RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Kyosho Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kyosho-crawlers/)
-   -   HOP-UPS are coming! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kyosho-crawlers/147628-hop-ups-coming.html)

goobs 12-04-2008 08:40 PM

HOP-UPS are coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaji1SjO-Gg
http://www.rctrax.net/crawler8.html

aluminum: high clearance links, 4-link mnts front and rear, lower shock mnts.
sweet!

dezmoon 12-04-2008 09:52 PM

nice to see the after market parts are starting.....

TURTLE 12-05-2008 01:09 AM

HA man those tires really suck!:lol:

But ... aftermarket is good. yeah!"thumbsup"

highhpcummins 12-05-2008 10:25 AM

yes, they should have ran the rock claws.

Unimog 12-12-2008 08:56 AM

So the RF costs tons of money more than, say, an AX10 ARTR
and you need new rims/wheels anyway.
Sounds like a not-too-good starting -point for someone who wants to customize his car.
Or am I too mistaken?

Dewmerz 12-12-2008 09:23 AM

For those that just had to have the axles first it is expensive. Hopefully in the future axle kits will be available so others don't have to fill up their trash can immediately. :-P

dezmoon 12-12-2008 10:38 AM

axle kits will be available in jan 09,,,

Harley 12-12-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezmoon (Post 1470925)
axle kits will be available in jan 09,,,

Last I heard that was just hear-say. I had also heard that distributors hadn't heard anything more than the possibility of them sometime in the first half of 2009.

killjoyken 12-12-2008 12:13 PM

Hey what did you expect from all-mighty Kyosho. Now bend over and take it. "oh, you need a part?" Be prepared to mortgage your home and wait 3 months. I figured after they hired Gil Losi, Jr that things would change. Guess not.

That said, just wait for the axle kits (if they offer them as a kit). If you're looking to make a comp crawler you'll just toss half the kit. Jeez, you can't even use the stock body. And remember kids, these axles will do something Losi's can't: FREEWHEEL. "thumbsup"

dkingston 12-12-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoyken (Post 1471072)
Hey what did you expect from all-mighty Kyosho. Now bend over and take it. "oh, you need a part?" Be prepared to mortgage your home and wait 3 months. I figured after they hired Gil Losi, Jr that things would change. Guess not.

That said, just wait for the axle kits (if they offer them as a kit). If you're looking to make a comp crawler you'll just toss half the kit. Jeez, you can't even use the stock body. And remember kids, these axles will do something Losi's can't: FREEWHEEL. "thumbsup"

Parts are in stock, even at places like Stormer Hobbies and have been for a couple weeks.

January is the word on the axle kits from everything I have been told.

PINKY 12-12-2008 01:02 PM

DK....will HRP be getting the " option " parts ?

dkingston 12-12-2008 01:39 PM

Yes. I understand the dig and high speed gears came through customs and should be at Kyosho America today (?).

I would look for them at HRP middle of next week.

Dewmerz 12-12-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkingston (Post 1471123)
Parts are in stock, even at places like Stormer Hobbies and have been for a couple weeks.

Any word on what the axle kits are going to cost once available?

Good to hear the high speed gears are close to being available for purchase.

dkingston 12-12-2008 03:12 PM

I am not sure what the axle kits will sell for. When I hear anything I will post it here.

killjoyken 12-12-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkingston (Post 1471123)

Ummm...the parts they have in stock are the parts I already have since they came with the kit. Releasing the kit without the two most important hop-ups was a mistake. I just hope you're right about the parts finally coming in. My RF is starting to collect dust.

Even with all the faults of the kit, I will still say that these axles are the shiznit. "thumbsup"

dkingston 12-12-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoyken (Post 1471540)
Ummm...the parts they have in stock are the parts I already have since they came with the kit. Releasing the kit without the two most important hop-ups was a mistake. I just hope you're right about the parts finally coming in. My RF is starting to collect dust.

Even with all the faults of the kit, I will still say that these axles are the shiznit. "thumbsup"

Ken,

Call customer service at (800) 716-4518 on Monday. They are expecting your call and will sell you a setup and get them to you ASAP. Hopefully you can get them in time to comp next weekend or just test them out!

Please feel free to email or PM me if you have any difficulty in getting them. I will do what I can to take care of business.

- David

killjoyken 12-12-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkingston (Post 1471629)
Ken,

Call customer service at (800) 716-4518 on Monday. They are expecting your call and will sell you a setup and get them to you ASAP. Hopefully you can get them in time to comp next weekend or just test them out!

Please feel free to email or PM me if you have any difficulty in getting them. I will do what I can to take care of business.

- David

Wow David, all I can say is, "thank you". "thumbsup"

dkingston 12-13-2008 08:19 AM

Kyosho International had a long standing relationship with a major distributor here in the US some years back. At that time, inventories were slim, delivery was sketchy and it tainted the Kyosho name in may LHS's eyes.

Since the breakup of that relationship and the establishment of Kyosho America there has been a concerted effort to live that reputation down. To this day, I hear LHS's claim that they "cannot get parts" or "nobody distributes Kyosho" and it just isn't true.

The relationship that Kyosho had with their US distributor was responsible for the reputation and I do no blame the LHS's at all for how they feel. I am just trying to let then know (through the customers) that they ARE a service organization. Not perfect, but trying very hard to live down the stereotypes of the past.

- David

quickster47 12-15-2008 06:12 PM

David,

Could you please post the part numbers for the dig and high speed gears? This would help us all in trying to locate them at dealers and on the Internet.

Thanks much,

Carl

dkingston 12-15-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickster47 (Post 1476854)
David,

Could you please post the part numbers for the dig and high speed gears? This would help us all in trying to locate them at dealers and on the Internet.

Thanks much,

Carl

Kyosho Rock Force Option Parts

RFW001 - Dig Linkage
RFW002 - High Speed Worm Gears

Front Spring Selection:
RFW003 - 1209 Soft White 2pc. (Length 64mm / Gauge 0.9)
RFO13 - 1210 (Stock) Medium Black 2pc. (Length 64mm / Gauge 1.0)
RFW003 - 1211 Hard Yellow 2pc. (Length 64mm / Gauge 1.1)

Rear Spring Selection:
RFW004 - 1609 Soft White 2pc. (Length 76mm / Gauge 0.9)
RF014 - 1610 (Stock) Medium Black 2pc. (Length 76mm / Gauge 1.0)
RFW004 - 1611 Hard Yellow 2pc. (Length 76mm / Gauge 1.1)

RFT001 - 2.2 Tires (Outside Diameter: 120mm With: 56mm)

Spur Gear
UM412 78 Tooth
UM407 82 Tooth
UM316 86 Tooth (Kit Standard)

Killjoyken,

If you are the one who called Kyosho America this morning and told the parts were not in stock, you have my apology. Please call that number back and dial extension 227 which is Steve Pond Marketing Director. He knows what is going on and will hook you up.

If you get his voice mail, please leave a message. He is on top of it.

Like I said before the parts came in at the end of the day on Friday and weren't put in the system yet when you called.

- David