Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Fresh start to my project "ALTERED"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 04:27 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Fresh start to my project "ALTERED"

Well it has been a while since I have done any work on either one of my projects, so here I am starting all over again with this one. For some reason I always get to a certain point in the build and then it gets pushed to the side for something else.......but not any more. I have a great vision for this rig and hope it will come out at least half as decent as I think it will. I guess we will just have to see where it goes.

So this is the beginning with a new chassis that I have been working on in my spare time after work. Still have a ways to go but I think it is coming out pretty good. As always your comments are welcomed......Thanks

ALTERED IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Nice chassis. What else do you have planned for it?
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Right now I am just making some link mounts for the suspension and then a few areas for bracing. But there are some other things that I am thinking of trying but we will have to see what comes of it. I already have the body picked out and it is made by Fastlane RC. Here is a pic of the body......

Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

this your first build ?????
aftershock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftershock1 View Post
this your first build ?????
Probably not

Quote:
Well it has been a while since I have done any work on either one of my projects, so here I am starting all over again with this one. For some reason I always get to a certain point in the build and then it gets pushed to the side for something else
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

This is not my first build, I just have a problem of not finishing them before I think up something totally different I made some progress yesterday but didn't take any pics. Hopefully I can get more work done on it tomorrow and take some pics........
Old 02-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well I know was supposed to get some updated pics but I pulled a few tendons in my wrist so I have been out of commision on this build for this week. I am going to try and get some stuff done tomorrow if my wrist permits me to. Thanks for the kind words.......
Old 02-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Well did some work on the chassis but it is not that much because my wrist is still bothering me a little. Just figured out the suspension links, it still needs some tweeking. Now I just have to triangulate the chassis for strength and I can move on to the second level of the chassis......

Old 02-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have been thinking a little bit about the wheel and tire combo for this rig and here is what I first came up with. Some 40 series slingers on narrowed cheyennes. Then I was thinking to get some faux rings made from Pyro. This is what I came up with:

Then I mocked it up to the chassis and thought to myself that they were a bit bigger than I expected. I have a set of maxx swamp dawgs but love the aggresive tread pattern of slingers. I thought about it for a little while and decided to cut and shut the slingers. I think they came out pretty good, just need to fill in some gaps here and there. Now I just need to figure out what wheels I want to go with.......here they are
Old 02-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

QUICK q WERE YA GET THE SLINGERS AND THE AXLES ?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Axles came off ebay and the slingers are from RC4WD
Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Did some work after work these past few days and I was able to get it into a rolling chassis. Finished reducing the rest of the tires and found the wheels that I am going to use. Almost forgot that I even had these, they were meant for another projectThere are still things that I still have to do but I couldn't wait.....I am sure you know how that goes.

I also figured that I would put up a pic with a measurement of the wheelbase, man this thing is going to be big. Now time to think what is next thing to do.....let me know what ya think
Old 02-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Braddah that thing is SWEEEEET!!!..Body mock up!!!...We gottah get together and run our GIANTS!!!...sssssshhhhhhh!...
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Okay I had some time this weekend to working on the chassis. I still got more work to do but its coming along. I got more done mostly in the rear section and the front so I am able to get the body to sit on it nicely, now I am just filling in the gaps and giving the chassis some strength. Let me know what you guys think so far

Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

WO! time for a sacle motor ????? what kinda motor you runnin ?? body ??
Old 02-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Hey bro I haven't decided on what motor I am going to be using, if that is the motor you are talking about. If not then it is a 1:6 scale ford motor that will get a little tweaking here and there. As for the body, I still have some work to do on it until it is presentable
Old 02-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Alright Kool Im Gettig A Seat Also Im Putting My Project Aside Time To Get Permit Then I Start On It As Soon As The Stuff Comes In The Mail This Week
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I know that some of you been asking so I will let the cat out of the bag so to say. I still have a ton of work to do on the body, trying to figure out exactly what I want and don't want on this body. I really need to think of a cowl or hood scoop design. Any suggestions are welcome as always. What can I say another crew cab

Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I tried my hand at some styrene construction, it is not coming out half bad if I say so myself I am trying my hand at building an interior floor and more since I stretched the body the stock one is out the door. Let me know what you think.....

Also I am working on the hood. Was either going with a cowl or scoop but just wanted something a little different. So this is what I have so far, kinda going to be my version of a heat extraction hood.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Wow thats going to be sweet. You've built some nice rigs. So I know this will be sweet. Keep it up and finsh this one. Would make a great Tow Rig..
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote