Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Mad First

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #1

Default Mad First

Ok, so this is my first ever attempt at some for of a build thread. It'll be slow I'm sure because as you can guess funds dictate parts supply! In the end Id like to hope the slider turns in to a snow bashing monster truck! Already got another set of axle tubes on order to make it a bit wider, got the lower link mounts ordered from supershafty, sadly the cvd's seem very difficult to find but tine will tell.
Attached Images

Jmoritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #2

Default Re: Mad First

So these say they are for the hpi hell fire..... would they work on the long side?
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoritz View Post
So these say they are for the hpi hell fire..... would they work on the long side?
It's the driveshafts (the 130mm and 103mm) that are the pieces you need for the Mad Force axles. You have to remove the yokes and replace them with the stub shafts. I don't know if the HPI stub shafts are same as the Kyosho ones. I put together two sets when they used to sell the driveshafts separately. I bought a set of their CVAs for a Kyosho truck (I can't remember which one) so I could use the ends.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #4

Ah I was hoping it was the actual axle shafts. Don't seem logical when I need 4 long sides. Thanks a bunch for the quick response!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #5

So these will Need to be lengthened but should be a good start. The hex adapters are only going to need a very small shim on the back side. Maybe one day there will b a cvd kit made for this application! Should have the super shafty parts showing up this week. Still need to get the top find link mount but the site only shows one in stock and obviously I need to so hopefully more will be coming soon!
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #6

Little Super Shafty love. Missing a set of lower link mounts from my order but I'm sure it'll get solvd.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2015, 11:02 AM   #7

Hey! Looks like you ordered the same stuff.

I installed the first spool and ask myself how to make the pin stay where it should.
Just not sure what the best to do.

I could imagine using thick heat shrink tubing and just slide it over the pin holes. Making it half an inch wide or so that it stays pretty save hopefully.

You could be lucky with one pair of link mounts. I ordered the last pair available. Finally need two pairs like you. I only got one lower link mount instead of a pair. Hehehe. End years hectic maybe. Let's see when they are available again......

Best regards,

Nic
Tiki Woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #8

I have yet to install a spool but was wondering the same thing... I got an email back from super shafty about the missing parts, said there were sending the other set out asap.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #9

What do you think about simply using heat shrink tubing with little thicker walls?
I have something here that feels much stronger than the small wire stuff.
Not sure if the will be any real force on the pin in that direction and believe it should keeps the pin inside.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:24 PM   #10

Not sure. I'd assume that there has to be a way to retain the pin. Is there a set screw in the out drive cup?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #11

No, no setscrew on the spool. The only setscrew there will be on the pinion input shaft.......

Thinking about a Mip setup for the front driveshaft, btw. The male Mip I have in the Yeti looks like it will fit.
Good, because this male piece was a little short for the Yeti and after comparing it with the actual MIP kit for the Yeti I saw it is about half an inch longer than the one I used before.
The front driveshaft and front tranny output hub were killed on the last journey so I need something that allows more suspension travel without killing itself.

I used the heat shrink stuff now and will use it till I find a titanium pin with bolted ends........ Why not simply use something like that and just bolt it in? Titanium piercings for example, available in those sizes only threaded at the ends.....

Nic
Old 01-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #12

Picked up a set of the long ofna cvds. Got the tubes to the same length.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2015, 10:13 PM   #13

Front
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #14

So the ofna cvd pin for the hex is smaller than the kyosho, so what 17mm hex adapters do I need? Thanks in advance
Old 01-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #15
Gold Star Baby!

Should of used two long side centers. Interesting idea though. Could use it to make a super wide axle. I drill the pins out on mine.
vwmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #16

I tried the two long sides, ground down the little lip drilled one side out ect, but the screws sat funny when you tried to tighten them, I thought about clearanceing the housing for the bolt heads but it looked like it would cause a hole in the housing. I guess ill try and drill out the cvd's, just didn't want to mess them up. took a while to find them! hahah

Mad First - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't get MAD, But It usually runs fine Redcat Crawlers 13 03-01-2011 03:36 PM
Now i am mad TIMBERDOVII Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 01-25-2010 01:13 PM