
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NKY
Posts: 91
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think the micros are pretty cool, you can use anything and everything to crawl! I haven't driven a 1/10th scale before but I planned to get the Losi Comp Crawler until I learned it has been discontinued. What happened anyway? Why does it seem like it has fallen flat? All of the crawlers have been discontinued, Berg, Bully, XR10...what happened. It's a shame.

How big are the groups you mentioned? Would you care to ellaborate any on them kicking people out for wanting to meet up? If they are that I don't know that I would want to even bother with it.
Leon Sidursky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #113
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 157
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sidursky View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!

I think the micros are pretty cool, you can use anything and everything to crawl! I haven't driven a 1/10th scale before but I planned to get the Losi Comp Crawler until I learned it has been discontinued. What happened anyway? Why does it seem like it has fallen flat? All of the crawlers have been discontinued, Berg, Bully, XR10...what happened. It's a shame.

How big are the groups you mentioned? Would you care to ellaborate any on them kicking people out for wanting to meet up? If they are that I don't know that I would want to even bother with it.
Don't know about the discontinuations really, I got out of the 1/10 stuff a year or so ago. I spent $200 one day on shocks and metal driveshafts, something clicked and I realized what a ripoff that was. I don't know, I'm weird like that. Especially when nobody ever wants to run em with you. I can't imagine what they all do with their rigs, probably just shelf queens. Maybe they have a secret society or something? People from the NKY groups will chime in no doubt, call this flaming... bashing or whatever. I just call it the truth. I posted in the group regularly asking if anyone was getting out and such. Beautiful weekends would come and go, a couple would respond and always decline, nobody ever joins you, nobody ever shows up to wheel with you. One of the admins said "we're a lot more active in the winter time." Like WTF?!? lol I'm just trying to be enthusiastic and get people OUTSIDE to enjoy this shared interest you know? Next thing you know I'm booted from the group and upon questioning as to why I'm told basically I was too enthusiastic. No joke... couldn't make this s**t up. What a joke. Apparently I have a totally different concept of what a group is for? So now I run micros, got an awesome 600 member group I'm part of and my own micro mecca 3 steps out my back door. One dedicated friend that's always down to wheel, an endless supply of terrain to run and above all... endless build money. If you ever get into micros give me a shout, we can get crazy and actually meet up and use them. I know it's scary but who knows, you might actually have fun.

Last edited by fatsachs; 10-02-2015 at 09:44 PM.
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #114
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NKY
Posts: 91
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

I'm sorry to hear that man but it sounds like you are part of a pretty good group now. I have been kicking around the idea of a micro crawler, like you said you have endless build money since the parts are so much cheaper. I'll let you know if I get one I know my daughter would probably enjoy it too. She has a hard time with the speed, a crawler would be perfect for her and I could pick it relatively cheap.

Is the 600 member group local? That seems like a lot of people.
Leon Sidursky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #115
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 157
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sidursky View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man but it sounds like you are part of a pretty good group now. I have been kicking around the idea of a micro crawler, like you said you have endless build money since the parts are so much cheaper. I'll let you know if I get one I know my daughter would probably enjoy it too. She has a hard time with the speed, a crawler would be perfect for her and I could pick it relatively cheap.

Is the 600 member group local? That seems like a lot of people.
No definitely not local, that's worldwide. The micro crawler people are few and far between. I know 2 micro guys locally and thats a lot from what I understand. Only one of them runs with me currently. The other is more into 1/10 stuff and kinda dabbling right now. We run em at my backyard course, no inside stuff for us. Just say no to rugs.
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #116
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NKY
Posts: 91
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsachs View Post
Just say no to rugs.
That's pretty funny!👍🏻
Leon Sidursky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Independence,KY
Posts: 299
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

I sold that red hilux and have another truck in the works. I'll be ready to run it this week maybe next. Would like to get together with some 1.55 and 1.9 guys soon


XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #118
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NKY
Posts: 91
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

I didn't see this until just now. Wish I would have earlier though. You still wanting to run them?
Leon Sidursky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #119
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NKY
Posts: 91
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

BTW, I have a MRC Pro, not scale but I'd still like to run 'em.
Leon Sidursky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Independence,KY
Posts: 299
Default Re: Northern Ky anyone?

I'm still around...

Finishing up the blue hilux pictured above now. I usually go to Lincoln ridge and play around in the creek. (My kids love playing in the creek)

It's completely random when I get out and run and since I'm just now getting back in my battery department sucks (running cheap nimh packs for now). I work 6 usually 7 days a week so a lot of the time it's hard to make plans to crawl/trail. Also working on a small test area in my backyard for the days I can't get out
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Northern Ky anyone? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Northern Va. dorang Virginia 3 01-16-2012 08:19 AM
northern crawlinnTN Tennessee 2 08-05-2011 07:43 PM
northern az crawlers no1970ax1o Newbie General 1 12-18-2010 10:06 AM
Northern NM Tedro New Mexico 4 07-03-2010 03:34 PM
Northern CA??? Coors California 25 01-11-2009 05:12 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com