Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My MF VE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #1

Default My MF VE

just want to thank every one, it seems i continue to build all that moves,
i still continue readn' everything and want to say "Hey!"
so my Question is where can i find the hardened diff gears (hot bodies)or? i do have $OFNA on a wish list i do not think i want to lock for now.
and what diff fluid to use beyond 3000wt. every thing is stock as far as it had arrived (about a year now)added various parts links, 40 style tires & rims, BB KYO shocks.
Thankyou Rick @SS. can not wait until (JUNE) for the MIP CVD's)
i know i have read plenty and would appreciate an answer.
i have been torn also with one of the many other builds G6, Wraith, and i still like RC4WD TOY but one at a time eventually i will build them all!
any way i believe i have AAAADDDD
i have to build or i do not breathe.
playing is for my job just another dumb Arss Contractor.
Wetter was evolved from my boatn' days, full size and rc.
i should have signed up a while ago but like always the answers are here.
Thanx again for the schooln'.

P.S. tore down rear diffs and only one set of spider gears are in the rear, it started because i wanted to shim, need to check the front still.
Update: found the HPI Hardened Differential Gear Set (Trophy Truggy/Buggy)
[HPI101142] found them at Amain, also these HPI 4 Bevel Gear Differential Conversion Set
[HPI87193]

Last edited by Wetter; 03-20-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Wetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My MF VE

If Rick doesn't have it, that's where I get my stuff too, AMain. The stock diffs only come with one set of spider gears. You can add two more if you are worried about durability. In stock form you're probably fine. When you step up to 1/8 scale power you may want to step up. As far as diff oil, you can go as high as you want. Anything 10k and higher will act like a locker. Just depends on how severe you want to lock it up. Good luck
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

To have any locking effect in the diff You'll need the missing spider gears and still I wouldn't go bellow 20000 diff oils
CheapTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #4

Yes, thanx to both of ya, i ordered the HPI Hardened gears, had to dremel out slightly for the stock pins to fit and used both sets of spider gears.
Diff oil i had some 5000cst from a 1/8thbuggy build.
i was using 50wt shock oil with my KYO BB but was very stiff and rebuilt them with 35wt.
i have been reading on some other builds and used white springs rear and light blue in front.
i am moving the esc, it's too close to the motor and the wires next to the trans gears to batts.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The orange springs are the softest for the stock socks. Not sure if they work for the BB shocks. The heaviest I have used are the green, but that's because of the geometry I was running at the time. I also run about lighter shock oils. Of course that was in a more crawler based rig too. 5k diff oil may seem stiff for an 1/8 buggy but not for, some what, locking diffs. Like Cheap Twin said, anything lower that 20k will not have a locking effect. Post some pics and keep up the good work
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #6

i thought he typed 2000 and the manual calls for 3K, i am still learning. with the single sets of spider gears and lighter diff oils is for hauln' A and back flips which bashing is fun for awhile, just wanted to make it multi-puropse some where in between.
anyway later i will play with some other oils and look into spare diffs.
yes i believe the shock springs still can be a lil' more soft.
i don't think i can post pics for awhile.
i put the stock body in a closet after i ran it the first time and did a "72" Chevy truck body some time ago.
some what like my 71 in color and same style (i use to have) why is it we always have somethn' soo cool get rid of it and wished it had never left?...