Default Re: hey all

Ks 203 servo Kyosho Servo Spec. Sheet
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

good info.

Looking at what some are saying the conversion values are for torque, using this calculator based on what I am seeing, assuming this is right:

Online Conversion - Torque Conversion

I get about 128 oz of torque at 6V

if that is the case, then I can see why it feels weak given what its trying to move.

any servos you are looking to upgrade to at this time?

Thinking waterproof here if I get one. Maybe one of the xpert series servos.
Cainlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Making a movie this weekend.. starring kyosho fo-xx. Going to do some testing on some sick terrain that this thing is build for. Going to go show up some yetti and twin hammer possibly a.couple slashs. Look for the video next week. I now have 2 gopro's so I hope to catch some great footage.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

cool!

did you figure out your steering situation or are you going to just go with it as is?

would love to see vid of it doing low speed crawling to see how it looks with the sensorless setup.

debating between this and the new Axial yeti XL.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #25
SuperShafty.com

low speed crawling would be cool cept its got open diffs, so that might not work.

its a F-Off. there shouldnt be a slow speed!
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I didnt buy this monster to go slow. Open diff makes it terrible at crawling.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #27
RCC Addict

So I have a little video to edit, the sd card popped out of my gopro so alot of the good stuff never got recorded. I found the weak spots in the fo-xx. It seems to be the front of the battery holder/boxs. Both of them broke in the front and I lost a bolt holding the front swing arm on and popped the front drive shaft but luckily I found it. Need to figure out some new way to mount batteries. As soon as I get the video done I will post it up.big air lots of hill climbs but I need to see what all I got since I had the issue with the sd card. Im very impressed with this truck and would recomend it to anyone that wants to foff.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

wonder if some trays that are secured with a velcro strap could be used? I believe I saw something similar on some modified savages, assuming the trays are pretty much universals that you bolt in the vehicle you want.

Me personally found a deal on a mad force ve that I could turn into a FO-XX vehicle it appears once the various parts are out so definitely looking forward to more info on what you find out.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #29
SuperShafty.com

Can't say for the video.

I got an old mad force in a box that I got on eBay a couple weeks ago. I should put it back together and try to get the cage from the fox on there.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #30
RCC Addict

foxx and the yetti - YouTube here is some of what I got.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #31
SuperShafty.com

looks awesome man. pretty stable and has lots of rip.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Im so pissed. I hit my gopro on one of the runs and it knocked the sd card loose so most of the day I wasnt recording when I thought I was. The really cool stuff I was doing never got recorded. Going up 8' hills with 4' cliffs at the top and landing flat on the top just like the real foff trucks is wicked fun. Everything in the vid is on 3s and the craxy stuff was when I switched to 4s. I will get back out there soon and get better footage.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #33
RCC Addict

foxx and yeti 2 - YouTube some more footage. This one has a small taste of how bad I beat on this thing.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #34

Looking at this truck as a possible next purchase. Did quite a bit of research on the Mad Force. Love to see more videos and information. The internet is quiet on this truck. Looking for a scale"ish" trail truck. By trail truck, I mean a truck that would be used for driving around natural outdoor areas, washed out creeks, dirt piles, etc.

Have several 1/10 trucks, SCTs have to little ground clearance and MTs wheelies and tumbles are fun sometimes, but looking for something a little more sure footed.

Also have a 1/8th Truggy and SCT for speed and track. Like the scale, just need something with a little more ground clearance and a more scale look.

You seem to be the only person posting that actually owns one.
txhookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #35
RCC Addict

This truck out of the box is not by any means a trail truck. Best suited for wide open areas, sand, or extreme hill climbs. If you put a locker in the rear end and possibly the front as well it could be a great trail truck. Also as the stance of it is low and wide it would be alot more stable than alot of rigs. If you put a set of 2.2 tires and wheels on it in place of the paddle tires I think it would be perfect. I have a set of 40 series trenchers and they seem way to large for this truck. To make them work I would have to raise it alot so they wouldn't rub. As of now 3s lipo in this works the best for over all handling and if you want to go insane and hill climb cliffs 4s will shoot this truck up anything you point it at. The stock orion esc and motor seem to be a perfect match for it out of the box. Very little cogging at low speeds and I ran the hell out of it on 4s for about 40min and the motor never got hot, it was warm but way under what I was expecting for how I was running it. The only weak spot as I mentioned before is the battery holders. I broke both of them on the front side and im searching for a good strong fix. Im looking at the mad force holders but dont know if they are any better. Keep asking questions and I will try to answer them best I can.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #36

Thanks for the info, forgot to thank you for the vids earlier.

I should have used a better word than trail truck. I'm looking at the Summit, Yeti, Yeti XL, the FO-XX, and still looking for others. Looking for a truck that will be fun in open places but also at reasonable speeds for riding in the woods. Basically light outdoor bashing. Summit is pricey by the time you go brushless, the Yeti Twins are still very new and parts seems to be somewhat of an issue, at least with Kyosho, there are legacy parts around. Just an outdoor cruising around truck that is fun to tinker with, looks somewhat scale, and doesn't require a new mortgage.

Also looking for something that looks more like a vehicle than a space ship.

I would definitely be putting on new wheels and tires. I'm probably the opposite of a crawler, I like harder tires that power slide more than bite and traction roll.

Think the FO-XX would work well?
txhookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
SuperShafty.com

For bashing just keep in mind it's solid front and rear so it will traction roll just about all the time at high speed
Old 10-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #38
RCC Addict

A friend of mine has a yeti, the one in the video. He has bent the front a arm pins a few times as well as alot of issues. He just bought a summit to compete with the foxx and we are going out Saturday morning to give it some testing. He said its not what he was expecting and dosnt do any one thing well but does everything ok. My guess is it will handle better at speed but I will let you know.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #39
RCC Addict

So we did some more bashing and foff action today. I found another trouble spot, the shocks fall apart. There is a small nut inside instead of a c clip and 2 of the nut fell off inside the shock and let the shaft come out. Not happy at all about this. Going to try to clean them up and find some lock nuts or try lock tight on them. On the plus side I just stuck the shafts back in the shock and zip tied the suspension to almost full droop and finished the day. I will be going though alot more video and hope to have it posted up soon.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

buggynut: did it look like there was loctite used at all on the vehicle?

did you figure out what you are going to do with your steering setup?

hey all - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey!! 08yfz45031 General Crawlers 9 03-13-2011 10:26 PM
hey hey hey ..decided I should drop in and say hi... 86ss1 Chit Chat 3 11-14-2005 05:07 PM