Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Mad Force Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #1

Default Mad Force Tires

I just bought some axle parts and am going to build my first crawler or a scale monster truck...probably both. I'm doing research on both options and have a question about the monster truck tires. I know that original Mad Force tires are the same tires used on the Kyosho USA-1 Nitro Crusher. I also know that the original type wheels are still available. The tires that fit them are the same size as the clodbuster tires. I have not found info on the following:

1) What size are the new Mad Force Kruiser tires? and wheels? I assume they run 17mm hex, vs the old wheels which are 14 or 19mm, but what about diameter and width?
2) What tires would be best for heavy bashing and messing around? I am really hard on all my RC toys and always run an overgeared and overpowered setup. I'm assuming my options are the new Mad Force Kruiser tires, Clod Buster tires, or one of the 3 or 4 RC4WD Clod tires. I want scale Monster Truck looks that won't rip off the wheel and balloon like crazy. Strictly durability here.
3) Are any, or both, of the wheel/tire options interchangeable? I mean what are the wheel and tire options for any of the above options? Kyosho sucks at providing this info.

Sorry it's not strictly a crawler question, but you guys here know your $hit. Thanks ahead of time!
undercoveraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
SuperShafty.com

Default Re: Mad Force Tires

hey dude. ill give this a shot at the first answer.

if you are a prure basher, and hard on the rig i would stick with the stock wheels or tires. going bigger could work, like getting the proline 40 series trenchers, but you will probably break more since they are bigger/heavier. you could go with a 3.3 series tire/wheel combo. like the truggys use. and they are lightest and still have a good tire selection. if i was a pure basher i would go with them, they are light and easiest to find. they might not look the most scale but can work.

you can also check out supershafty.com. he is an ofna dealer and has wheels and tires that can work with the twin force. they look more scale and use the clod style rims.

stay tuned for the other guys answers.
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

more info about fitting clod tires here (click the link):
Clod rims on a Twin Force?

mad force kruiser ve rims uses 19mm hubs...

i can get stock tire diameter and width measurements for you tomorrow if you need...

as for clod-sized tires, they will fit...even with supershafty's 12mm hex adaptors, the stock clod rims wont work...the offset wont clear the knuckles when it turns...need to use ofna monster pirate rims...use some 1/8 buggy 17mm hub adaptors, and they can be bolted onto the stock stub axle...i didnt care for the slop that this setup had, so i used some ofna lx2e stub axles which were a better fit for the 17mm adaptors...the monster pirate rims have lots of offset, so it'll clear the knuckles...this setup makes it pretty wide though...but, to me, it doesnt looks out of proportion...

here's what mine looks like, next to a clod...

nosyajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

For 2.6" options Orginal MadForce rims KYOMA026 will fit if you're willing to shave the knuckles for some clearance, MegaForce KYOMT004 Rims will clear knuckles by far but i think they're rare ? ( i've only seen one set and i bought it ) I've got a set of RC4WD B&H's on MF rims and they are Great but the rubber compound is a lot softer compared to orginal KYOMA027's

For new MadForce 3.2 rims You have wider tire selection but they are noticeably smaller than available 2.6's. If You overpower Your truck I would rule out 12-14mm hexes because they tend to strip unless You have aluminium rims.
CheapTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #5

Thanks guys! That cleared up a lot. I'm not a fan of 3.2 tires, so that rules out the newer Mad Force tires. Of the 2.6 tires that are still in production, are the Clod tires my best bet for durability?

Last edited by undercoveraddict; 04-29-2013 at 08:15 PM.
undercoveraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Best durability, Maximizer beadlocks. 17mm hex and a couple offsets to pick from. You have by far the best selection with 3.2 tires (which is the stock tire size) MJ's suggestion of using Truggy wheels and tires is a good one too. Very light and incredibly durable.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
SuperShafty.com

i did something write!!!!!

;)
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
i did something write!!!!!

;)
No, right
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #9

Hey All,
I'm having some trouble figuring out which wheel/tire combination will work on the Kyosho USA-1 Nitro Crusher. I have read a lot of conflicting information, and I don't want to buy the wrong ones. Will the stock Mad Force wheels fit the USA-1 without modification? I'd really appreciate it if someone with the experience can post some options for the USA-1, even if they are long discontinued...I need to at least know what to search for on eBay!

Thank you!
vintageKyoshoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

USA-1 Wheels are part no: DA-28 and they don't have hexes so mad force wheels as such are out of the question. That's all i have, sorry. try RCMT.net forum those Guys are all about MonsterTrucks
Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #11

I've read that the Kyosho MEGA Force has the same wheel size. Any experience with that truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapTwin View Post
USA-1 Wheels are part no: DA-28 and they don't have hexes so mad force wheels as such are out of the question. That's all i have, sorry. try RCMT.net forum those Guys are all about MonsterTrucks
Old 04-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Mega Force has 2.6" wheels yes. but they mount by 19 mm hexes too
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Stock MF and TF wheels are 3.2 with 19mm hex adapter with 14mm hex under that on the stub. Any T-Maxx wheel tire will work. 17mm is an easy mod even with stock stubs. The monster truck selection is a lot slimmer that way though. Go 4" wheel with 17mm, more tires.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Got My MA027 cut & shuts finished, a bit over two hours per tire, not going to do a similar set EVER again.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Got My MA027 cut & shuts finished, a bit over two hours per tire, not going to do a similar set EVER again.

You wouldn't build me a set if I begged you ?

Seriously ?????

LMK

Regards Rick
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Send me some rubber I'll build you some tars.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:06 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Sorry Rick but I couldn't let them go after finnishing... So I guess Bart Above is You best bet, cutting and gluing's not a problem it's the clipping and shaving that gets boooring
Old 01-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sorry Rick but I couldn't let them go after finnishing... So I guess Bart Above is You best bet, cutting and gluing's not a problem it's the clipping and shaving that gets boooring
I was just joking with ya...........

But they are super cool looking!!!!

Regards Rick
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #19

I know this is an old thread, but I am back stuck on the same issue. Bart bender, it sounds like you have the answer but I'm afraid I need a little clarification...I have a new-built USA-1 Nitro Crusher without any wheels/tires. I don't need originals, but would like to be able to buy an extra set for bashing. Any guidance appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
Stock MF and TF wheels are 3.2 with 19mm hex adapter with 14mm hex under that on the stub. Any T-Maxx wheel tire will work. 17mm is an easy mod even with stock stubs. The monster truck selection is a lot slimmer that way though. Go 4" wheel with 17mm, more tires.

Mad Force Tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between X-factor, Twin Force and Mad Force axles Flatty XTM Crawler 1 09-11-2008 05:48 PM
Savage wheels and tires on Mad Force for $6 Cutter Tires and Wheels 7 09-20-2004 10:52 AM