Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Kyosho FO-XX VE questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Kyosho FO-XX VE questions

First let me apologize for another thread on this truck. I want to buy one badly but I am not able to find many parts for these.. Is it a truck that just didn't take off and nobody is stocking parts or are they discontinuing it. I know it's basically a Mad Force but, I can't even find the stock tires for the FO-XX. Please someone chime in and tell me where parts are.. I've tried Google, Ebay, Kyosho America, all of the online stores I know of. Also, I did find some stuff but it's all out of stock when I do find something.
Tommy23490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Kyosho FO-XX VE questions

What is it you want parts or the truck? The diffs are 1/8 scale buggy and yes it's mad force compatible. As far as aftermarket you are pretty much out of luck beside supershafty. I have 4 trucks with mf axles and most of the stuff is home built except for the supershafty shark fin and spools. Drivetrain are pretty stout if kept at 4s and under. I have ran 6s but it's hard to handle. I just searched ebay and there are 9 U.S. listings and about 35 foreign listings. If looking for mods search Mad force more results.
vwmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

This is why I have yet to buy one of these rigs...would be nice if a few aftermarket companies would take interest in Kyosho...imagine a blinded out blizzard, but I think it may be a lost cause. Break out the mill and the Dremel!
Creepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmopar View Post
What is it you want parts or the truck? The diffs are 1/8 scale buggy and yes it's mad force compatible. As far as aftermarket you are pretty much out of luck beside supershafty. I have 4 trucks with mf axles and most of the stuff is home built except for the supershafty shark fin and spools. Drivetrain are pretty stout if kept at 4s and under. I have ran 6s but it's hard to handle. I just searched ebay and there are 9 U.S. listings and about 35 foreign listings. If looking for mods search Mad force more results.
I want to buy the truck.. I just want to be able to get parts for it if something breaks. I was just wondering if there's any aftermarket for them.. Tower and Amain do not carry anything for them and they sell the trucks.. Thanks for your input.. I'll just keep looking..
Old 11-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

Is it your first rc? Ebay has loads of parts just don't know how long that source will last for parts. The mad force is by far my favorite rc but parts can be hard to find.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:07 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Is it your first rc? Ebay has loads of parts just don't know how long that source will last for parts. The mad force is by far my favorite rc but parts can be hard to find.
No it's not my first RC.. I've been in it for over 20 years.. I know ebay has a few parts.. I'm looking for aftermarket parts and wondering if it's something that is going to be discontinued.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
Gold Star Baby!

Not much out there supershafty, thundertech racing, some old new era model stuff thats about it. Stock axles hold up to just about anything except trees and cars.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:20 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Not much out there supershafty, thundertech racing, some old new era model stuff thats about it. Stock axles hold up to just about anything except trees and cars.
Thanks.. I've found everything I needed and ordered the truck..
Old 12-09-2015, 05:30 AM   #9

Even here in japan parts can be hard to find. Was going to get my son a kyosho madbug.
But most of the rc shops here have no parts in stock. order only, dont know how long it will take.
I was thinking about the FO-XX too. its easier to send away for axial parts than get what kyosho
parts I am looking for here. (quicker too)
monchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #10

They are awesome rigs, I love mine. You won't need parts as much as you think. I've driven it like I stole it for 5 months now and the only damage I've done is I snapped the rear driveshaft on a bad landing from a huge jump. Replace all the hardware ASAP with self-locking nuts and it will run forever. A few suggested mods:

Move the batteries over the front axle.

And the electronics box over the rear.

Also, fill the diffs with grease to get a better limited slip function.

- Flash
flash550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:37 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

If you want a better limited slip you should fill the diffs with silicone oil. I filled them on my Mad Force with 60.000wt oil
Tzicul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzicul View Post
If you want a better limited slip you should fill the diffs with silicone oil. I filled them on my Mad Force with 60.000wt oil
I put 500,000 in mine.. Love it so far and ditched the Kyosho battery holders and put two Axial Wraith battery holders on it instead.. Much better.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:08 AM   #13

RC4WD have also started to manufacture some of their upgrades again.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
luminova11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #14
I joined the Band!

You can modify the axles also. I will be installing some that will be using a 4 link so that the suspension works better. I also will be using a 2 speed Summit transmission that has the LEM dog carrier installed. I also after getting the system working build a carbon fiber chassis so that it's clean and light weight. the wheelbase will be longer and narrower also.

The 1/8 TLR shocks will be used. I will be doing what Flash550 did with the lipos also. The servo will be mounted to the axle for the steering also.

Last edited by twissted; 09-12-2016 at 08:03 PM.
twissted is offline   Reply With Quote

Kyosho FO-XX VE questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Blizzard potential buyer questions Nickle Non Crawler RC's 16 01-13-2016 01:24 AM
Vintage kyosho Le Mans motor questions... John? Eddie? Calderwood Electronics 11 08-19-2013 08:06 PM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM