Notices

Thread: SuperShafty - Start Making Kyosho Parts Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2017, 10:58 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: SuperShafty - Start Making Kyosho Parts Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawback View Post
Just saw a guy doing the kyosho axle lock out and other mods on youtube, said to contact him for interest and he already did a few sets, also 4 link stuff

https://youtu.be/aP3Gw5vOBtg
Cool vid. Nice to see how it is done but that was Jan 5, 2013.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Hmm I just noticed that, oh well I gess nobody at the time contacted him.

It says to contact him on his second video with link mounts.

I think I will buy a lathe for Christmas and just make a few sets myself. (not for sale)

I will however do it totaly different, than the units show. No internal boring, and 2 fullsize skateboard bearing from the outside with an external retainer.

Way simpler to do all the work from the outside IMO, and the skate size roller bearing should be stronger just based on size, and more room for the retainer to clear the 17mm hubs.

skate 8x22x7mm wide vs 8x16x5mm wide

Again i dont plan on selling them if I ever do get the lathe, unless SS never ends up re-releases his units ever again, also is there actually a profit to be made?
sawback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawback View Post
Hmm I just noticed that, oh well I gess nobody at the time contacted him.

It says to contact him on his second video with link mounts.

I think I will buy a lathe for Christmas and just make a few sets myself. (not for sale)

I will however do it totaly different, than the units show. No internal boring, and 2 fullsize skateboard bearing from the outside with an external retainer.

Way simpler to do all the work from the outside IMO, and the skate size roller bearing should be stronger just based on size, and more room for the retainer to clear the 17mm hubs.

skate 8x22x7mm wide vs 8x16x5mm wide

Again i dont plan on selling them if I ever do get the lathe, unless SS never ends up re-releases his units ever again, also is there actually a profit to be made?
The vid was old enough that I didn't see his additional vids. I'll look again. Thanks for that FYI.

Sounds like a beefier setup. Unfortunately I can't picture what your going to do. Probably why I am not a machinist or a fabricator. Look forward to what you come up with.

I am trying to figure out a truss that I can use on a center, offset or two long sides in case I want to go wide for bigger scale builds.

Since SS is no longer the Kyosho stuff is long gone IMO. I mad lucky enough to have found the SS lockouts. If I were matching some I personally wouldn't do them in Delrin but aluminum. Where they are the chance of them hanging up on the rocks is almost nonexistent. For a basher the Alum would help with the strength of course.

Profit? Unless you made a ton and had the customer base I doubt they would be profitable.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote