Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: hey all

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: hey all

Steering is holding up good except a screw is catching on the lower arm. No I didnt see any lock tight use any where. Im going to dig in to the shocks and see how bad I messed them up since I ran them after the fell apart. I might contact th hs I bought it at and see if there is something that they can do for me to fix it. I will find out more tomorrow.
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

yeah hopefully something can be done.

Looks like if the loctite issue is the case probably want to dissassemble the vehicle and loctite everything that should have it. I hate when RTRs come like that.
Cainlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

anything new to report on the vehicle?
Old 11-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #44
RCC Addict

I have been busy and its been cold.i was out playing in the snow and hit a rock and busted the front suspension arm and then lost the drive shaft when I was walking back to my van. So im waiting on parts at the moment. Going to give the stock parts another go and if they fail I will 4 link it. As for the rig..I love it. As hard as I have beat this thing up and it took most of it, I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

sorry to hear you broke it but glad you still like it.

I got the parts in I need to do my CVD setup, so I am going to start the process of getting her all together again. I think the last big thing for me is determining how I want to go with tire size. I am thinking that I want to do something that looks like a lifted truck. A very powerful lifted truck
Old 12-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Thats a very cool looking truck. First ive seen of or heard of it. I almost wish I would have ordered this but I have a yeti xl waiting to be opened xmas morning. Lol I bought the yeti because I wanted a good beach basher and back yard run about. I really want to put paddles on it and to finally get to my point, wt size are those tires? You mentioned changing to 12mm hex, are they 17mm stock? Just curious if I would have another option besides proline slingshots in 3.8. Thanks for the info in advance.
keebler1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

for the Kyosho FO-XX I beleive its 17mm hex from what part # I looked up. I actually had ordered the 17mm setup for the FO-XX but decided to go full CVD.

For 17mm rims, proline released not too long ago I am understanding 17mm 2.8 wheels. I have them sitting here with 2.8 sized tires. They are slightly smaller than truggy sized tires which I wanted to try an "lifted" truck look. I also ordered the paddles from proline and there interco tires as well.

Here is some info from kyosho's site on the tires, however not sure what applies to what, I am thinking the first value is how tall they are, but could be wrong:

Tire(F/R) 115/70.5mm
Old 12-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Really only reason I asked was because I want paddles on my soon to be yeti xl. Ive looked at the proline slingshots and desperado wheels in 3.8 l, but the scoops on the fo-xx tires look bigger than the ones on the prolines...hard to tell with only a screen to look at. Even if the tires are a bit smaller I would think that would only increase the wheel speed of the yeti xl, cant wait to see it flying by at 50+ on the beach lol.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #49
Pebble Pounder

that would be cool to see.

I did paddles for what I am doing for the snow, so will see how that goes.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Tires are 5 3/4" full od by 2 1/2" wide and the paddles are a 1/4". It looks to be a 3" wheel also. Hope that helps.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

cool good info
Old 12-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Mad Force Parts Clodbuster Clod Monster Truck TXT Tamiya | eBay

Just go a few parts I couldnt pass up.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

nice find!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggynutt View Post
Tires are 5 3/4" full od by 2 1/2" wide and the paddles are a 1/4". It looks to be a 3" wheel also. Hope that helps.
Thanks it does. There almost 1 1/2" smaller than the stock tires on the yeti xl, but like I said before I think (maybe wrong)that it would only increase the wheel speed. Im hoping to make it something very fast on the sand and switch tires to go fast on the street and backyard. Lowering it a bit couldnt hurt stability either. Sorry to thread jack a little there just wanted to ask.

I do like the look of the fo-xx and probably would have ordered one instead of yeti xl, but the moneys already been spent so its to late now. I do like the fact that manufacturers have started to notice foff and hopefully more will follow in kyosho's steps. And we all know the aftermarket will get even better with more companies making certain styles of vehicles. Thanks for info.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #55
RCC Addict

The thing can take some serious abuse. No sure how the yeti xl would handle what I have done to this rig. I know the regular yeti I run with is always breaking parts and with alot less air time..lol I think you may need to change the gearing to get more wheel speed. Smaller tire means you move slower also means you break less parts.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggynutt View Post
The thing can take some serious abuse. No sure how the yeti xl would handle what I have done to this rig. I know the regular yeti I run with is always breaking parts and with alot less air time..lol I think you may need to change the gearing to get more wheel speed. Smaller tire means you move slower also means you break less parts.
Havent gotten to run my yeti yet so I dont know first hand how it holds up. I dont plan on to much air time but who knows really. I do plan to change gears and put in thicker diff oil probably only in the rear. I also have to come up with a sway bar. I only figured with the smaller tire it would be less weight to turn which would mean faster and easier for the motor to spin.

Anyway I'll get off your thread now, thanks for the info. At some point I probably will buy a fo-xx...lol
Old 12-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Lol. Np I dont mind

hey all - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey!! 08yfz45031 General Crawlers 9 03-13-2011 10:26 PM
hey hey hey ..decided I should drop in and say hi... 86ss1 Chit Chat 3 11-14-2005 05:07 PM