RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Kentucky (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kentucky/)
-   -   Anyone in Louisville area (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kentucky/65240-anyone-louisville-area.html)

mavicracer 03-21-2007 07:16 AM

Anyone in Louisville area

Hey guys, I am not sure if this is the place to post this, but I live in louisville ky and was wondering if there are any crawlers in this area. I am building up my first tuber, but do not know anyone in the area with a crawler. I know that there are a couple in indiana. not really that interested in comps as of yet. thanks for your help.
Steve

freetimecrawler 03-21-2007 07:19 AM

Check out the Get Together section. Thats probably where this should be.

DrexeL 03-21-2007 04:48 PM

I'm in Kentucky...there's a few of us. I just scouted out the Red River Gorge and found some cool stuff. I put it here in the get togethers section.

The Tri State Crawlers have get togethers here every once in awhile. There's also a club for south east crawlers, SERCC I think. They have a website somewhere.

Do you have any good spots over around TheVille?:lol:

The best place here in KY is probably Green River...just do a search for "green river" and you'll find boatloads of photos and videos.

mavicracer 03-22-2007 07:43 AM

around here I have a few small places. There is a nice quarry a few miles from my hous, but access is a bit sketchy. I also live near cherokee park, which has a lot of potential crawling spots and a good creek taht gets low in the summer. still building my first rig, so I will have more info on what spots are good in about a month.

clreffett 03-24-2007 11:20 PM

im in Mt. Sterling Ky. were trying to find a great place to crawl

hairba11 03-29-2007 09:55 PM

I'm in seymour IN 50 miles north.

jcnalley 01-10-2008 05:19 AM

I'm in Henderson,Ky.

GreenRiver 01-10-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clreffett (Post 644277)
im in Mt. Sterling Ky. were trying to find a great place to crawl

Have you tried Gwynn Island? Anywhere on Lake Herrington is a good spot really... over on west side of the lake.

TwistedCreations 01-10-2008 10:19 AM

a member of TSC lives in Clarksville,IN.(Muskrat) and TSC will be going to FOTO on Feb. 3rd(as long as water levels are fine). You mention your not into comps yet, but you still should come and check it out "thumbsup"

Also you have guys from SIRCC in this area as well. SERCRC also runs Ky, but I think most of their members are further south

www.Tri-StateCrawlers.com

www.sircc.org

www.sercrc.com

Highmark 01-10-2008 08:31 PM

I'm a Louisvillian' now.

I saw some dude in my Anthropology class with a Tri-State hoodie too, so there has to be at least one more. :lol:

TwistedCreations 01-10-2008 08:37 PM

Ahh, still in college there? got your trucks with ya?

If you seen the hoodie, that was probably Tim then "thumbsup"

redbaron 01-10-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedCreations (Post 1000633)
Also you have guys from SIRCC in this area as well. SERCRC also runs Ky, but I think most of their members are further south

www.sircc.org

Thanks TC! SIRCC should be at FOTO on Feb. 3rd!!

TwistedCreations 01-10-2008 10:36 PM

Not a problem"thumbsup"

Hope to see you guys there. Just hope the river allows us this time :D

Highmark 01-10-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedCreations (Post 1001629)
Ahh, still in college there? got your trucks with ya?

If you seen the hoodie, that was probably Tim then "thumbsup"

Yep, they let me stay. I have half way started projects like I always have ... maybe this summer I can throw something together.

That's cool, the hoodie was easy enough to spot, I almost flipped.

TwistedCreations 01-10-2008 10:57 PM

Yeah, you will have to make it out to FOTO or Markland.. I still need to check out Markland to be sure. I am only going off of heresay on that location.

Glad the hoodies stand out :D:D

mavicracer 01-11-2008 07:30 PM

A buddy that I got into crawling and I are planning on coming out on the 3rd. We both have supers. Not sure if we/I will compete or not, but I will bring my rig. I actually just finished redoing it, so maybe I could get some seasoned veteran's insight and opinions then. See you guys on the 3rd.
Steve"thumbsup"

GreenRiver 01-11-2008 11:17 PM

What's Foto? Where's Foto?

mavicracer 01-12-2008 08:43 AM

It is the Falls of the Ohio. it is a park just across the river from louisville, just below the dam.

GreenRiver 01-12-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavicracer (Post 1003662)
It is the Falls of the Ohio. it is a park just across the river from louisville, just below the dam.

lol, I get it now. I've heard of the Falls.8)

onebadtj 01-27-2008 05:43 AM

You have to go check out the Falls of the Ohio. You can play for days on the rocks there.

Go to this site to check water levels: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrog...ew=1,1,1,1,1,1

Anything under 27' is ok. Under 10' is even better.

We have found a few spots in Cherokee Park that will work for a few hours of play.

We have a group of three of use that go to the FOTO every once in a while (When I'm not working on or wheeling my 1:1) and I'll try to remember to shoot you a line the next time we head that way.

DE

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...j/IMG_0095.jpg