RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Kentucky (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kentucky/)
-   -   New indoor track on Louisville!!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kentucky/478988-new-indoor-track-louisville.html)

Jeff@TireBalls 01-18-2014 02:33 PM

New indoor track in Louisville!!!

I just talked to the new owner of Hobby World in Louisville. They are currently moving into a new 100' x 130' building complete with indoor offroad track and rock crawling coarse! He said they should be ready to roll in 2 weeks.
It's located somewhere off of Blankenbaker Rd.

I'm super pumped!!!! "thumbsup"

cherokee 1 01-19-2014 07:36 PM

Re: New indoor track on Louisville!!!

Thanks for the info!!!! Finally an indoor track!!!! Cant wait to run my xxx-sct . Cant wait to try out the rock crawling course..... keep me updated on the opening date. Thanks"thumbsup"

cherokee 1 01-19-2014 07:42 PM

Thanks for the info Jeff !! Glad to here about the indoor track and a rock course!! Keep me posted if you find out when they open. Thanks

suthrnwolf 01-20-2014 08:40 PM

That's great. Is there a crawler club in Louisville?

Jeff@TireBalls 01-20-2014 08:48 PM

Nothing official that I'm aware of. Myself and 5 of my friends get together whenever possible.

barrybelvedere 01-23-2014 06:46 PM

yeah...Louisville crawlers club.

cherokee 1 01-25-2014 05:07 PM

Found out today that the new shop will open February 1st and racing will start February 15th.

Crawl in Az 01-25-2014 05:21 PM

Very cool to hear! I'm currently in Az but may relocate come summer, will have to check this out.

4-D 01-27-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff@TireBalls (Post 4634081)
I just talked to the new owner of Hobby World in Louisville. They are currently moving into a new 100' x 130' building complete with indoor offroad track and rock crawling coarse! He said they should be ready to roll in 2 weeks.
It's located somewhere off of Blankenbaker Rd.

I'm super pumped!!!! "thumbsup"

I talked to him about 2 weeks ago n said they were in the process

Jeff@TireBalls 02-06-2014 01:59 PM

Any updates?

barrybelvedere 02-06-2014 06:55 PM

Here are a couple pics from a few nights ago...forget i said anything... cant get pics to download

Kypilot 02-07-2014 05:03 PM

I have been trying to call but the old number isn't working. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Hobby World? I am dying to find out when they are going to be open.

barrybelvedere 02-10-2014 06:10 PM

you can show up at the new building...but there is alot of work to do yet.

barrybelvedere 02-13-2014 10:37 AM

Ok... Right now the race track and the hobby store are coming along as fast as they can get it done. The dirt/clay is inside but not shaped, the lights are being replaced so its brighter inside, the hobby store is like 75% finished, The pit tables are built, The rock for the crawlers is not even been hauled to the property yet. They are waiting for the permit to build the drivers stand. Jimmy V. and Lucas are doing a great job at making it happen. So more time is needed to get this thing going. 2/13/2014

Jeff@TireBalls 02-13-2014 10:49 AM

That's great news Barry!!!

Jeff@TireBalls 02-28-2014 02:48 PM

Any updates?

Jeff@TireBalls 03-01-2014 06:26 PM

I went and checked out the track today and it was open for practice. The grand opening race is supposed to be the 22nd.
The rock coarse is supposed to be started on next week but will be outside.

barrybelvedere 03-03-2014 09:24 AM

Yeah...ok....so the rock IS going to be OUTSIDE in the back lot of the track. Yesterday Chris, Crazycrawler and I have arranged a plan for the rock to start showing up. We will be getting the rock from Crazycrawlers shop. Also the back lot is still covered in muddy clay from constructing the track, so it needs to be sprayed off or it will be too messy to get anything done. Also the rock that is there already needs to be sprayed off so its mostly clean so when we move it around we do not get covered in mud. It would be nice if anybody who has the ability to build some stick bridges and cable for the cable bridges before we get the rock placed will help alot, and it makes it more interesting. Oh and by the way they dude.... they are courses not coarses

Jeff@TireBalls 03-03-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrybelvedere (Post 4694193)
Oh and by the way they dude.... they are courses not coarses

" Oh and by the way they dude"

My bad, I'm just an under educated Kentucky boy.

barrybelvedere 03-03-2014 10:48 AM

Its all good...was an honest mistake"thumbsup"