Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Front Driveshaft Binding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Front Driveshaft Binding

Curious if anyone else has had this problem. When I turn to the left to "lock" and give it some throttle, the front "drivers" side dog bone will pop out of the outer "cup", and bind the steering.

I plan on putting either a small piece of foam, or a small spring at the differential side of the dogbone to gently push it out towards the outer "cup" hopefully thus eliminating this.

BTW the steering is set up exactly like the book calls for, and I'm running a Bluebird servo and TQ3. I have the materials to put the servos on the axles (front and rear) Just curious if anyone has had the same problem? If so, what did you do to correct it? I've already reduced the throw from the servo to help for now.
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 AM   #2
TEAM MODERATOR

That sounds odd. I'm running a 1/4 scale servo and I can turn lock to lock without any axle binding in the stub axle. Is it the short side or long side axle thats binding?
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

It was long side, but I broke the housing this weekend, so I waiting for Tower hobbies to get them in stock, then I'm going to buy a few spares.

It seemed like the dogbone was allowed to move too far inside, causing it to pop out of the front stub axle when at lock.

Last edited by snakeman; 03-27-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Scratch that, Tower is taking forever. I hooked up with a buddy, and he did a CAD drawing up on the hub carriers, So its off to the machine shop, to see if I can have some metal ones made. Made a few adjustments to thicknesses and will add a few gussets too!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Do you have a picture of the cup? On the old axles I'm pretty sure I remember a problem with the drive cups on the axle stubs not being long enough. I swear extended cup style axle stubs were hopup on my old Mad Force.
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:42 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I can get one. Never uploaded to post though. That might take a bit.

I'll try and get one tomorrow. They semed pretty deep, and the right side doesn't even come close.

--edit--

I was also told if anyone wants the cad drawing, let me know, and I will get a copy of it to you, or post it here.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:19 AM   #7

Default Re: Front Driveshaft Binding

I only had this problem after i had modded the steering. Stock there should be no problems at all. Eventually i purchased a set of GPM Steel Front Universal Swing Shaft (45mm) and have no problems.
Bullyboy is offline   Reply With Quote