Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: new kyosho rock crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #61
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
Again, there's always that one guy who can turn such a positive into a negative.
agreed
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
nearly two years later? and to answer your question, GM, RC4wd, i can go on if you like? many of which specs and sneak peaks release as early as the sketching/design phase.
We show pics of our parts when they are still in the design stages. We are NOT Kyosho and we WILL abide by their wishes. Don't shoot the messenger.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #63
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i may have been miss leading. im not mad at you guys, im frustrated at kyosho. even a simple "hey folks weve got a new rock crawler chassis on the horizon" press release would have been a start. maybe even a sketch/rendering attached with it.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i may have been miss leading. im not mad at you guys, im frustrated at kyosho. even a simple "hey folks weve got a new rock crawler chassis on the horizon" press release would have been a start. maybe even a sketch/rendering attached with it.
Honestly, is a double edged sword. There are people like you that see things early and understand it is going to be months, or even longer, before it actually hits the shelves. Then there are the other 90% of people that the minute you post something they are asking "when will it be available, and how much" We have already received e-mails asking us those questions, and this has only been on here since this morning.

I'll be glad to forward all of those requests to you if you like.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #65
~THE SCALE SHOP~

valid point.
i have been patintly awaiting my '09 camaro for two years already. less than 360 days left now....

sure go ahead and forward those requests to my email badger@rcc.com
Old 10-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It may be hard to understand Kyosho's actions. Bringing this crawler to the Japan hobby show is kind of like RCP and rc4wd showing their cad drawings in the design stage. It's Kyosho's way of showing their "hand" sort of speak on what their working on. This rig is just a very rough prototype. It was put together very recently. The production model may very well be much different than what you see here. Seeing this truck at a hobby show, may have mislead you to believe the productioin version is right around the corner. Think of it as a sneak peak of what there working on and to let you know Kyosho is involved in building crawling trucks. That is the message they're trying to disclose by bringing it to the Japan show.

They really are great people to work with and manufacture some of the highest quality products in the market.

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 10-12-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
sure go ahead and forward those requests to my email badger@rcc.com
The're on the way.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Ahhhhhh, inquiring minds want to know....
Although inquiring minds have no patience
None the less, it will be a nice truck if its ever produced, John is right about thier (Kyosho) craftmanship, top notch, always have been!
~John
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #69
RCC Addict

my 2 cents, if anyone gives a crap-

when i first saw the pics of the kyosho crawler in this post, i knew it was nowhere near a finished, ready for the shelves product.

if you have ever been to the detroit auto show, or henry ford museum, you will see hundreds of concept cars/prototypes that will NEVER see the light of day. does that mean that manufacturers should not show them at a trade show? absolutely not! that's part of what trade shows are for. to show the public that you are working on new ideas and the latest trends in your field. which happens to be rock crawling for kyosho. finished or not, i'm glad they are showing what they are up to.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #70
~THE SCALE SHOP~

and i guess you were right, above, some people understand that like we do. some assume it means they can order it now lol.

ironically most of this thread has been about the axles, but my favorite part of the truck is actually the center section/ main chassis. i really like what theyve done there. functional, and very pleasing to the eye. and for rig i assumed aimed at the comp & leasuer crawler crowd. i think it has a bit of scale (moon buggy) look to it.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
my 2 cents, if anyone gives a crap
I do....
Old 10-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
They really are great people to work with and manufacture some of the highest quality products in the market.
That is an understatement.

If Kyosho is building something , IT WILL be good. I don't think that company has designed a flop yet.

Being in with the race scene you can't deny that they are on top of the food chain. (look at there champion winnings and all there drivers.)

This will turn out like the high-lift . People will see now say oo wow its cool. Then more info will be "leaked" and some people will say wow that is a lot for what I have built already . Then when it does come out , Everyone associated with the crawling world will be hooked and want to customize there own way.

I don't see this contraption being released until next year the earliest.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
I do....
you are killing me, john!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
ironically most of this thread has been about the axles, but my favorite part of the truck is actually the center section/ main chassis. i really like what theyve done there. functional, and very pleasing to the eye. and for rig i assumed aimed at the comp & leasuer crawler crowd. i think it has a bit of scale (moon buggy) look to it.
the whole thing looks interesting to me. it will be a win/win for everyone. either you will buy the kit and mod it to your liking, or buy the kit and pirate the parts, or you will buy the kit, throw a battery in it and have a blast! we could be getting new trans, drive shafts, wheels, tires, axles, to choose from for custom builds.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
you are killing me, john!
Thats right, a CARE BEAR, because, well, I care!
~John
Old 10-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
the whole thing looks interesting to me. it will be a win/win for everyone. either you will buy the kit and mod it to your liking, or buy the kit and pirate the parts, or you will buy the kit, throw a battery in it and have a blast! we could be getting new trans, drive shafts, wheels, tires, axles, to choose from for custom builds.
Oh yeah.... MORE PARTS...
We'll see what they plan on doing... I'm curious to see what becomes of this "Prototype" crawler
~John
Old 10-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #77
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
amen, im particularly interested in those driveshafts, i know how beat up and notched my old assosiated drive cups got with the metal dog bones beating on them, but the driveshaft scopes so it wouldnt be in the same spot all the time, only time will tell
Old 10-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #78
PapaGriz Yo

The "body" does not meet either the body or the tube chassis USRCCA rules.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #79
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
The "body" does not meet either the body or the tube chassis USRCCA rules.
And it's butt ugly.

What I want to know is why Kyosho ditched the TF chaindrive tranny for a 2 speed..:-(

Edit:

where do I sign up for the preorder?

Last edited by ThinkTank; 10-12-2007 at 03:56 PM.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

When does it come out? How much will it be? Can I buy one now?
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote