www.rcalloys.com
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

have sent them an e-mail
jimbobmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:21 AM   #4
TEAM MODERATOR

I was gonna say RC Alloys but Jeremy already did. Most of my stuff has come out of www.myowngarage.com

What kinda parts you needing? That might help to see what parts might be interchangable with other models. There are quite a few,it just depends what your needing. Others will need to be custom built or parts from something else modded to fit the Twin.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

im looking for 8 links and 2 servo plates that will fit onto the axle this will be all i need making so i can turn it into a crawler
Old 05-09-2005, 10:47 AM   #6
TEAM MODERATOR

Well,the links can be easily made. Get some 6.8 Kyosho ball ends,8-32 all thread and 1/4" brake line. Cut the brakeline to your desired WB(minus 1") ,cut the all thread so 1/2" or so sticks out both ends and screw the ball ends on the all thread.

There ya go,cheap and easy links.

For the servo mounts,I made mine. Since I wasn't using the factory 2 link arms I used them. Cut the arm down to the desired length,slide on the axle and drill holes to hold them in place with screws. Then drill holes for the servo and mounts it up. After that,build your steering links the same as your suspention links.

It's kinda hard to see in these pics but you might get the idea a little better.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

can get the links of rcalloy.com

just i ent got the skills/equipment to build da servo mounts
will try lhs but not sure last time they said they were havin a holiday
Old 05-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #8
TEAM MODERATOR

In the last picture I posted,can you make out how I had my servo mounted?

The two brackets were made from the factory 2 link arms. All thats really needed to making these would be a hack saw,drill with the proper sized bits(I think I used two different bits in all) and a file and/or sand paper. I've got a good selection of hand and power tools so it took a matter of minutes to build mine. I would guess with the tools I sugested a guy could build both brackets in 30 minutes or less. If you aint got these tools,would a buddy have some to barrow or even a buddy's dad maybe?

You can make the links I suggested with just a hacksaw by itself,might take a little time but it would work. Going with RC Alloys for your links though,I know for a fact you'll end up with some super slick links that will be strong and very clean looking.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

On your servo mounts, you bought another set of factory arms and used them I take it? Can't explain too good, but you have two "collars" side by side? One for servo and one for links?
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:55 AM   #10
TEAM MODERATOR

Nope,only used the factory arms I had for the servo. Alot of guys use the factory 2 link collars to mount their links to,my son did on his. Using RC scale ball ends you can,the 1/4" heims I'm using are to big to use these though. The collar's you see for the links are metal. I took a section of 1" (I believe) elec. conduit and made a cut,lengthwise,with my chopsaw to get rid of some material. See,the 1"(I believe) conduit is to big to fit snug over the axle tube. I made the cut,squeezed it back together in my vise and rewelded it back together then grind it smooth with a flapper disc. When you squeeze it back together you have to watch what your doing to make sure you get it back round becuase just squeezing it can make it kinda egg shape. I then made link mounts from a small piece of 1/8" metal and welded them to my new collars.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Gotcha. I wish you were closer, I'd really like to check out your rig!

[/end hyjack]
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote