Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Mad Force 2.0 bit of a disappointment?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Mad Force 2.0 bit of a disappointment?

I got excited when I first saw that there was a 2.0 coming out but I was hoping there was a noticeable design change. I don't think new tires and servo count as a version change. Those are changes I would have expected kyosho to make after the initial release

Oh well, maybe it will spur some more part availability
1375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Mad Force 2.0 bit of a disappointment?

I wish they would go more towards the scale monster truck look. The market is flooded with toy like rc trucks.
vwmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i have 2 thoughts on this.

I currently have a mad force kruiser and out of the 25+ rc cars i have owned in the past 20 years it has been the most fun and most reliable. its practically maintenance free and with the lack of cluttered chassis and open suspension and axle design getting to any part takes 15 minutes or less. the drive train is bullet proof, the motor has 3 gallons on it and holds a tune better than any R/C i have ever had and makes plenty of power for the light weight. Yes it could use a 4 gear diff set up with better quality metal, aluminum shocks, thicker chassis plates that are possibly a tad longer and a steering set up that doesn't involve 12 different pivots and 37 linkages - but none of these are required. mine was stock for over 2 gallons and my only breakage is the rear spider gear exploding hopping up a long rutted hill while giving it too much power.

Point is yes there is always room for improvement but the price is so much lower than the other trucks, reliability is far above average, maintenance is a breeze and the fun factor is amazing.

I am buying the new one 2.0 and i am going to buy every mod available and baby it - then my current kruiser will be used and abused without care of concern.

Both cars will still cost less than 1 revo would and need very little if anything aftermarket to provide truly reliable service.

My brother has the same truck, 8 gallons and only 1 broken axle tube when he collided head to head with a 1/8 scale buggy each of them going about 25-30mph in a pretty brutal head on collision. Motor still has great compression. he did change the factory radio and servos but that was more about personal preference. his rear out-drive to the axle has a notch worn 30% through the cup on the rear axle just from wear and tear but it still starts right up and runs amazing. He runs it almost every day after work and never cleans it up or maintains it.

I will say though you need to locktite this truck before you ever start it or you better have a spare screw set.
scott1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
SuperShafty.com

the beadlock wheels are awesome thoguh
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:29 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

since this is what 5th generation ? of the solid axle Kyosho I wonden if they put in extra spiders in diffs allready... Wheels look good and I even "get it" why they went with two diameter wheels but unless Kyosho's going to launch a line of tires for those beadlockwheels they're pretty useless ?

Last edited by CheapTwin; 03-23-2015 at 01:35 AM.
CheapTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:37 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapTwin View Post
I wonden if they put in extra spiders in diffs allready...
Why don't you put some by yourself? I put in mine, both in front and rear, it's perfect. However, since the front bevel gear is aluminium, I suppose even one pair of spider is more then enough. Probably I will upgrade this one with a steel one at some time.
Kyosho Differential Bevel Gear Set [KYOIF102] | RC Cars - AMain.com - AMain.com

Last edited by Tzicul; 03-23-2015 at 04:43 AM.
Tzicul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Yes, I've done it. But why they don't do that at the factory when it's known weak spot ? Price of those parts are nothing at the factory so why launch a complete product (again) that need stripping down and upgrading before first use ?
CheapTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:08 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapTwin View Post
stripping down and upgrading before first use
Very arguable. I have mine for 7 years now and broke down for the first time 2 weeks ago However, I agree with you, it cost nothing to them to install full gear from factory
Tzicul is offline   Reply With Quote

Mad Force 2.0 bit of a disappointment? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between X-factor, Twin Force and Mad Force axles Flatty XTM Crawler 1 09-11-2008 05:48 PM